삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 064-04 낙성과 기주

卻說劉循逃回見父,說雒城已陷,劉璋慌聚眾官商議。從事鄭度獻策曰:「今劉備雖攻城奪地,然兵不甚多,士眾未附,野穀是資,軍無輜重。不如盡驅巴西,梓潼民,過涪水以西。其倉廩野穀,盡皆燒除,深溝高壘,靜以待之。彼至請戰勿許,久無所資,不過百日,彼兵自走。我乘虛擊之,備可擒也。」劉璋曰:「不然。吾聞拒敵以安民,未聞動民以備敵也。此言非保全之計。」正議間,人報法正有書至。劉璋喚入,呈上書,璋拆開視之。其略曰:

前蒙遣差結好荊州,不意主公左右不得其人,以致如此。今荊州眷念舊情,不忘族誼。主公若能幡然歸順,量不薄待。望三思裁示。
  劉璋大怒,扯毀其書,大罵:「法正賣主求榮,忘恩背義之賊!」逐其使者出城,即時遣妻弟費觀,提兵前去,把守綿竹。費觀保舉南陽人姓李,名嚴,字正方,一同領兵。當下費觀,李嚴點三萬軍來守綿竹。益州太守董和,字幼宰,南郡枝江人也,上書於劉璋,請往漢中借兵。璋曰:「張魯與吾世讎,安肯相救?」和曰:「雖然與我有讎,劉備軍在雒城,勢在危急,脣亡則齒寒,若以利害說之,必然肯從。」璋乃修書遣使前赴漢中。

卻說馬超自兵敗入羌,二載有餘,結好羌兵,攻取隴西州郡。所到之處,盡皆歸降;惟冀城攻打不下。刺史韋康,累遣人求於夏侯淵。淵不得曹操言語,未敢動兵。韋康見救兵不來,與眾商議:「不如投降馬超。」參軍楊阜哭諫曰:「超等叛君之徒,豈可降之?」康曰:「事勢至此,不降何待?」

阜苦諫不從。韋康大開城門,投降馬超。超大怒曰:「汝今事急請降,非真心也!」將韋康等四十餘人盡斬之,不留一人。有人言:「楊阜勸韋康休降,可斬之。」超曰:「此人守義,不可斬也。」復用楊阜為參軍。阜薦梁寬,趙衢二人,超盡用為軍官。楊阜告馬超曰:「阜妻死於臨洮,乞告兩個月假,歸葬其妻,便回。」

馬超從之。楊阜過歷城,來見撫彝將軍姜敘。敘與阜是姑表兄弟。敘之母是阜之姑,時年已八十二。當日楊阜入姜敘內宅,拜見其姑,哭告曰:「阜守城不能保,主亡不能死,愧無面見姑。馬超叛君,妄殺郡守,一州士民,無不恨之。今吾兄坐據歷城,竟無討賊之心,此豈人臣之理乎?」言罷,淚流出血。

敘母聞言,喚姜敘入,責之曰:「韋使君遇害,亦爾之罪也。又謂阜曰:「汝既降人,且食其祿,何故又興心討之?」阜曰:「吾從賊者,欲留殘生,與主報冤也。」敘曰:「馬超英勇,急難圖之。」阜曰:「有勇無謀,易圖也。吾已暗約下梁寬,趙衢。兄若肯興兵,二人必為內應。」敘母曰:「汝不早圖,更待何時?誰不有死?死於忠義,死得其所也。勿以我為念。汝若不聽義山之言,吾當先死,以絕汝念。」

79 Liu Xun, son of the Imperial Protector, presently reached Chengdu and told his father of the loss of Luocheng. The Imperial Protector at once called his counselors together.

80 Adviser Zheng Du said, "Although Liu Bei has been successful and captured cities and towns, yet his army is but small, his hosts are not near him, and he depends upon chance for his grain and has no proper supplies. Therefore our best plan is to remove the people of Baxi and Zitong to the farther side of River Fu, burn all the granaries, fortify the city, and let starvation defeat him. Let us reject all challenges to battle, and in a hundred days his troops will go off of their own accord. Then we can do with him as we will."

81 "I like not the plan," said Liu Zhang. "Oppose invaders in order that tranquillity may prevail is a well-worn maxim, but till now I have never heard of disturbing the people in order to oppose the march of an enemy. Your words are not such as safety."

82 Just at the moment the letter from Fa Zheng arrived. It was opened and the Imperial Protector read:

83 "I was sent to Jingzhou to negotiate an alliance, but the opposition of those about you to their lord has resulted in the present situation. However, the ruler of Jingzhou still remembers old friendship and is mindful of the ties of relationship. If you, my master, could reverse your policy and lend your support to your relative, I think you would be generously treated. I hope you will consider this carefully."

84 Liu Zhang flew into a passion. He tore the letter to fragments and began to abuse its writer, crying, "That traitor, ingrate, and renegade! How dares he talk thus to me?"

85 And Liu Zhang drove the bearer of the letter from his presence. He then sent an army under the leadership of Fei Guan, his wife's brother, to reinforce Mianzhu.

86 Fei Guan at once recommended as his assistant one Li Yan of Nanyang, and the two mustered their troops, thirty thousand, and set out for the city.

87 At this juncture Dong He, the Governor of Yizhou City, wrote advising to borrow aid from Hanzhong.

88 But Liu Zhang rejected this plan, saying, "It will be useless to try to obtain help from a region under the influence of our relentless enemy Zhang Lu."

89 Dong He replied, "He may be an enemy, but Liu Bei is in possession of Luocheng, and the situation is extremely dangerous. When the lips are gone, the teeth are cold. If you clearly indicate the dangers to him, he must come to our help."

90 So a letter was written and sent to Hanzhong.

91 Two years had elapsed since Ma Chao had been defeated and gone over to the Qiang tribes in the northwest. He had made friends with them and with their aid had conquered portions of the West Valley Land. His expeditions had been very successful, the people opening their gates at the first summons. Only Jicheng had stood out, but ever this was on the point of yielding. The Governor of Jicheng, Wei Kang, had sent many urgent appeals for help to Xiahou Yuan in Changan, who, however, would do nothing without his master's order. Wei Kang was in despair, and at a council his officers advised him to yield.

92 However, one of them, Yang Fu, earnestly opposed yielding, saying, "We cannot surrender to a lot of rebels such as Ma Chao and his colleagues."

93 "What is there to hope for?" asked Wei Kang despairingly.

94 Although Yang Fu besought Wei Kang with bitterness to hold out, it was useless. Wei Kang rejected his advice, opened the city gates, and bowed his head in submission.

95 "You only yield now as the last resource," cried Ma Chao, angry at the delay he had suffered. "This is no real submission."

96 Whereupon he put to death Wei Kang and all his family to the number of two score.

97 But when they told Ma Chao that Yang Fu had been really responsible for the long delay, in that Yang Fu had urged his master to hold out, Ma Chao did not put him to death but praised him and said, "Yang Fu had but done his duty."

98 Ma Chao further showed his approval by employing Yang Fu and two of his friends in his own army. These two friends were named Liang Kuan and Zhao Qu.

99 One day Yang Fu went to his new chief and said, "My wife has died in Lintao. I wish to take leave for two months to bury her."

100 Wherefore Yang Fu was granted leave and went away from the army. On the way, he went to his maternal cousin, General Jiang Xu, Commander of Licheng. The general's mother, then an old lady of eighty-two was Yang Fu's aunt.

101 When Yang Fu saw her, he wept before her, saying, "Behold an unfortunate man! The city I had to defend is lost; my master is dead; and I have survived him. I am ashamed to look you in the face. Now this Ma Chao ravages the countryside, and everyone hates him. Yet my cousin sits still and does nothing against Ma Chao. Is this fitting conduct for a state servant?"

102 Yang Fu wept bitterly.

103 The old lady was moved by his grief, called in her son and said to him reproachfully, "You are the cause of the evil that has come upon the noble Wei Kang."

104 Then turning once more toward Yang Fu, she said, "But what can now be done? You have surrendered and, more than that, you have accepted service under your late enemy."

105 "It is true," replied Yang Fu. "I have surrendered and I have accepted service, but it is with the desire to preserve my miserable life till I can avenge my master."

106 "Ma Chao is bold and difficult to destroy," said Jiang Xu.

107 "Not very difficult," replied Yang Fu, "for though he is bold, yet he is unskillful. Already I have two friends Liang Kuan and Zhao Qu by his side, and they would help against him if you, my brother, would only supply a force."

108 "What is to be gained by delay?" then said the old lady. "Is there anyone who will not have to die? To perish in the way of loyalty and righteousness is to die in the right path. Do not think of me, for if you do, and heed not the call of your cousin, then will I die at once so that you may be free to make up your mind."

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,