삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 017-08 칠로군을 쳐부순 여포와 조조

22.操留荀彧在許都,調遣兵將,自統大軍進發。行軍之次,見一路麥已熟。民因兵至,逃避在外,不敢刈麥。操使人遠近遍諭村人父老,及各處守境官吏曰:「吾奉天子明詔,出兵討逆,與民除害。方今麥熟之時,不得已而起兵,大小將校,凡過麥田,但有踐踏者,並皆斬首。軍法甚嚴,爾民勿得驚疑。」百姓聞諭,無不歡喜稱頌,望塵遮道而拜。官軍經過麥田,皆下馬以手扶麥,遞相傳送而過,並不敢踐踏。

23.操乘馬正行,忽田中驚起一鳩,那馬眼生,竄入麥中,踐壞了一大塊麥田。操隨呼行軍主簿,擬議自己踐麥之罪。主簿曰:「丞相豈可議罪?」操曰:「吾自制法,吾自犯之,何以服眾?」即掣所佩之劍欲自刎。眾急救住。郭嘉曰:「古者春秋之義,法不加於尊。丞相總統大軍,豈可自戕?」操沉吟良久,乃曰:「既春秋有法不加於尊之義,吾姑免死。」乃以劍割自己之髮,擲於地曰:「割髮權代首。」使人以髮傳示三軍曰:「丞相踐麥,本當斬首號令,今割髮以代。」於是三軍悚然,無不懍遵軍令。後人有詩論之曰:

24. 十萬貔貅十萬心,一人號令眾難禁。
拔刀割髮權為首,方見曹瞞詐術深。

[三國誌詩017-p01]

Xun Yu was in chief military command in Xuchang.

The army marched away. In the course of the march they passed through a wheat region, and the grain was ready for harvesting but the peasants had fled for fear, and the corn was uncut. Cao Cao sent proclamations to all villages and towns:

"I am sent on the expedition by command of the Emperor to capture a rebel and save the people. I cannot avoid moving in the harvest season; but if anyone trample down the corn, he shall be put to death. Military law is strict without exception, and the people need fear no damage."

The people were very pleased and lined the road, wishing success to the expedition. When the soldiers passed wheat fields, they dismounted and pushed aside the stalks so that none were trampled down.

One day, when Cao Cao was riding through the fields, a dove suddenly got up, startling the horse so that it swerved into the standing grain, and a large patch was trampled down. Cao Cao at once called the Provost Marshal and bade him decree the sentence for the crime of trampling down corn.

"How can I deal with your crime?" asked the Provost Marshal.

"I made the rule, and I have broken it. Can I otherwise satisfy public opinion?"

Cao Cao laid hold of the sword by his side and made to take his own life. All hastened to prevent him.

Guo Jia said, "In ancient days, the days of the Spring and Autumn history, the laws were not applied to those of the most important. You are the supreme leader of a mighty army and must not wound yourself."

Cao Cao pondered for a long time. At last he said, "Since there exists the reason just quoted, I may perhaps escape the death penalty."

Then with his sword he cut off his hair and threw it on the ground, saying, "I cut off the hair as touching the head."

Then he sent messengers to exhibit the hair throughout the whole army, saying, "The Prime Minister, having trodden down some corn, ought to have lost his head by the terms of the order; now here is his hair cut off as an attack on the head."

This deed was a stimulus to discipline all through the army so that not a person dared be disobedient. A poet wrote:

A myriad soldiers march along and all are brave and bold, 
And their myriad inclinations by one leader are controlled. 
That crafty leader shore his locks when forfeit was his head, 
O full of guile were thou, Cao Cao, as everyone has said.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,