삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 062-01 부수관

第六十二回 取涪關楊高授首  攻雒城黃魏爭功
The Taking Of River Fu Pass, Yang Huai and Gao Pei Perish;
The Siege Of Luocheng, Huang Zhong and Wei Yan Rival.

卻說張昭獻計曰:「且休要動兵。若一興師,曹操必復至。不如修書二封:一封與劉璋,言劉備結連東吳,共取西川,使劉璋心疑而攻劉備,一封與張魯,教進兵向荊州來,著劉備首尾不能救應。我然後起兵取之,事可諧矣。」權從之,即發使二處去訖。

且說玄德在葭萌關日久,甚得民心。忽接得孔明文書,知孫夫人已回東吳。又聞曹操興兵犯濡須,乃與龐統議曰:「曹操擊孫權,操勝必將取荊州,權勝亦必取荊州矣。為之奈何?」龐統曰:「主公勿憂。有孔明在彼,料想東吳不敢犯荊州。主公可馳書去劉璋處,只推曹操攻擊孫權。權求救於荊州,吾與孫權脣齒之邦,不容不相援,張魯自守之賊,決不敢來犯界。吾今欲勒兵回荊州,與孫權會同破曹操,奈兵少糧缺。望推同宗之誼,速發精兵三、四萬,行糧十萬斛相助,請勿有誤。若得軍馬錢糧,卻另作商議。」

玄德從之,遣人往成都。來到關前,楊懷高沛聞知此事,遂教高沛守關,楊懷同使者入成都,見劉璋呈上書信。劉璋看畢,問楊懷為何亦同來。楊懷曰:「專為此書而來。劉備自從入川,廣布恩德,以收民心,其意甚是不善。今求軍馬錢糧,切不可與。如若相助,是把薪助火也。」劉璋曰:「吾與玄德有兄弟之情,豈可不助?」一人出曰:「劉備梟雄,久留於蜀而不遣,是縱虎入室矣,今更助之以軍馬錢糧,何異與虎添翼乎?」眾視其人,乃零陵烝陽人,姓劉名巴字子初。劉璋聞劉巴之言,猶豫未決。黃權又復苦諫。璋乃量撥老弱軍四千,米一萬斛,發書遣使報玄德,仍令楊懷,高沛緊守關隘。劉璋使者到葭萌關見玄德,呈上回書。玄德大怒曰:「吾為汝禦敵,費力勞心。汝今惜財吝賞,何以使士卒效命乎?」遂扯毀回書,大罵而起。使者逃回成都。龐統曰:「主公只以仁義為重,今日毀書發怒,前情盡棄矣。」玄德曰:「如此,當若何?」龐統曰:「某有三條計策,請主公自擇而行。」

玄德問那三條計。統曰:「只今便選精兵,晝夜兼道逕襲成都,此為上計。楊懷高沛乃蜀中名將,各仗強兵拒守關隘;今主公佯以回荊州為名,二將聞知,必來相送;就送行處,擒而殺之,奪了關隘,先取涪城,然後卻向成都,此中計也。退還白帝,連夜回荊州,徐圖進取,此為下計。若沉吟不去,將至大困,不可救矣。」玄德曰:「軍師上計太促,下計太緩:中計不遲不疾,可以行之。」

於是發書致劉璋,只說曹操令部將樂進引兵至青泥鎮,眾將抵敵不住,吾當親往拒之,不及面會,特書相辭。書至成都,張松聽得說劉玄德欲回荊州,只道是真心,乃修書一封,欲令人送與玄德。卻值親兄廣漢太守張肅到,松急藏書於袖中,與肅相陪說話。肅見松神情恍惚,心中疑惑。松取酒與肅共飲。獻酬之間,忽落此書於地,被肅從人拾得。席散後,從人以書呈肅。肅開視之。書略曰:「昨松進言於皇叔,並無虛謬,何乃遲遲不發?逆取順守,古人所貴。今大事已在掌握之中,何故欲棄此而回荊州乎?使松聞之,如有所失。書呈到日,疾速進兵。松當為內應,萬勿自誤!」

1 Zhang Zhao proceeded to unfold his device: "If you undertake any expedition farther west, Cao Cao will undoubtedly return to the attack. Rather write two letters, one to Liu Zhang saying that Liu Bei has leagued himself with you against the west, which will raise suspicions in the mind of Liu Zhang and cause him to attack his guest, and another letter persuading Zhang Lu to march upon Jingzhou, which will uproot Liu Bei. Between these two conflicting matters, Liu Bei cannot give supports to all fronts, and we can march against Jingzhou."

2 Sun Quan approved, wrote the two letters, and sent them by two messengers.

3 In the meantime, Liu Bei had been winning the hearts of the people about Jiameng Pass, where his army lay. When he received the news of his wife's flight and of Cao Cao's attack on Ruxu, he called in Pang Tong and laid the matter before him.

4 "The victor of Ruxu, whoever it is, will assuredly possess himself of our region of Jingzhou," said Liu Bei at the close.

5 "You need not trouble about that region," said Pang Tong. "I do not think the South Land or the Middle Land will try to take it so long as Zhuge Liang is there. But, my lord, write to Liu Zhang telling him you wish to return on account of this threatening danger. It will be a plausible excuse. You may say that on account of Cao Cao's attack, Sun Quan has sent to you for help, and that as his country and yours are neighbors and dependent upon each other for safety you cannot refuse. Further, you will assure him that there is no danger of any invasion by Zhang Lu. However, we have too few troops for our purpose and insufficient grain, so you must also urge your relative to send you thirty or forty thousand of veterans and a plentiful supply of food. He will not refuse, and with more soldiers and provisions we can do as we please."

6 Liu Bei agreed to this and sent a messenger to Chengdu. When his messenger reached the River Fu Pass, Yang Huai and Gao Pei, who commanded the garrison, already knew of the design, and the former of the two generals went with him to the city.

7 After reading the letter, the Imperial Protector asked Yang Huai, "Why did you come with the messenger?"

8 "Only because of that letter," Yang Huai replied. "This Liu Bei, from the day he first entered Yizhou, has been trying to win over the hearts of your people by a display of kindness and virtue. He certainly intends no good, and I think you should refuse both the troops and the supplies he asks. To help him is like adding fuel to a fire."

9 "We are affectionate brothers, and I must help him," said the Imperial Protector.

10 "Liu Bei is nothing but a vagabond swashbuckler," someone cried, "and if you keep him here in the west, you are loosing a tiger in your household. If you give him the troops and supplies he asks, you are adding wings to your tiger."

11 Turning whence the voice proceeded, they recognized the speaker as one Liu Ba, a native of Lingling. His words threw the Imperial Protector into a state of doubt and hesitation. Huang Quan also dissuaded him most earnestly, and finally Liu Zhang actually decided to send only four thousand of worn-out soldiers and a paltry supply of grain. At the same time fresh orders enjoining a diligent watchfulness were sent to the guardians of the passes.

12 When Liu Bei read the letter that accompanied the Imperial Protector's miserable contribution to his strength, he was furious and cried, "I have been spending myself in your defense, and this is my reward! You are mean and greedy enough to stint my supplies. How can you expect generous service?"

13 Liu Bei tore the letter to fragments and execrated the writer thereof. The bearer of the letter fled back to the capital.

14 Then said Pang Tong, "You have hitherto laid too much stress on humanity and righteousness. However, that is all over now, and all affection between you two is at an end, now that you have torn up that letter."

15 "Yes. And since that is so, what next?" asked Liu Bei.

16 "I have three schemes ready in my mind. You may choose which pleases you."

17 "What are your three schemes?"

18 "The first, and best, is to send an army forthwith and seize Chengdu. The second is to capture and put to death the two generals of the River Fu Pass. They are the two most famous fighting men in this land. If you give out that you are returning to Jingzhou, they will assuredly come to say farewell. Seize and put them to death, and the Pass and Fucheng are both yours. Chengdu will follow soon. The third plan is to drop this role you have been playing, go back to Jingzhou and make a regular invasion. But if you ponder these schemes too long, you will get into such straits that nothing can save you."

19 Liu Bei replied, "Of your three schemes, O Instructor, I find the first too summary and the last too slow. I choose the second scheme, which is neither."

20 So a letter was written to Liu Zhang saying that Cao Cao was sending an army against Qingni, and since the generals there were unequal to the defense, Liu Bei had to go to help. As the matter was pressing, there could be no personal leave-taking.

21 "I knew that the real desire of Liu Bei was to return to Jingzhou," said Zhang Song, when he heard of the letter to Liu Zhang.

22 Zhang Song then also composed a letter to Liu Bei. While he was looking about for a trusty person to take it, his brother Zhang Su, who was the Governor of Guanghan, came to see him. Zhang Song hid the letter in his sleeve while he talked with his brother. Zhang Su noticed his anxious inquietude, which he could not explain. Wine was brought in and, as the two brothers chatted over it, the letter dropped to the floor unnoticed by Zhang Song. One of Zhang Su's servants saw it, picked it up, and gave it to his master, who opened and read it.

23 This is about how it ran:

24 "What I said to you lately was not mere meaningless talk. Why, then, postpone action? The ancients valued the person who took by force and held by conciliation. If you act at once, the whole matter is in your hand. Why abandon all and return to Jingzhou? Surely I do not hear aright! When you get this letter, attack without a moment's delay and remember that I am your ally on the inside. Above all, no delay!"

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,