삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 063-02 낙봉파

卻說雒城中吳懿,劉瑰聽知折了冷苞,遂與眾商議。張任曰:「城東南山僻有一條小路,最為要緊,某自引一軍守之。諸公緊守雒城,勿得有失。」忽報漢兵分兩路前來攻城。張任急引三千軍,先來抄小路埋伏。見魏延兵過,張任教儘放過去,休得驚動。後見龐統軍來,張任軍士,遙指軍中大將:「騎白馬者必是劉備。」張任大喜,傳令教如此如此。

卻說龐統迤邐前進,抬頭見兩山狹窄,樹木叢雜;又值夏未秋初,枝葉茂盛。龐統心下甚疑,勒住馬問:「此處是何地名?」內有新降軍士,指道:「此處地名落鳳坡。」龐統驚曰:「吾道號鳳雛,此處名落鳳坡,不利於吾。」令後軍疾退。只聽山坡前一聲砲響,箭如飛蝗,只望騎白馬者射來。可憐龐統竟死於亂箭之下。時年止三十六歲。後人有詩歎曰:

古峴相連紫翠堆,士元有宅傍山隈。
兒童慣識呼鳩曲,閭巷曾聞展驥才。
預計三分平刻削,長軀萬里獨徘徊。
誰知天狗流星墜,不使將軍衣錦回。

先是東南有童謠云:

一鳳并一龍,相將到蜀中。
纔到半路裡,鳳死落坡東。
風送雨,雨送風,
隆漢興時蜀道通,蜀道通時只有龍。

當日張任,射死龐統,漢軍擁塞,進退不得,死者大半。前軍飛報魏延。魏延忙勒兵欲回,奈山路狹窄,廝殺不得。又被張任截斷歸路,在高阜處,用強弓硬弩射來,魏延心慌。有新降蜀兵曰:「不如殺奔雒城下,取大路而進。」

延從其言,當先開路,殺奔雒城來。塵埃起處,前面一軍殺至,乃雒城守將吳蘭,雷同也;後面張任引兵追來。前後夾攻,把魏延圍在垓心。魏延死戰不能得脫。但見吳蘭雷同後軍自亂,二將急回馬去救。魏延乘勢趕去,當先一將,舞拍馬,大叫:「文長,吾特來救汝!」視之,乃老將黃忠也。兩下夾攻,殺敗吳雷二將,直衝至雒城之下。劉瑰引兵殺出,卻得玄德在後當住接應。黃忠,魏延翻身便回。

37 When the news of Ling Bao's capture and death reached Luocheng, Wu Yi and Liu Gui took counsel together.

38 Their colleague, Zhang Ren, said, "I know a by-road on the southeast which is of great importance, and I pray you let me guard it while you two hold the city."

39 So as soon as the news of the advancing armies came, Zhang Ren led three thousand troops to this by-road and placed them in ambush. They remained hidden while Wei Yan passed and made no attack. The main body under Pang Tong soon followed.

40 The soldiers in ambush saw a rider on a fine white horse and pointed him out to one another, saying, "That surely is Liu Bei on the white horse!"

41 Their leader Zhang Ren rejoiced too, and he gave certain orders.

42 Pang Tong hastened forward. By and by the mountain road narrowed to a defile with dense thickets on either hand, and as the season was when summer changes into autumn, the foliage was thick and impenetrable. His heart alarmed him, and presently he reined in his steed and asked if any knew the name of that place.

43 One of the soldiers of Yizhou who had joined his army said, "This is called 'The Fallen Phoenix Slope'."

44 Pang Tong shuddered. "An evil omen for me, since Young Phoenix is my Daoist name. There is no luck for me here!"

45 He decided to retire. But as he gave the order, the roar of a bomb rent the air and arrows began to fly toward him thick as swarming locusts. All the hidden men were shooting at the rider of the white horse. And there, wounded by many arrows, poor Pang Tong died at the age of thirty-six.

46 A poem says:

47 Deep in the blue recesses of Xian Hills 
Lay hid the modest cot of Pang Tong. 
But now each village urchin knows his story, 
And any village rustic tells his exploits. 
He knew the empire must be triply rent, 
And far he traveled lonely, to and fro. 
None knew that Heaven would cast down his star, 
Forbidding his return in glory clad.

48 A song was also written referring to Pang Tong:
49 They were two, the Phoenix and the Dragon, 
And they would travel far to the west; 
But on the road thither 
The Phoenix died on the mountain slope. 
The wind drives off the rain, 
The rain sends off the wind. 
It was the day of the Han restoration, 
When the west was attained, 
But in the attainment 
The Dragon was alone.

50 Not only was the leader of the expedition slain, but more than half of his soldiers fell in the narrow road that fatal day. Some of the troops in the van escaped and ran off to tell Wei Yan of the mishap to the army, and he halted and turned back to help. However, it was difficult to march back, and he could not hack a way through, for the road was held by Zhang Ren, and archers and crossbowmen occupied all the heights.

51 Then one of the renegades proposed that they should try to return along the high road, and they started for Luocheng this way. But in front of them arose a great cloud of dust, betraying the approach of an enemy. Wu Lan and Lei Tong, the defenders of the city, were moving toward them, and Wei Yan was between the two armies closed in like the kernel of a nut. Wei Yan fought hard to get through. When his case seemed most desperate and hopeless, he observed signs of confusion in the army that lay between him and the city. Soon that army turned and faced the other way. He pressed forward and presently saw troops of his own side, led by the veteran Huang Zhong.

52 "I will rescue you, Wei Yan!" shouted Huang Zhong, as he came near.

53 Now the defenders of Luocheng found themselves between two enemies, and they were smitten heavily. They could not check Wei Yan and Huang Zhong, who got close to the very walls of Luocheng. Seeing them near, Liu Gui, who had been left to defend the city, poured out against them. Thereupon Huang Zhong and Wei Yan, in spite of the nearness of the army of Liu Bei, refused battle and turned sway from the city.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,