삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 057-05 와룡과 봉추

早有人報到許昌,言劉備有諸葛亮,龐統為謀士,招軍買馬,積草屯糧,連結東吳,早晚必興兵北伐。曹操聞之,遂聚謀士商議南征。荀攸進曰:「周瑜新死,可先取孫權,次攻劉備。」操曰:「我若遠征,恐馬騰來襲許都。前在赤壁之時,軍中有訛言,亦傳西涼入寇之事,今不可不防也。」荀攸曰:「以愚所見,不若降詔,加馬騰為征南將軍,使討孫權;誘入京師,先除此人,則南征無患矣。」操大喜,即日遣人齎詔至西涼召馬騰。

卻說騰字壽成,漢伏波將軍馬援之後。父名肅,字子碩,桓帝時為天水闌干縣尉;後失官流落隴西,與羌人雜處,遂娶羌女生騰。騰身長八尺,體貌雄異,稟性溫良,人多敬之。靈帝未年,羌人多叛,騰招募民兵破之。初平中年,因討賊有功,拜征西將軍,與鎮西將軍韓遂為兄弟。

當日奉詔,乃與長子馬超商議曰:「吾自與董承受衣帶詔以來,與劉玄德約共討賊,不幸董承已死,玄德屢敗。我又僻處西涼,未能協助玄德。今聞玄德已得荊州,我正欲展昔日之志,而曹操反來召我,當是如何?」馬超曰:「操奉天子之命以召父親,今若不往,彼必以逆命責我矣。當乘其來召,竟往京師,於中取事,則昔日之志可展也。」

馬騰兄子馬岱諫曰:「曹操心懷叵測,叔父若往,死遭其害。」超曰:「兒願盡起西涼之兵,隨父親殺入許昌,為天下除害,有何不可?」騰曰:「汝自統羌兵保守西涼,只教次子馬休,馬鐵并姪馬岱隨我同往。曹操見有汝在西涼,又有韓遂相助,諒不敢加害於我也。」超曰:「父親若往,切不可輕入京師。當隨機應變,觀其動靜。」騰曰:「吾自有區處,不必多慮。」

於是馬騰乃引西涼兵五千,先教馬休,馬鐵為前部,留馬岱在後接應,迤灑望許昌而來,離許昌二十里屯住軍馬。曹操聽知馬騰已到,喚門下侍郎黃奎分付曰:「目今馬騰南征,吾命汝為行軍參謀,先至馬騰寨中勞軍,可對馬騰說:西涼路遠,運糧甚難,不能多帶人馬。我當更遣大兵,協同前進。來日教他入城面君,吾就應付糧草與之。」

奎領命,來見馬騰。騰置酒相待。奎酒半酣而言曰:「吾父黃琬死於李傕,郭汜之難,嘗懷痛恨。不想今日又遇欺君之賊。」騰曰:「誰為欺君之賊?」奎曰:「欺君者操賊也。公豈不知之而問我耶?」騰恐是操使來相探,急止之曰:「耳目較近,休得亂言。」奎叱曰:「公竟忘卻衣帶詔乎?」騰見他說出心事,乃密以實情告之。奎曰:「操欲公入城面君,必非好意。公不可輕入。來日當勒兵城下。待曹操出城點軍,就點軍處斬之,大事濟矣。」

117 News of these doings came to the capital, Xuchang, and Cao Cao was told of Liu Bei's two strategists and of the army in training and the stores accumulating and the league between his two chief enemies. And he knew that he had to expect an attack sooner or later. So he summoned his strategists to a council for a new campaign.

118 Said Xun Yu, "Sun Quan should be first attacked, because of the recent death of their ablest general Zhou Yu. Liu Bei will follow."

119 Cao Cao replied, "If I go on such a distant expedition, Ma Teng will fall upon the capital. While I was at the Red Cliffs, there were sinister rumors of this, and I must guard against it."

120 Xun Yu said, "The best thing that occurs to me is to obtain for Ma Teng the title of General Who Subdues the South and send him against the South Land. Thus he can be enticed to the capital and got rid of. Then you can have no fear of marching southward."

121 Cao Cao approved, and soon Ma Teng was summoned from Xiliang, a frontier territory in the west.

122 Ma Teng was a descendant of the famous leader Ma Yuan, General Who Quells the Waves. His father's name was Ma Sui. Ma Sui had held a minor magistracy in Tianshui in the reign of Emperor Huan, but had lost it and drifted west into the West Valley Land where he got amongst the Qiang Peoples, one of whose women he took to wife. She bore him a son, Ma Teng. Ma Teng was rather over the common height, and bold-looking. He was of a mild disposition and very popular. But in the reign of Emperor Ling, these Qiangs made trouble, and then Ma Teng raised a force and put it down. For his services he received the tile of General Who Corrects the West. He and Han Sui, who was known as Commander Who Guards the West, were pledged brothers.

123 On receipt of the summons to the capital, Ma Teng took his eldest son, Ma Chao, into his confidence and told him some of his former life.

124 "When Dong Cheng got the Girdle Edict from the Emperor, we formed a society, of which Liu Bei was one, pledged to put down rebellion. However, we accomplished nothing, for Dong Cheng was put to death and Liu Bei was unfortunate, while I escaped to the west. However, I hear that Liu Bei now holds Jingzhou, and I am inclined to carry out the plan we made so long ago. But here I am summoned by Cao Cao and what is to be done?"

125 Ma Chao replied, "Cao Cao has the command of the Emperor to call you. If you do not go, that will mean disobeying an imperial command and you will be punished. Obey the summons in so far as to go to the capital, where you may be able to arrange to carry out your original intention."

126 But Ma Teng's nephew, Ma Dai, held other opinions and opposed this.

127 Said he, "Cao Cao's designs are unfathomable. If you go, Uncle, I fear you will suffer."

128 "Let me lead the army against the capital," said Ma Chao. "Can we not purge the empire of evil?"

129 But his father said, "You must take command of the Qiang troops for the defense of our territory here. I will take with me your two brothers and your cousin. When Cao Cao knows that you have the Qiangs at your call and that Han Sui is prepared to assist, he will hardly dare to work any harm to me."

130 "Father, if you must go, be careful not to enter the city till you know exactly what plots and machinations are afoot."

131 "I will certainly take great care, so do not be too anxious," said the father.

132 The order of march was prepared. The Governor took five thousand troops, with his two sons---Ma Xiu and Ma Tie---as Leaders of the Van and his nephew Ma Dai bringing up the rear. These set out along the tortuous road to the capital. At seven miles distance from Xuchang they camped.

133 When Cao Cao heard of Ma Teng's arrival, he called to him Minister Huang Kui and said to him, "Ma Teng is to be sent against the south, and I shall send you as Adviser. You are first to go to his camp and express my congratulations on his arrival and say that as Xiliang is so distant and transport very difficult, he is not to take too large an army of his own. I will send a large force. Also tell him to come in soon for audience of the Emperor. I will send him supplies."

134 With these instructions Huang Kui went to Ma Teng, who brought out wine and entertained him well.

135 In his cups the messenger grew confidential and said, "My father perished at the hands of Li Jue and Guo Si, and I have always nourished resentment. Now there is another rebel in power wronging our Prince."

136 "Who is that?" asked Ma Teng.

137 "The wrong doer is that rebel Cao Cao, of course. Do you mean to say you do not know?"

138 However, Ma Teng was careful. He thought it very likely that these words were but a trap for him, so he pretended to be greatly shocked and begged his guest to be careful lest he be overheard.

139 But Huang Kui cared not, shouting, "Then you have quite forgotten the Girdle Edict, eh?"

140 Ma Teng began to see Huang Kui was sincere and presently became confidential in turn and told his guest all his schemes.

141 "Cao Cao wants you to go in to audience. There is no good intention there. Do not go," said Huang Kui. "You lead your army up close to the city and get Cao Cao to come and review them. When he comes, assassinate him."

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,