삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 058-03 마초가 조조를 혼내주다

鍾繇退守潼關,飛報曹操。操知失了長安,不敢復議南征,遂喚曹洪,徐晃分付:「先帶一萬人馬,替鍾繇緊守潼關。如十日內失了關隘,皆斬。十日外,不干汝二人之事。我統大軍隨後便至。」二人領了將令,星夜便行。曹仁諫曰:「洪性躁,誠恐誤事。」操曰:「你與我押糧草,便隨後接應。」

卻說曹洪,徐晃到潼關,替鍾繇堅守關隘,並不出戰。馬超領軍來關下,把曹操三代辱罵。曹洪大怒,要提兵下關廝殺。徐晃諫曰:「此是馬超要激將軍廝殺,切不可與戰。待丞相大軍來,必有主畫。」馬超軍日夜輪流來罵,曹洪只要廝殺,徐晃苦苦擋住。至第九日,在關上看時,西涼軍都棄馬在於關前草地上坐;多半困乏,就於地上睡臥。曹洪便教備馬,點起三千兵殺下關來。西涼兵棄馬拋戈而走,洪迤邐追趕。

時徐晃正在關上點視糧草,聞曹洪下關廝殺,大驚,急引兵隨後趕來,大叫曹洪回馬;忽然背後喊聲大震,馬岱引軍殺至。曹洪,徐晃急回走時,一棒鼓響,山背後兩軍截出:左是馬超,右是龐德,混殺一陣。曹洪抵擋不住,折軍大半,撞出重圍,奔到關上。西涼兵隨後趕來,洪等棄關而走。龐德直追過潼關,撞見曹仁軍馬,救了曹洪等一軍。馬超接應龐德上關。

曹洪失了潼關,奔見曹操。操曰:「與你十日限,如何九日失了潼關?」洪曰:「西涼軍兵,百般辱罵。因見彼軍懈怠,乘勢趕去,不想中賊奸計。」操曰:「洪年幼躁暴,徐晃你須曉事!」晃曰:「累諫不從。當日晃在關上點糧草,比及知道,小將軍已下關了。晃恐有失,連忙趕去,已中賊奸計矣。」

操大怒,喝斬曹洪,眾官告免,曹洪服罪而退。操進兵直抵潼關。曹仁曰:「可先下定寨柵,然後打關未遲。」操令砍伐樹木,起立排柵,分作三寨:左寨曹仁,右寨夏侯淵,操自居中寨。次日,操引三寨大小將校,殺奔關隘前去,正遇西涼軍馬。兩邊各布陣勢。操出馬於門旗下,看西涼之兵,人人勇健,個個英雄。又見馬超生得面如傅粉,辱若抹硃;腰細膀寬,聲雄力猛;白袍銀鎧,手執長鎗,立馬陣前;上首龐德,下首馬岱。操暗暗稱奇,自縱馬謂超曰:「汝乃漢朝名將子孫,何故背反耶?」超咬牙切齒,大罵:「操賊欺君罔上,罪不容誅!害我父弟,不共戴天之讎!吾當活捉生啖汝肉!」

說罷,挺鎗直殺過來。曹操背後于禁出迎。兩馬交戰,鬥得八九合,于禁敗走。張郃出迎,戰二十合亦敗走。李通出迎,超奮威交戰,數合之中,一鎗刺李通於馬下。超把鎗望後一招,西涼兵一齊衝殺過來。操兵大敗。西涼兵來得勢猛,左右將佐,皆抵擋不住。馬超,龐德,馬岱,引百餘騎,直入中軍來捉曹操。操在亂軍中,只聽得西涼軍大叫:「穿紅袍的是曹操!」操就馬上急脫下紅袍,又聽得大叫:「長髯者是曹操!」操驚慌,掣所佩劍斷其髯。軍中有人將曹操割髯之事,告知馬超。超遂令人叫拏短髯者是曹操。操聞知,即扯旗角包頸而逃。後人有詩曰:

潼關戰敗望風逃,
孟德愴惶脫錦袍。
劍割髭髯應喪膽,
馬超聲價蓋天高。

Zhong Yao escaped by the opposite gate and left the city in the hands of his enemies. He reached Tong Pass, where he fortified himself and sent news of the misfortune to Cao Cao.

37 Cao Cao threw aside all plans for his expedition to the south when Changan was lost.

38 He at once gave orders, "Cao Hong and Xu Huang are to march your ten thousand troops to Tong Pass to support Zhong Yao. You are to hold the Pass at all costs for ten days, or you will pay for its loss with your heads. After ten days the Pass will be no concern of yours, for I will be there with the main army."

39 Cao Ren said, "Cao Hong short of temper is unfitted to hold the Pass. Everything could happen."

40 Cao Cao replied, "You will go to reinforce him."

41 Cao Hong and Xu Huang made all haste to Tong Pass and took over the command from Zhong Yao. They confined themselves to defense; and though Ma Chao appeared every day and reviled and shouted shameful things of the three generations of Cao Cao's family, the guardians of the Pass remained quiet. But Cao Hong fretted at the daily insults and would have led the defenders out to fight had not his colleague restrained him.

42 "Ma Chao only wishes to provoke you to come out, but remember our orders and go not. The Prime Minister has some master plan."

43 So spoke Xu Huang. But the advice was hard to follow, for Ma Chao's soldiers took turns in reviling the defenders of the Pass, resting neither day nor night. And Xu Huang found it hard to curb his colleague's impatience.

44 Thus it continued till the ninth day. Then the defenders saw that their enemies had turned all their horses loose and were lolling about on the grass and sleeping as if quite fatigued.

45 Thereupon Cao Hong bade them saddle his horse, told off three thousand troops, and soon this small force was dashing down to catch the besiegers unprepared. The soldiers of Ma Chao at once fled, leaving their steeds and throwing aside their weapons. Cao Hong could not resist pursuit and chased them.

46 At this time Xu Huang was higher up the road taking in cartloads of grain and forage. But when he heard what his impulsive colleague had done, he hastily got a force together and went to his rescue. He shouted to Cao Hong to return.

47 Suddenly a great shouting arose near Xu Huang, and out dashed Ma Dai to attack. Both Cao Hong and Xu Huang turned to flee, but the drums rolled and two bodies of troops led by Ma Chao and Pang De came out from behind the hills. Then a battle began which went against Cao Cao's troops from the first. They fell fast, but some of them cut an alley through the press and made for the Pass. Their enemies flooded into the Pass in close pursuit, and they had to abandon their post and flee whither they could find a way.

48 Pang De pursued after Cao Hong, but Cao Ren came to his rescue and they both fled. Ma Chao and Pang De took the Pass.

49 Cao Hong made all haste to his master to give him the evil tidings.

50 "When I gave you the limit of ten days, why did you leave the Pass on the ninth?"

51 "Those soldiers from Xiliang hurled every sort of insult at us," replied Cao Hong. "And when I thought I had them unprepared, I took the opportunity. But I fell victim to their cunning."

52 "You are young and impetuous. But, Xu Huang, you ought to have known."

53 Xu Huang said, "He would not listen, though I told him many times. And that day I was taking in stores in another part of the Pass. As soon as they told me, I felt sure there would be some misfortune, and so I hastened after him, but it was too late."

54 Cao Cao was annoyed and ordered Cao Hong to be put to death. But his colleague officers begged that he might be pardoned, and as he had confessed his fault, he was allowed to go free and unpunished.

55 Cao Cao advanced to Tong Pass.

56 Cao Ren said, "We should establish a strong stockade before attacking."

57 So trees were felled and a strong stockade built. They made three camps: Cao Ren was in the left; Xiahou Yuan, the right; and Cao Cao himself was in the center one.

58 Soon after, Cao Cao and all his officers in a body rushed to attack the Pass. They ran against the Xiliang troops posted on two sides, halted and formed their array. This done, Cao Cao rode to the center standard whence he looked at his opponents.

59 He saw before him a body of fine troops, everyone with the bearing of a hero. And the leader, Ma Chao, was worthy of them, with his vivid face as if powdered and red lips as if colored, his supple hips and broad shoulders, his deep voice and fierce strength. He was wearing silver helmet and armor and gripping a long spear as he sat there on his charger. Pang De and Ma Dai supported him, and Cao Cao admired Ma Chao in his secret heart.

60 However, Cao Cao urged forward his steed and shouted to Ma Chao, "Why are you arrayed against the Hans, whom your father and grandfather served faithfully?"

61 Ma Chao ground his teeth and cursed Cao Cao, "Rebel! Betrayer of both prince and people! Murderer of my father and brothers! My hate for you is to the death: The same sky shall not continue to cover us, for I will take you captive and satiate my appetite on your living flesh."

62 With this he set his spear and rode over toward Cao Cao as if to slay him. But Yu Jin came out from behind and engaged Ma Chao in battle. These two fought some half score bouts, and then Yu Jin had to flee. Zhang He, however, took his place and the two warriors exchanged twenty passes. Then Zhang He, too, ran away.

63 Next to come forth was Li Tong. Ma Chao's martial prowess was now at its height, and he made short work of Li Tong, who went out of the saddle at the first blow. Then Ma Chao flourished his spear at the troops behind him as a signal for them to come on, which they did like a flood. They overwhelmed Cao Cao's forces, and Ma Chao, Pang De, and Ma Dai rode forward to try to capture Cao Cao.

64 They came close. Cao Cao heard one of his pursuers shout to another, "Cao Cao is he in the red dress!"

65 So he hastily tore off his red robe and threw it away. He also heard one say "Cao Cao is he with the long beard!"

66 At once Cao Cao took the sword that he wore at his side and sawed off some of the beard. Yet again a soldier recognized him and told Ma Chao that Cao Cao had now cut his beard, whereupon the order went forth to capture short beards. And then Cao Cao wrapped the corner of a flag about neck and jowl and fled.

67 Panic seized upon the soldiers at Tong Pass; 
Frightened, Cao Cao flung off his brocade robe 
And, terror-stricken, sawed his beard off with a sword. 
The fame of Ma Chao rose even to the sky.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,