▶ 가시나무/거친 풀/엉겅퀴/찔레 Nettles.

These are mentioned in scripture as a sign that a place was deserted and given up to desolation. In Job the poor outcasts are described as taking shelter under them. Job 30:7; Prov. 24:31; Isa. 34:13; Hosea 9:6; Zeph. 2:9.

(욥30:7 떨기나무 가운데서 나귀처럼 부르짖으며 가시나무 아래 모여 있느니라 7 Among the bushes they brayed; under the nettles they were gathered together.

(잠24:31 가시덤불이 퍼졌으며 거친 풀이 지면에 덮였고 돌담이 무너졌기로 31 And, lo, it was all grown over with thorns, [and] nettles had covered the face thereof, and the stone wall thereof was broken down.

(사34:13 그 궁궐에는 가시나무가 나며 그 견고한 성에는 엉겅퀴와 새품이 자라서 시랑의 굴과 타조의 처소가 될 것이니 13 And thorns shall come up in her palaces, nettles and brambles in the fortresses thereof: and it shall be an habitation of dragons, [and] a court for owls.

(호09:6 보라 저희가 멸망을 피하여 갈지라도 애굽은 저희를 모으고 놉은 저희를 장사하리니 저희의 은 보물은 찔레가 덮을 것이요 저희의 장막 안에는 가시 덩굴이 퍼지리라 6 For, lo, they are gone because of destruction: Egypt shall gather them up, Memphis shall bury them: the pleasant [places] for their silver, nettles shall possess them: thorns [shall be] in their tabernacles.

(습2:9 그러므로 만군의 여호와 이스라엘의 하나님이 말하노라 내가 나의 삶을 두고 맹세하노니 장차 모압은 소돔 같으며 암몬 자손은 고모라 같을 것이라 찔레가 나며 소금 구덩이가 되어 영원히 황무하리니 나의 끼친 백성이 그들을 노략하며 나의 남은 국민이 그것을 기업으로 얻을 것이라 9 Therefore [as] I live, saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, Surely Moab shall be as Sodom, and the children of Ammon as Gomorrah, [even] the breeding of nettles, and saltpits, and a perpetual desolation: the residue of my people shall spoil them, and the remnant of my people shall possess them.

--- Morrish Bible Dictionary

BIBLE - WEB, KJV, ASV(Quiz), NIV,
개역한글KHRV( 120일1독, 1년1독, 권별, 성경통독 )

STUDY - 구절(WESLEY), 단락(MATTHEW), 읽기(Wayne),
Dictionary - Chapter, OT구약, NT신약, 테마별,