삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 117-02 풍전등화 서촉

卻說鄧艾一面修密書遣使馳報司馬詔,一面聚諸將於帳下問曰:「吾今乘虛去取成都,與汝等立功名於不朽,汝等肯從乎?」諸將應曰:「願遵軍令,萬死不辭!」

艾乃先令子鄧忠引五千精兵,不穿衣甲,各執斧鑿器具,凡遇峻危之處,鑿山開路,搭造橋閣,以便行軍。艾選兵三萬,各帶乾糧繩索進發。約行百餘里,選下三千兵,就彼紮寨;又行百餘里,又選三千兵下寨。是年十月自陰平進兵,至於巔崖峻谷之中,凡二十餘日,行七百餘里,皆是無人之地。

魏兵沿途下了數寨,只剩下二千人馬。前至一嶺,名摩天嶺。馬不堪行,艾步行上嶺,只見鄧忠與開路軍士盡皆哭泣。艾問其故。忠告曰:「此嶺西背是峻壁巔崖,不能開鑿,虛廢前勞,因此哭泣。」艾曰:「吾軍到此,已行了七百餘里,過此便是江油,豈可復退?」乃喚諸軍曰:「『不入虎穴,焉得虎子!』吾與汝等來到此地,若得成功,富貴共之。」眾皆應曰:「願從將軍之命。」

艾令先將軍器攛將下去。艾取氈自裹其身,先滾下去。副將有氈衫者裹身滾下,無氈衫者各用繩索束腰,攀木掛樹,魚貫而進。鄧艾、鄧忠,並二千軍,及開山壯士,皆渡了摩天嶺。方纔整頓衣甲器械而行,忽見道傍有一石碣,上刻:「丞相諸葛武侯題。」其文云:「二火初興,有人越此。二士爭衡,不久自死。」艾觀訖大驚,慌忙對碣再拜曰:「武侯真神人也!艾不能以師事之,惜哉!」後人有詩曰:

陰平峻嶺與天齊,玄鶴徘徊尚怯飛。鄧艾裹氈從此下,誰知諸葛有先機? 

卻說鄧艾暗度陰平,引兵行時,又見一個大空寨。左右告曰:「聞武侯在日,曾發二千兵守此險隘,今蜀主劉禪廢之。」艾嗟呀不已,乃謂眾人曰:「吾等有來路而無歸路矣。前江油城中,糧食足備。汝等前進可活,後退即死。須併力攻之。」眾皆應曰:「願死戰於此!」鄧艾步行,引二千餘人,星夜倍道來搶江油城。

卻說江油城守將馬邈;聞東川已失,雖為準備,只是隄防大路;又仗著姜維全師,守住劍閣關,遂將軍情不以為重。當日操練人馬回家,與妻李氏擁爐飲酒。其妻問曰:「屢聞邊情甚急,將軍全無憂色,何也?」邈曰:「大事自有姜伯約掌握,干我甚事?」其妻曰:「雖然如此,將軍所守城池,不為不重。」邈曰:「天子聽信黃皓,溺於酒色,吾料禍不遠矣。魏兵一到,降之為上,何必慮哉?」其妻大怒,唾邈面曰:「汝為男子,先懷不忠不義之心,枉受國家爵祿,吾有何面目與汝相見!」

馬邈羞慚無語。忽家人慌入報曰:「魏將鄧艾不知從何而來,引二千餘人,一擁而入城矣。」邈大驚,慌出納降,拜伏於公堂之下,泣告曰:「某有心歸降久矣。今願招城中居民,及本部人馬,盡降將軍。」艾准其降。遂收江油軍馬於部下調遣,即用馬邈為鄉導官。忽報馬邈夫人自縊身死。艾問其故,邈以實告。艾感其賢,令厚禮葬之,親往致祭。魏人聞者,無不嗟嘆。後人有詩讚曰:

後主昏迷漢祚顛,天差鄧艾取西川。可憐巴蜀多名將,不及江油李氏賢!

38 From his camp Deng Ai sent a letter to Sima Zhao.

39 Then he called his officers to his tent and asked them, saying, "I am going to make a dash for Chengdu while it is still undefended, and success will mean unfading glory for us all. Will you follow me?"

40 "We will follow you and obey your orders," cried they all.

41 So the final dispositions were made. Deng Zhong and three thousand troops went first to improve the road. His troops wore no armor, but they had axes and boring tools. They were to level roads and build bridges.

42 Next went thirty thousand troops furnished with dry grain and ropes. At every one hundred miles they were to make a post of three thousand.

43 In autumn of that year, they left Yinping, and in the tenth month they were in most precipitous country of the Yinping Mountains. They had taken twenty days to travel two hundred and fifty miles. They were in an uninhabited country. After garrisoning the various posts on the way, they had only two thousand soldiers left. Before them stood a range named Heaven Cliffs, which no horse could ascend. Deng Ai climbed up on foot to see his son and the troops with him opening up a road. They were exhausted with fatigue and weeping.

44 Deng Ai asked why they were so sad, and his son replied, "We have found an impassable precipice away to the northwest which we cannot get through. All our labor has been in vain."

45 Deng Ai said, "We have got over two hundred and fifty miles, and just beyond is Jiangyou. We cannot go back. How can one get tiger cubs except by going into tiger caves? Here we are, and it will be a very great feat to capture Chengdu."
46 They all said they would go on. So they came to the precipice. First they threw over their weapons; then the leader wrapped himself in blankets and rolled over the edge; next the generals followed him, also wrapped in blankets. Those who had not blankets were let down by cords round the waist, and others clinging to trees followed one after another till all had descended and the Heaven Cliffs was passed. Then they retook their armor and weapons and went on their way.

47 They came across a stone by the roadside. It bore a mysterious inscription, translated literally it read:

48 "This stone is a message of Zhuge Liang the Prime Minister: Two fires were just founded; armies pass by here. Two soldiers compete; both soon die."

49 Deng Ai was astonished. Presently he bowed before the stone and prayed to the spirit of Zhuge Liang.

50 "O Martial Lord, immortal! I grieve that I am not thy worthy disciple."

51 The rugged lofty mountain peaks 
Of Yinping, pierce the sky, 
The somber crane with wearied wing 
Can scarcely over them fly. 
Intrepid Deng Ai in blankets wrapped 
Rolled down the craggy steep, 
His feat Zhuge Liang prophesied 
By insight wondrous deep.

52 Having crossed this great range of mountains without discovery, Deng Ai marched forward. Presently he came to a roomy camp, empty and deserted. He was told that while Zhuge Liang lived, a thousand troops had been kept in garrison at this point of danger, but the Latter Ruler had withdrawn them. Deng Ai sighed at the thought.

53 He said to his troops, "Now retreat is impossible, there is no road back. Before you lies Jiangyou with stores in abundance. Advance and you live, retreat and you die. You must fight with all your strength."

54 "We will fight to the death!" they cried.

55 The leader was now afoot, doing double marches with his two thousand troops toward Jiangyou.

56 The Commander at Jiangyou was Ma Miao. He heard the East River Land had fallen into the hands of the enemy. Though some thing prepared for defense, yet his post had a wide area to cover and guard, and he trusted Jiang Wei would defend the Saber Pass. So he did not take his military duties very seriously, just maintaining the daily drills and then going home to his wife to cuddle up to the stove and drink.

57 His wife was of the Li family. When she heard of the state of things on the frontier, she said to her husband, "If there is so great danger on the borders, how is it you are so unaffected?"

58 "The affair is in Jiang Wei's hands and is not my concern," replied he.

59 "Nevertheless, you finally have to guard the capital, and that is a heavy responsibility."

60 "O, well! The Emperor trusts his favorite Huang Hao entirely and is sunk in vice and pleasure. Disaster is very near. If the Wei armies get here, I shall yield. It is no good taking it seriously."

61 "You call yourself a man! Have you such a disloyal and treacherous heart? Is it nothing to have held office and taken pay for years? How can I bear to look upon your face?"

62 Ma Miao was too ashamed to attempt to reply. Just then his house servants came to tell him that Deng Ai, with his two thousand troops, had found their way along some road and had already broken into the city. Ma Miao was now frightened and hastily went out to find the leader and offer his formal submission.

63 He went to the Town Hall and bowed on the steps, crying, "I have long desired to come over to Wei. Now I yield myself and my army and all the town."

64 Deng Ai accepted his surrender and incorporated his army with his own force. He took Ma Miao into his service as guide.

65 Then came a servant with the news: "Lady Li has hanged herself!"
66 Deng Ai asked why she had done it, and Ma Miao told him. Deng Ai, admiring her rectitude, gave orders for an honorable burial. He also went in person to sacrifice. Everyone extolled her conduct.

67 When the Ruler of Shu had wandered from the way, 
And the House of Han fell lower, 
Heaven sent Deng Ai to smite the land. 
Then did a woman show herself most noble, 
So noble in conduct, 
That no leader equaled her.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,