Upon receiving your last letter, I rushed to look up the word ‘flattering’ in the dictionary. I was shocked to find out that it could imply something negative, which I certainly did not mean. I should have used some word like ‘complimentary’ instead. For that, I would like to ask for the kindness in your heart to forgive my unintended offense. If you knew me well, you would know that I am shameless enough to take all compliments at their face value and not to think that they might be mere flattery. I just did not know what the word really implied. I hope that you no longer feel hurt or uncomfortable in any way as a result of our correspondence.

무례한 태도에 대하여 항의하려고

훌륭하게 쓰여진 편지를 칭찬하려고

단어를 잘못 사용한 것에 대하여 사과하려고

전문 용어에 대한 정확한 의미를 문의하려고

좋은 사전을 선물해 준 것에 대하여 감사하려고

[수능영어2010.20]

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes,