삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 060-07 서촉행

劉璋將三萬人馬往涪城來。後軍裝載資糧錢帛一千餘輛,來接玄德。

卻說玄德前軍已到塾沮,所到之處,一者是西川供給;二者是玄德號令嚴明,如有妄取百姓一物者斬;於是所到之處,秋毫無犯。百姓扶老攜幼,滿路瞻觀,焚香禮拜。玄德皆用好言安慰。

卻說法正密謂龐統曰:「近張松有密書到此,言於涪城相會劉璋,便可圖之。機會切不可失。」統曰:「此意且勿言。待二劉相見,乘便圖之。若預走洩,於中有變。」

法正乃秘而不言。涪城離成都三百六十里。璋已到,使人迎接玄德。兩軍皆屯於涪江之上。玄德入城,與劉璋相見,各敘兄弟之情。禮畢,揮淚訴告衷情。

飲宴畢,各回寨中安歇。璋謂眾官曰:「可笑黃權王累輩,不知宗兄之心,妄相猜疑。吾今日見之,真仁義之人也。吾得他為外援,又何慮曹操張魯耶?非張松則失之矣。」乃脫所穿綠袍,並黃金五百兩,令人往成都賜與張松。

時部下將佐劉瑰,冷苞,張任,鄧賢等一班文武官曰:「主公且休歡喜。劉備柔中有剛,其心未可測,還宜防之。」璋笑曰:「汝等皆多慮。吾兄豈有二心哉!」眾皆嗟歎而退。

卻說玄德歸到寨中。龐統入見曰:「主公今日席上見劉季玉動靜乎?」玄德曰:「季玉真誠實人也。」統曰:「季玉雖善,其臣劉瑰,張任等皆有不平之色,其間吉凶未可保也。以統之計,莫若來日設宴,請季玉赴席;於衣壁中埋伏刀斧手一百人,主公擲杯為號,就筵上殺之;一擁入成都,刀不出鞘,弓不上弦,可坐而定也。」玄德曰:「季玉是吾同宗,誠心待吾,更兼吾初到蜀中,恩信未立,若行此事,上天不容,下民亦怨。公此謀,雖霸者亦不為也。」統曰:「此非統之謀;是法孝直得張松密書,言事不宜遲,只在早晚當圖之。」

言未已,法正入見,曰:「某等非為自己,乃順天命也。」玄德曰:「劉季玉與吾同宗,不忍取之。」正曰:「明公差矣:若不如此,張魯與蜀有殺母之讎,必來攻取。明公遠涉山川,驅馳士馬,既到此地,進則有功,退則無益。若執狐疑之心,遷延日久,大為失計。且恐機謀一洩,反為他人所算。不若乘此天與人歸之時,出其不意,早立基業,實為上策。」龐統亦再三相勸。正是:

人生幾番存厚道,
才臣一意進權謀。

未知玄德心下如何,且看下文分解。

178 Liu Zhang with thirty thousand troops went out to welcome his clansman, and there followed one thousand wagons laden with supplies and rich stuffs.

179 Liu Bei's advanced guard had arrived at River Dian. During the march the people had brought presents, and Liu Bei had given an order to pay for everything, under penalty of death for disobedience. Thus no one suffered, and the people came out in trusting crowds to watch the soldiers marching by and welcome them in every way. Liu Bei soothed them with very gracious words.

180 Then Fa Zheng secretly showed Pang Tong a letter from Zhang Song advocating the assassination of Liu Zhang near the place of welcome.

181 Pang Tong said, "Say nothing about this. After the two Lius have met, there may be opportunities, but this is too early to talk. Any plot would leak out."

182 So nothing was said.

183 Fucheng, where the meeting was to take place, was one hundred twenty miles from Capital Chengdu. Liu Zhang arrived first and sent messengers to welcome Liu Bei. The two armies camped on the bank of River Fu. Liu Bei went into the city to see the Imperial Protector, and they met cordially as brothers should. Both shed a few tears, and by and bye they began a heart-to-heart talk. Then followed a banquet, and after this each returned to his own camp.

184 The Imperial Protector said, "How ridiculous have been proved the fears of Huang Quan and Wang Lei! They do not understand the force of family affection. I see he is really a kindly and noble man, and with him as a support I shall fear neither Cao Cao nor Zhang Lu. And I owe all this to Zhang Song."

185 To show his gratitude, Liu Zhang took off the green silken robe he wore and sent it as a gift to Zhang Song, together with five hundred ounces of gold.

186 However, some of his officers were not so content, and a group of them bade him beware.

187 "Do not rejoice too soon, O Master," said they, "for Liu Bei is hard enough within in spite of his mild exterior. You have not sounded him yet and should be on your guard."

188 "You are all too anxious," said Liu Zhang, laughing. "My brother is no double-dealer, I am sure."

189 When Liu Bei had returned to his own tent, Pang Tong came in to ask what impression he had of his host of that day.

190 "He seems a very honest man," said Liu Bei.

191 "He is good enough, but some of his servants are discontented at this turn of affairs, and I would not guarantee there will be no murders. If you took my advice, you would have Liu Zhang assassinated at the return banquet. A hundred ruffians behind the arras, a signal from you, and the deed would be accomplished. All that would be needed, then would be a rush on Capital Chengdu. No sword need be drawn, no arrow fitted to the string."

192 "He is a brother of my house and has treated me with sincerity. I am a new-comer and so far unknown in this land. Such a deed would be abhorrent to all the world, and these people would resent it. I will not establish myself by such means."

193 "The scheme is not mine. It originated in a private letter from Zhang Song, who says it will have to be done some time."

194 At this moment Fa Zheng came in and said, "This is not for ourselves. It is the will of heaven."

195 "Liu Zhang and I are of the same house, and I would shudder at harming him," said Liu Bei.

196 "Sir, you are wrong. If you act not as we propose, then Zhang Lu will take Shu in revenge for the death of his mother. What is there for you at the end of your long march? Advance, and success is yours; retreat, and you have nothing. And delays are most dangerous. At any moment this scheme may leak out, and another will reap the profit. This is the day when Heaven smiles on you. Act before Liu Zhang suspects you. Establish yourself."

197 So urged Fa Zheng, and Pang Tong backed it.

198 Their lord, by argument, they tried 
From rectitude to turn aside.

199 What Liu Bei hid in his heart will be explained in the next chapter.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,