삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 065-01 가맹관 싸움

第六十五回 馬超大戰葭萌關  劉備自領益州牧

Ma Chao Battles At Jiameng Pass;
Liu Bei Takes Over Yizhou.
  卻說閻圃正勸張魯勿助劉璋,只見馬超挺身出曰:「超感主公之恩,無可上報。願領一軍攻取葭萌關,生擒劉備。務要劉璋割二十州奉還主公。」張魯大喜,先遣黃權從小路而回,隨即點兵二萬與馬超。此時龐德臥病不能行,留於漢中。張魯令楊柏監軍。超與弟馬岱選日起程。

卻說玄德軍馬在雒城。法正所差下書人回報說:「鄭度勸劉璋盡燒野谷,並各處倉廩,率巴西之民,避於涪水西,深溝高壘而不戰。」玄德,孔明聞之,皆大驚曰:「若用此言,吾勢危矣!」法正笑曰:「主公勿憂,此計雖毒,劉璋必不能用也。」

不一日,人傳劉璋不肯遷動百姓,不從鄭度之言。玄德聞之,方始寬心。孔明曰:「可速進兵取綿竹,如得此處,成都易取矣。」遂遣黃忠,魏延領兵前進。費觀聽知玄德兵來,差李嚴出迎。嚴領三千兵出,各布陣完。黃忠出馬,與李嚴戰四五十合,不分勝負。孔明在陣中教鳴金收軍,黃忠回陣,問曰:「正待要擒李嚴,軍師何故收兵?」孔明曰:「吾已見李嚴武藝,不可力取。來日再戰,汝可詐敗,引入山谷,出奇兵以勝之。」

黃忠領計。次日,李嚴再引兵來,黃忠又出戰,不十合詐敗,引兵便走。李嚴趕來,迤邐趕入山谷,猛然省悟。急待回時,前面魏延引兵擺開。孔明自在山頭,喚曰:「公如不降,兩下已伏強弩,欲與吾龐士元報讎矣。」李嚴忙下馬卸甲投降,軍士不曾傷害一人。孔明引李嚴見玄德,玄德待之甚厚。嚴曰:「費觀雖是益州親戚,與某甚密,當往說之。」玄德即命李嚴回城招降費觀。

嚴入綿竹城,對費觀讚玄德如此仁德;今若不降,必有大禍。觀從其言,開門投降。玄德遂入綿竹,商議分兵取成都。忽流星馬急報,言:「孟達,霍峻守葭明關,今被東川張魯遣馬超與楊柏,馬岱領兵攻打甚急,救遲則關隘休矣。」玄德大驚。孔明曰:「須是張,趙二將,方可與敵。」玄德曰:「子龍引兵在外未回。翼得已在此,可急遺之。」孔明曰:「主公且勿言,容亮激之。」

卻說張飛聞馬超攻關,大叫而入曰:「辭了哥哥,便去戰馬超也!」孔明佯作不聞,對玄德曰:「今馬超侵犯關隘,無人可敵;除非往荊州取關雲長來,方可與敵。」張飛曰:「軍師何故小覷吾?吾曾獨拒曹操百萬之兵,豈愁馬超一匹夫乎?」孔明曰:「翼德拒水斷橋,此因曹操不知虛實耳。若知虛實將軍豈得無事?今馬超之勇,天下皆知。渭橋大戰,殺得曹操割鬚棄袍,幾乎喪命,非等閒之比,雲長且未必能勝。」飛曰:「我只今便去;如勝不得馬超,甘當軍令!」孔明曰:「即爾肯寫文書,便為先鋒。請主公親自去一遭。留亮守綿竹。待子龍來,卻作商議。」魏延曰:「某亦願往。」

1 It was Yan Pu who thus opposed sending help to Liu Zhang.

2 Then Ma Chao rose and said, "I have been the recipient of much kindness from my lord, which I feel I can never repay adequately. Now let me lead an army to take Jiameng Pass and capture Liu Bei. Then, my lord, Liu Zhang will surely lose his twenty counties, and they shall be yours."

3 This offer rejoiced Zhang Lu, who sent away Huang Quan with a promise to help. Then Zhang Lu told off twenty thousand for Ma Chao to lead. Pang De was too ill to take part in the expedition, so he remained in Hanzhong. Zhang Lu ordered Yang Bo to be Army Supervisor. Ma Chao and Ma Dai chose a day to march to Jiameng Pass.

4 Meanwhile, the messenger sent to Chengdu by Fa Zheng had returned to Luocheng to report: "Zheng Du advised Liu Zhang to set fire to all the plains and valleys between the capital and the invaders, as well as the granaries, to move sway the people, and to stand solely on the defensive."

5 This news caused Liu Bei and Zhuge Liang great anxiety, for it would be a grave danger to them. However, Fa Zheng was more sanguine.

6 "Do not be anxious," said he, "the plan would be extremely harmful, but it will not be carried out. Liu Zhang will not do that."

7 Surely enough, very soon they heard that Liu Zhang had not adopted the suggestion; he would not remove the people. It was a great relief to Liu Bei

8 Then said Zhuge Liang, "Now let us capture Mianzhu quickly, for, that done, Chengdu is as good as ours."
9 Liu Bei therefore told off Huang Zhong and Wei Yan to advance first. When Commander of Mianzhu, Fei Guan, heard of their advance, he ordered Li Yan to go out to stop them, and Li Yan led out three thousand troops. The two sides being arrayed, Huang Zhong rode out and fought some half hundred bouts with Li Yan. Neither was able to claim a victory, and so Zhuge Liang from the midst of the host ordered them to beat the gongs to cease from battle.

10 When Huang Zhong had got back to his side again, he said, "O Instructor, why did you sound the retirement just as I was getting the better of my opponent?"

11 "Because I saw that Li Yan was not to be overcome by mere force. Tomorrow you shall fight again, and then you shall lead him into the hills by the ruse of pretended defeat. There will be a surprise awaiting him."

12 Huang Zhong agreed to try this plan, and so on the morrow accepted Li Yan's challenge when it was offered. After about the tenth bout, Huang Zhong and his troops pretended to be worsted and ran. Li Yan pursued and was quickly lured into the mountains. Suddenly his danger flashed into his mind, and he turned to go back.

13 But he found Wei Yan's troops drawn up across his path.

14 From a hill top near by, Zhuge Liang cried, "You had better yield! If not, there are bows and crossbows on both sides of you---all ready to avenge the death of our Pang Tong."

15 Li Yan dropped off his horse, threw aside his armor, and offered submission. Not a soldier of his had been hurt. The prisoner was conducted to Liu Bei, who was very affable and so won Li Yan's heart that Li Yan offered to try to seduce Fei Guan from his allegiance.

16 "Though he is related to Liu Zhang, yet Fei Guan and I are very close friends. Let me go and persuade him."

17 Wherefore Li Yan was sent back to the city to induce his chief to come over to Liu Bei's side. Li Yan talked to such effect of the kindness and virtues of Liu Bei that Fei Guan was won over, opened the city gates, and admitted the invaders.

18 As soon as Liu Bei had entered Mianzhu, he set out his forces to take the capital.

19 While thus engaged, a hasty messenger came to tell of the doings at Jiameng Pass: "There suddenly appeared an army from the east under Ma Chao, Ma Dai, and Yang Bo. They are attacking, and the Pass will certainly be lost if help is not sent quickly."

20 "We need both Zhang Fei and Zhao Zilong for this," remarked Zhuge Liang. "Then we could oppose successfully."

21 "But Zhao Zilong is away," said Liu Bei. "However, Zhang Fei is here. Let us send him quickly."

22 "Do not say anything, my lord," said Zhuge Liang. "Let me stir him to fight his noblest."

23 But as soon as Zhang Fei heard of the danger, he came rushing in, shouting, "I must say farewell, brother! I am off to fight Ma Chao."

24 However, Zhuge Liang made as if he heard not and said to Liu Bei, "That Ma Chao has invaded Jiameng Pass, and we have no one to drive him back. Nobody can stand up to him, unless we can get Guan Yu from Jingzhou. Guan Yu could do it."

25 "Why do you despise me, O Instructor?" cried Zhang Fei. "Did I not once drive back a whole army with my mere voice? Think you that I mind a stupid fool like Ma Chao?"

26 Zhuge Liang said, "Yes, General; but when you forced back the waters and broke the bridge in the Long Slope, you succeeded because your enemies were doubtful. If they had known, you would not have come off so easily. Now, all the world knows this Ma Chao and has heard about his six battles at River Wei; and how he made Cao Cao cut off his beard and throw away his robe. Ma Chao very nearly slew Cao Cao too. This is no lightsome task like that, and even Guan Yu might fail."

27 "All I care for is to go, and if I do not overcome this fellow, I will take the consequences."

28 "Well, if you will put that in writing, you may lead the attack. And I will ask our lord to lead another army to back you up this time. He can leave the defense of this town to me till Zhao Zilong returns."

29 "I also want to go," said Wei Yan.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,