삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 063-01 낙봉파

第六十三回 諸葛亮痛哭龐統  張翼德義釋嚴顏

Zhuge Liang Mourns For Pang Tong;
Zhang Fei Releases Yan Yan.

卻說法正與那人相見,各撫掌而笑。龐統問之,正曰:「此公乃廣漢人,姓彭,名羕,字永言,蜀中豪傑也。因直言觸忤劉璋,被璋鉗為徒隸,因此短髮。」統乃以賓禮待之,問羕從何而來。羕曰:「吾特來救汝數萬人性命。見劉將軍方可說。」法正忙報玄德。玄德親自謁見,請問其故。羕曰:「將軍有多少軍馬在前寨?」玄德實告:「有黃忠,魏延在彼。」羕曰:「為將之道,豈可不知地理乎?前寨靠涪江,若決動江水,前後以兵塞之,一人無可逃也。」玄德大悟。彭羕曰:「罡星在西方,太白臨於此地,當有不吉之事,切宜慎之。」玄德即拜彭羕為幕賓,使人密報魏延,黃忠,教朝幕用心巡警,以防決水。黃忠,魏延商議:「二人各輪一日;如遇敵軍到來,互相通報。」

卻說冷苞見當夜風雨大作,引了五千軍,逕循江邊而進,安排決江,只聽得後面喊聲大起。冷苞知有準備,急急回軍。後面魏延引軍趕來,川兵自相踐踏。冷苞正奔走間,撞著魏延。交馬不數合,被魏延活捉去了。比及吳蘭,雷同來接應時,又被黃忠一軍殺來。魏延解冷苞到涪關。玄德責之曰:「吾以仁義相待,放汝回去,何敢背我!今次難饒!」將冷苞推出斬之,重賞魏延。玄德設宴款待彭羕。忽報荊州諸葛亮軍師特遣馬良奉書至此。玄德召入問之。馬良禮畢曰:「荊州平安,不勞主公憂念。」遂呈上軍師書信。玄德拆書觀之,略云:「亮夜算太乙數,今年歲次癸亥,罡星在西方;又觀乾象,太白臨於雒城之分,主將帥身上多凶少吉。切宜謹慎。」

玄德看了書,便教馬良先回。玄德曰:「吾將回荊州,去論此事。」龐統暗思:「孔明怕我取了西州成了功,故意將此書相阻耳。」乃對玄德曰:「統亦算太乙數,已知罡星在西,應主公合得西川,別不主凶事。統亦占天文,見太白臨於雒城,先斬蜀將冷苞,已應凶兆矣。主公不可疑心,可急進兵。」

玄德見龐統再三催促,乃引軍前進。黃忠同魏延接入寨去。龐統問法正曰:「前至雒城,有多少路?」法正畫地作圖。玄德取張松所遺圖本對之,並無差錯。法正言:「山北有條有大路,正取雒城東門;山南有條小路,卻取雒城西門。兩條路俱可進兵。」龐統謂玄德曰:「統令魏延為先鋒,取南小路而進;主公令黃忠作先鋒,從山北大路而進。並到雒城取齊。」玄德曰:「吾自幼熟於弓馬,多行小路。軍師可從大路去取東門,吾取西門。」龐統曰:「大路必有軍邀攔,主公引兵當之。統取小路。」玄德曰:「軍師不可。吾夜夢一神人,手執鐵棒擊吾右臂,覺來猶自臂痛。此行莫非不佳。」龐統曰:「壯士臨陣,不死帶傷,理之自然也。何故以夢寐之事疑心乎?」玄德曰:「吾所疑者,孔明之書也。軍師還守涪關,如何?」龐統大笑曰:「主公被孔明所惑矣。彼不欲令統獨成大功,故作此言以疑主公之心。心疑則致夢,何凶之有?統肝腦塗地,方稱本心。主公再勿多言。來早准行。」當日傳下號令,軍士五更造飯,平明上馬。黃忠,魏延領軍先行。玄德再與龐統約定,忽坐下馬眼生前失,把龐統掀將下來。玄德跳下馬,自來籠住那馬。玄德曰:「軍師何故乘此劣馬?」龐統曰:「此馬乘久,不曾如此。」玄德曰:「臨陣眼生,誤人性命。吾所騎白馬,性極馴熟。軍師可騎,萬無一失。劣馬吾自乘之。」遂與龐統更換所騎之馬。龐統謝曰:「深感主公厚恩。雖萬死亦不能報也。」遂各上馬取路而進。玄德見龐統去了,心中甚覺不快,怏怏而行。

1 Fa Zheng and the new comer met with every sign of joy, clapping their hands and laughing with pleasure.

2 "This is Peng Yang of Guanghan, one of our heroes. His blunt speech, however, offended Imperial Protector Liu Zhang, who put him to shame by shaving his head, loading him with fetters, and forcing him into a monastery. That is why his hair is short."

3 The introduction made, Pang Tong treated the stranger with all the courtesy due to a guest and asked why he had come.

4 "To save a myriad of your soldiers' lives. I will explain fully when I see General Liu Bei."

5 A message was sent to Liu Bei, who came over to see the visitor.

6 "How many troops have you, General?" asked Peng Yang, when Liu Bei arrived.

7 Liu Bei told him.

8 "As a leader you cannot be ignorant of the lie of the land. Your camps over there are on River Fu. If the river be diverted and the enemy hold your army in front and rear, not a soul can escape."

9 Liu Bei realized that this was true.

10 Peng Yang continued, "In the heaven, the bowl of the Dipper lies toward the west, and Venus stands over against us. The aspect is ominous of evil, and some misfortune threatens. It must be warded off."

11 Liu Bei offered Peng Yang an appointment as an adviser. Then he sent messages to the generals at the camps telling them to keep most vigilant look-out to guard against the cutting of the river bank. When this message came, Huang Zhong and Wei Yan agreed together to take duty day and night about and maintain the strict watch necessary in the presence of an enemy near at hand. They arranged means of communication in case either met with a body of the enemy.

12 One very stormy night, Ling Bao ventured out with a strong party of five thousand and went along the river bank to seek a suitable place for the breach. But a sudden shouting in his rear told him that the army of Jingzhou were on the alert, and he at once retired. Wei Yan came in pursuit and, as he pressed nearer, Ling Bao's troops hurried forward, trampling each other down in their haste. Suddenly Ling Bao and Wei Yan ran against each other, and they engaged. The fight was very short, for Wei Yan soon took his opponent prisoner. Wu Lan and Lei Tong who came to Ling Bao's rescue were easily beaten off, and Ling Bao was carried away. When Wei Yan reached the Pass, Liu Bei saw Ling Bao and greatly blamed him for his base ingratitude.

13 "I treated you generously and set you free, yet you repaid me with ingratitude. I cannot forgive again."

14 So the prisoner was beheaded, and his captor was rewarded. A banquet was given in honor of Peng Yang.

15 Soon after this came a letter from Zhuge Liang, by the hand of Ma Liang, who reported all calm in Jingzhou and told Liu Bei that he need feel no anxiety. Opening the letter, Liu Bei read:

16 "I have been making some astrological calculations. This is the last year of the cycle, the bowl of the Dipper is in the western quarter, and the planet Venus approaches Luocheng. The configuration is inimical to leaders, and the utmost caution is necessary."

17 Having read this and sent Ma Liang away, Liu Bei said, "I will return myself to Jingzhou and discuss the matter."

18 But Pang Tong opposed this, for he thought in his heart that Zhuge Liang's warning was due to a jealous desire to prevent him from winning the glory of conducting a victorious campaign in West River Land.

19 Therefore Pang Tong said, "I also have made calculations, and I read the signs to mean that the time is favorable for you to get possession of this land, and no evil is foreshown. Therefore be not of doubtful heart, my lord, but advance boldly."

20 Liu Bei was won over and decided to follow Pang Tong's advice. He ordered Huang Zhong and Wei Yan to lead.

21 Pang Tong asked of Fa Zheng what roads there were to follow, and the latter drew a map, which was found to agree exactly with that left by Zhang Song.

22 Fa Zheng said, "North of the mountains is a high road leading to the east gate. South of the mountains is another path leading to the west gate. Both these roads are suitable for the advance of an army."

23 So Pang Tong said to Liu Bei, "With Wei Yan to lead the way, I will go along the southern road, while you, my lord, will advance along the high road, with Huang Zhong in the van. We will attack Luocheng at the same time."

24 Liu Bei replied, "I was trained as a mounted archer and am accustomed to by-roads, wherefore, O Instructor, I think you should take the high road and let me take the other."

25 "There will be opposition on the high road, and you are the best to deal with it. Let me take the by-road."

26 "No, this does not suit me," replied Liu Bei. "A spirit bearing a massive iron club appeared to me in a dream and struck my right arm, so that I suffered great pain. I feel sure this expedition will turn out badly."

27 Pang Tong replied, "When a soldier goes into battle, he may be killed, or he may be wounded. He accepts whichever is his fate. But should one hesitate because of a dream?"

28 "The real reason of my hesitation is the letter from Zhuge Liang. Wherefore I wish you to remain and guard River Fu Pass. Do you agree to that?"

29 Pang Tong smiled, saying, "Zhuge Liang has indeed filled your mind with doubts. The real thing is that he is unwilling to let me have the merit of accomplishing a great undertaking alone. That is why he has written this. And your doubts and hesitations have produced the dream. But I see nothing ill-omened, and I am prepared for any sacrifice and mean just what I say. Pray, my lord, say no more, but prepare to set forth."

30 So the order went forth that the morning meal was to be taken early and the army was to march at dawn. Huang Zhong and Wei Yan were to take the lead, one along each road. These two set out first, and in due time Liu Bei and Pang Tong mounted and followed. Suddenly Pang Tong's horse shied and stumbled, throwing him off.

31 Liu Bei jumped down and seized the horse by the bridle, saying, "Why do you ride this wretched beast?"

32 "I have ridden him a long time, and he has never done this before," was the reply.

33 "A shying steed risks a person's life," said Liu Bei. "Ride my horse, which is thoroughly trained and will never fail you. Give me yours."

34 They exchanged horses.

35 "I am deeply affected by your kindness," said Pang Tong. "I could never repay you if I suffered death a thousand times."

36 Soon their ways diverged. After his adviser had left, Liu Bei felt ill at ease and rode gloomily.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,