삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 045-05 적 계략을 역이용

卻說周瑜得勝回寨,犒賞三軍,一面差人到吳侯處報捷。當夜瑜登高觀望,只見西邊火光接天。左右告曰:「此皆北軍燈火之光也。」瑜亦心驚。

次日,瑜欲親往探看曹軍水寨,乃命收拾樓船一隻,帶著鼓樂,隨行健將數員,各帶強弓硬弩,一齊上船迤邐前進。至操寨邊,瑜命下了釘石,樓船上鼓樂齊奏。瑜暗窺他水寨,大驚曰:「此深得水軍之妙也!」問:「水軍都督是誰?」左右曰:「蔡瑁,張允。」瑜思曰:「二人久居江東,諳習水戰,吾必設計先除此二人,然後可以破曹。」

正窺看間,早有曹軍飛報曹操,說周瑜偷看吾寨,操命縱船擒捉。瑜見水寨中旗號動,急教收起釘石,兩邊四下一齊輪轉櫓棹,望江面上如飛而去。比及曹寨中船出時,周瑜的樓船,已離了十數里遠,追之不及,回報曹操。

操問眾將曰:「昨日輸了一陣,挫動銳氣,今又被他深窺吾寨。吾當作何計破之?」¥言未畢,忽帳下一人出曰:「某自幼與周郎同窗交契,願憑三寸不爛之舌,往江東說此人來降。」曹操大喜,視之,乃九江人:姓蔣,名幹,字子翼,見為帳下幕賓。操問曰:「子翼與周公瑾相厚乎?」幹曰:「丞相放心。幹到江左,必要成功。」操問:「要將何物去?」幹曰:「只消一童隨往,二僕駕舟,其餘不用。」操甚喜,置酒與蔣幹送行。幹葛巾布袍,駕一隻小舟,逕到周瑜寨中,命傳報:「故人蔣幹相訪。」

周瑜正在帳中議事,聞幹至,笑謂諸將曰:「說客至矣!」遂與眾將附耳低言:「如此如此。」眾皆應命而去。

瑜整衣冠,引從者數百,皆錦衣花帽,前後簇擁而出。蔣幹引一青衣小童,昂然而來,瑜拜迎之。幹曰:「公瑾別來無恙!」瑜曰:「子翼良苦。遠涉江湖,為曹氏作說客耶?」幹愕然曰:「吾久別足下,特來敘舊,奈何疑我作說客也?」瑜笑曰:「吾雖不及師嚝之聰,聞絃歌而知雅意。」幹曰:「足下待故人如此,便請告退。」瑜笑而挽其臂曰:「吾但恐兄為曹氏作說客耳。既無此心,何速去也?」遂同入帳。敘禮畢,坐定,即傳令悉召江左英傑與子翼相見。

須臾,文官武將,各穿錦衣;帳下偏裨將校,都披銀鎧;分兩行而入。瑜都教相見畢,就列於兩傍而坐,大張筵席,奏軍中得勝之樂,輪換行酒。瑜告眾官曰:「此吾同窗契友也,雖從江北到此,卻不是曹家說客;公等勿疑。」遂解佩劍付太史慈曰:「公可佩我劍作監酒。今日宴飲,但敘朋友交情;如有提起曹操與東吳軍旅之事者,即斬之!」

太史慈應諾,按劍坐於席上。蔣幹驚愕,不敢多言。周瑜曰:「吾自領軍以來,滴酒不飲;今日見了故人,又無疑忌,當飲一醉。」說罷,大笑暢飲,座上觥籌交錯。飲至半酣,瑜攜幹手,同步出帳外。左右軍士,皆全裝貫帶,持戈執戟而立。瑜曰:「吾之軍士,頗雄壯否?」幹曰:「真熊虎之士也。」

90 Zhou Yu 주유 returned to camp and feasted his victorious fighting force. A messenger bore the joyful tidings of victory to his master Sun Quan. When night fell, Zhou Yu went up to the summit of one of the hills and looked out over the long line of bright lights stretching toward the west, showing the extent of the enemy's camp. He said nothing, but a great fear came in upon him.

91 Next day Zhou Yu decided that he would go in person to find out the strength of the enemy. So he bade them prepare a small squadron which he manned with strong, hardy men armed with powerful bows and stiff crossbows. He also placed musicians on each ship. They set sail and started up the stream. When they got opposite Cao Cao's camp, the heavy stones that served as anchors were dropped, and the music was played while Zhou Yu scanned the enemy's naval camp. What he saw gave him no satisfaction, for everything was most admirable.

92 He said, "How well and correctly built is that naval base! Anyone knows the names of those in command?"

93 "They are Cai Mao 채모 and Zhang Yun 장윤," said his officers.

94 "They have lived in the south a long time," said Zhou Yu, "and are thoroughly experienced in naval warfare. I must find some means of removing them before I can effect anything."

95 Meanwhile on shore the sentinels had told Cao Cao that the enemy craft were spying upon them, and Cao Cao ordered out some ships to capture the spies. Zhou Yu saw the commotion of the commanding flags on shore and hastily gave the order to unmoor and sail down stream. The squadron at once got under way and scattered; to and fro went the oars, and each ship seemed to fly. Before Cao Cao's ships could get out after them, they were all far away.

96 Cao Cao's ships took up the chase but soon saw pursuit was useless. They returned and reported their failure.

97 Again Cao Cao found fault with his officers and said, "The other day you lost a battle, and the soldiers were greatly dispirited. Now the enemy have spied out our camp. What can be done?"

98 In eager response to his question one stepped out, saying, "When I was a youth, Zhou Yu and I were fellow students and pledged friends. My three-inch tongue is still good, and I will go over and persuade him to surrender."

99 Cao Cao, rejoiced to find so speedy a solution, looked at the speaker. It was Jiang Gan 장간 of Jiujiang 구강, one of the counseling staff in the camp.

100 "Are you a good friend of Zhou Yu?" said Cao Cao.

101 "Rest content, O Prime Minister," replied Jiang Gan. "If I only get on the other side of the river, I shall succeed."

102 "What preparations are necessary?" asked Cao Cao.

103 "Just a youth as my servant and a couple of rowers. Nothing else."

104 Cao Cao offered him wine, wished him success, and sent him on his way.

105 Clad in a simple linen robe and seated in his little craft, the messenger reached Zhou Yu's camp and bade the guards say that an old friend Jiang Gan wished to see him.

106 The commander was in his tent at a council when the message came, and he laughed as he said to those about him, "A persuader is coming."

107 Then he whispered certain instructions in the ear of each one of them, and they went out to await his arrival.

108 Zhou Yu received his friend in full ceremonial garb. A crowd of officers in rich silken robes were about him. The guest appeared, his sole attendant a lad dressed in a simple blue gown. Jiang Gan bore himself proudly as he advanced, and Zhou Yu made a low obeisance.

109 "You have been well I hope since last we met," said Jiang Gan.

110 "You have wandered far and suffered much in this task of emissary in Cao Cao's cause," said Zhou Yu.

111 "I have not seen you for a very long time," said the envoy much taken aback, "and I came to visit you for the sake of old times. Why do you call me an emissary for the Cao Cao's cause?"

112 "Though I am not so profound a musician as Shi Kuang 사광 of old, yet I can comprehend the thought behind the music," replied Zhou Yu.

113 "As you choose to treat your old friend like this, I think I will take my leave," said Jiang Gan.

114 Zhou Yu laughed again, and taking Jiang Gan by the arm, said, "Well, I feared you might be coming on his behalf to try to persuade me. But if this is not your intention, you need not go away so hastily."

115 So they two entered the tent. When they had exchanged salutes and were seated as friends, Zhou Yu bade them call his officers that he might introduce them. They soon appeared civil and military officials, all dressed in their best. The military officers were clad in glittering silver armor and the staff looked very imposing as they stood ranged in two lines.

116 The visitor was introduced to them all. Presently a banquet was spread, and while they feasted, the musicians played songs of victory and the wine circulated merrily.

117 Under the mellowing influence, Zhou Yu's reserve seemed to thaw and he said, "Jiang Gan is an old fellow student of mine, and we are pledged friends. Though he has arrived here from the north, he is no artful pleader so you need not be afraid of him."

118 Then Zhou Yu took off the commanding sword which he wore as Commander-in-Chief and handed it to Taishi Ci 태사자, saying, "You take this and wear it for the day as master of the feast. This day we meet only as friends and speak only of friendship, and if anyone shall begin a discussion of the questions at issue between Cao Cao and the South Land, just slay him."

119 Taishi Ci took the sword and seated himself in his place. Jiang Gan was not a little overcome, but he said no word.

120 Zhou Yu said, "Since I assumed command, I have tasted no drop of wine; but today as an old friend is present and there is no reason to fear him, I am going to drink freely."

121 So saying he quaffed a huge goblet and laughed loudly.

122 The rhinoceros cups went swiftly round from guest to guest till all were half drunk. Then Zhou Yu, laying hold of the guest's hand, led him outside the tent. The guards who stood around all braced themselves up and seized their shinning weapons.

123 "Do you not think my soldiers a fine lot of fellows?" said Zhou Yu.

124 "Strong as bears and bold as tigers," replied Jiang Gan.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,