삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 118-04 촉한의 멸망

書曰:

艾銜命西征,元惡既服,當權宜行事,以安初附。若待國命,則往復道途,延引日月。春秋之義,大夫出疆,有可以安社稷,利國家,專之可也。今吳未賓,勢與蜀連,不可拘常以失事機。兵法進不求名,退不避罪。艾雖無古人之節,終不自嫌,以損於國也。先此申狀,見可施行。

司馬昭看畢大驚,慌與賈充計議曰:「鄧艾恃功而驕,任意行事,反形露矣﹔如之奈何?」賈充曰:「主公何不封鍾會以制之?」昭從其議,遣使齎詔封會為司徒,就令衛瓘監督兩路軍馬,以手書付瓘,使與會伺察鄧艾,以防其變。會接讀詔書,詔曰:

鎮西將軍鍾會,所向無敵,前無強梁,節制眾城,網羅迸逸;蜀之豪帥,面縛歸命;謀無遺策,舉無廢功;其以會為司徒,進封縣侯,增邑萬戶,封子二人亭侯,邑各千戶。

鍾會既受封,即請姜維計議曰:「鄧艾功在吾之上,又封太尉之職;今司馬公疑艾有反志,故令衛瓘為監軍,詔吾制之,伯約有何高見?」維曰:「愚聞鄧艾出身微賤,幼為農家養犢,今僥倖自陰平斜徑,攀木懸崖,成此大功,非出良謀,實賴國家洪福耳。若非將軍與維相拒於劍閣,又安能成此功耶?今欲封蜀主為扶風王,乃大結蜀人之心,其反情不言可見矣。晉公疑之是也。」

會深嘉其言。維又曰:「請退左右,維有一事密告。」會令左右盡退。維袖中取出一圖與會,曰:「昔日武侯出草廬時,以此圖獻先帝,且曰:『益州之地,沃野千里,民殷國富,可為霸業。』先帝因此遂創成都。今鄧艾至此,安得不狂?」

會大喜,指問山川形勞。維一一言之。會又問曰「當以何策除艾?」維曰:「乘晉公疑忌之際,當急上表,言艾反狀;晉公必令將軍討之,一舉而可擒矣。」會依言,即遣人齎表進赴洛陽,言鄧艾專次恣肆,結好蜀人,早晚必反矣。於是朝中文武皆驚。會又令人於中途截了鄧艾表文,按艾筆法,改寫傲慢之辭,以實己之語。

司馬昭見了鄧艾表章,大怒,即遣人到鍾會軍前,令會收艾,又遣賈充引三萬兵入斜谷,昭乃同魏主曹奐御駕親征。西曹掾郡悌諫曰:「鍾會之兵,多鄧艾六倍。非為艾,實為會耳。」悌笑曰:「汝忘了舊日之言耶?汝曾道會後必反,吾今此行非為艾,實為會耳。」悌笑曰:「某恐明公忘之,故以相問。今既有此意,切宜秘之,不可泄漏。」昭然其言,遂提大兵起程。時賈充亦疑鍾會有變,密告司馬昭。昭曰:「如遺汝,吾亦疑汝耶?且到長安,自有明白。」

早有細作報知鍾會,說昭已至長安,會慌請姜維商議收艾之策。正是:

纔見西蜀收降將,又見長安動大兵。

未知姜維用何策收艾?且看下文分解。

This was the letter:

67 "Deng Ai, General Who Conquers the West, has reduced the chief of the revolt to submission, and must have authority to act according as he sees best in order to settle the early stages of administration of the new territory. To await government orders for every step means long delays. According to the Spring and Autumn Annals a high officer, when abroad, has authority to follow his own judgment for the safety of the Throne and the advantage of the state.

68 "Now seeing that Wu is still unsubdued, all interest centers upon this country, and schemes of settlement should not be nullified by strict adherence to rules and formalities. In war advances are made without thought of reputation, retreats without consideration of avoiding punishment. Though I do not possess the fortitude of the ancients, I shall not be deterred from acting for the benefit of the state by craven and selfish fears for my own reputation."

69 In his perplexity Sima Zhao turned to Jia Chong for advice.

70 Said he, "Deng Ai presumes upon his services to be haughty and imperious. His recalcitrance is very evident. What shall I do?"

71 "Why not order Zhong Hui to reduce him to obedience?" replied Jia Chong.

72 Sima Zhao accepted the suggestion and issued an edict raising Zhong Hui to Minister of the Interior. After this he made Wei Guan the Inspector of the Forces and set Wei Guan over both armies, with special orders to keep a watch upon Deng Ai and guard against any attempt at insubordination.

73 The edict sent to Zhong Hui ran as follows:

74 "Zhong Hui, General Who Conquers the West, against whose might none can stand, before whom no one is strong, whose virtue conquers every city, whose wide net no one escapes, to whom the valiant army of Shu humbly submitted, whose plans never fail, whose every undertaking succeeds, is hereby made Minister of the Interior and raised to the rank of lordship of a fief of ten thousand families. His two sons also have similar rank with a fief of one thousand families."

75 When this edict reached Zhong Hui, he called in Jiang Wei and said to him, "Deng Ai has been rewarded more richly than I and is the Grand Commander. But Sima Zhao suspects him of rebellion and has ordered Wei Guan and myself to keep him in order. What does my friend Jiang Wei think ought to be done?"

76 Jiang Wei replied, "They say Deng Ai's origin was ignoble and in his youth he was a farmer and breeder of cattle. However, he had good luck and has won a great reputation in this expedition. But this is due not to his able plans, but to the good fortune of the state. If you had not been compelled to hold me in check at Saber Pass, he could not have succeeded. Now he wishes the late Ruler of Shu to be created Prince of Fufeng, whereby he hopes to win the goodwill of the people of Shu. But to me it seems that perfidy lies therein. The Duke of Jin suspects him, it is evident."

77 Zhong Hui complimented him. Jiang Wei continued, "If you will send away your people, I have something to say to you in private."

78 When this had been done and they two were alone, Jiang Wei drew a map from his sleeve and spread it before Zhong Hui, saying, "Long ago, before he had left his humble cot. Zhuge Liang gave this to the First Ruler and told him of the riches of Yizhou and how well it was fitted for an independent state. Whereupon Chengdu was seized as a first step towards attaining it. Now that Deng Ai has got to the same point, it is small wonder that he has lost his balance."

79 Zhong Hui asked many questions about the details of the features of the map, and Jiang Wei explained in full. Toward the end, he asked how Deng Ai could be got rid of.

80 "By making use of the Duke of Jin's suspicions," replied Jiang Wei. "Send up a memorial to say that it looks as if Deng Ai really contemplated rebellion. You will receive direct orders to check the revolt."

81 So a memorial was sent to Luoyang. It said that Deng Ai aimed at independence, nourished base designs, was making friends with the vanquished, and was about to revolt.

82 At this news the court was much disturbed. Then to support his charges, Zhong Hui's soldiers intercepted Deng Ai's letters and rewrote them in arrogant and rebellious terms. Sima Zhao was greatly angered and sent Jia Chong to lead an expedition into the Xie Valley, he ordered Zhong Hui to arrest Deng Ai, and he himself directing a great march under the leadership of the Ruler of Wei, Cao Huang, whom he compelled to go with him.

83 Then said Shao Ti, "Zhong Hui's army outnumbers that of Deng Ai by six to one. You need not go. You need only order Zhong Hui to arrest Deng Ai."

84 "Have you forgotten?" said Sima Zhao, smiling. "You said Zhong Hui was a danger. I am not really going against Deng Ai, but against the other."

85 "I feared lest you had forgotten," said Shao Ti. "I ventured to remind you, but the matter must be kept secret."

86 The expedition set out.

87 By this time Zhong Hui's attitude had aroused Jia Chong's suspicions, and he spoke of it to Sima Zhao, who replied, "I have sent you: Should I have doubts about you, too? However, come to Changan and things will clear up."

88 The dispatch of the army under Sima Zhao was reported to Zhong Hui, who wondered what it might mean. He at once called in Jiang Wei to consult about the seizure of Deng Ai.

89 Lo! He is victor here, a king must yield; 
And there a threatening army takes the field.

90 The next chapter will relate the plan to arrest Deng Ai.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,