삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 065-04 가맹관 싸움

須臾,李恢昂然而入。馬超端坐於帳中不動,叱李恢曰:「汝來為何?」恢曰:「特來說客。」超曰:「吾匣中寶劍新磨。汝試言之。其言不通,便請試劍!」恢笑曰;「將軍之禍不遠矣!但恐新磿之劍,不能試吾之頭,將欲自試也!」超曰:「吾有何禍?」恢曰:「吾聞越之西子,善毀者不能閉其美;齊之無鹽,善美譽者不能掩其醜。『日中則昃,月滿則虧,』此天下之常理也。今將軍與曹操有殺父之讎,而隴西又有切齒之恨;前不能救劉璋而退荊州之兵,後不能制楊松而見張魯之面;目下四海難容,一身無主;若復有渭橋之敗,冀城之失,何面目見天下之人乎?」超頓首謝曰:「公言極善;但超無路可行。」恢曰:「公既聽吾言,帳外何故伏刀斧手?」

超大慚,盡叱退。恢曰:「劉皇叔禮賢下士,吾知其必成,故捨劉璋而歸之,公之尊人,昔年曾與皇叔約共討賊,公何不棄暗投明,以圖上報父讎,下立功名乎?」馬超大喜,即喚楊柏入,一劍斬之,將首級共恢一同上關來降玄德。玄德親自接入,待上賓之禮,超頓首謝曰:「今遇明主,如撥雲霧而見青天!」

時孫乾已回。玄德復命霍峻,孟達守關,便撤兵來取成都。趙雲,黃忠接入綿竹。人報「蜀將劉晙,馬漢引軍到。」趙雲曰:「某願往擒此二人!」言訖,上馬引軍出。玄德在城上款待馬超吃酒。未曾安席,子龍已斬二人之頭,獻於筵前。馬超亦驚,倍加敬重。超曰:「不須主公廝殺,超自喚出劉璋來降。如不肯降,超自與弟馬岱取成都,雙手奉獻。」玄德大喜。是日盡歡。

卻說敗兵回到益州,報劉璋。璋大驚,閉門不出。人報城北馬超救兵到,劉璋方敢登城望之。見馬超,馬岱立於城下,大叫:「請劉季玉答話。」劉璋在城上問之。超在馬上以鞭指曰:「吾本領張魯兵來救益州,誰想張魯聽信楊松讒言,反欲害我,今已歸降劉皇叔。公可納士拜降,免致生靈受苦。如或執迷,吾先攻城矣!」

劉璋驚得面如土色,氣倒於城上。眾官救醒。璋曰:「吾之不明,悔之何及!不若開門投降,以救滿城百姓。」董和曰;「城中兵尚有三萬餘人;錢帛糧草,可支一年:奈何便降?」劉璋曰:「吾父子在蜀二十餘年,無恩德以加百姓;攻戰三年,血肉捐於草野,皆我罪也。我心何安?不如投降以安百姓。」

眾人聞之,皆墮淚。忽一人進曰:「主公之言,正合天意。」視之,乃巴西西充國人也;姓譙,名周,字允南。此人素曉天文。璋問之,周曰:「某夜觀乾象,見群星聚於蜀郡;其大星光如皓月,乃帝王之象也。況一載之前,小兒謠云:『若要吃新飯,須待先主來。』此乃預兆。不可逆天道。」黃權,劉巴聞言皆大怒,欲斬之,劉璋當住。忽報「蜀郡太守許靖,踰城出降矣。」劉璋大哭歸府。

次日,人報「劉皇叔遺幕賓簡雍在城下喚門。」璋令開門接入。雍坐車中,傲睨自若。忽一人掣劍大喝曰:「小輩得志,傍若無人!汝敢藐視吾蜀中人物耶!」雍慌下車迎之。此人乃廣漢綿竹人也;姓秦名宓字子勅。雍笑曰;「不識賢兄,幸勿見責。」遂同入見劉璋,具說玄德寬洪大度,並無相害之意。於是劉璋決計投降,厚待簡雍;次日,親齎印綬文籍,與簡雍同車出城投降。玄德出寨迎接,握手流涕曰:「非吾不行仁義,奈勢不得已也!」共入寨,交割印綬文籍,並馬入城。

93 Then the guest was led in and came walking proudly. His host remained seated stiff and upright.

94 Ma Chao spoke roughly, saying, "What are you come for?"

95 "I am here as persuader."

96 "This sword here in the scabbard is newly ground. You may try me by words, but if the words do not penetrate, I shall ask you to try the sword."

97 Li Hui smiled, saying, "O General, evil is not far off. However, I am thinking the newly ground sword will not be tried on my head. You will want to try it on your own!"

98 "What evil were you talking about?"

99 "The worst vilification could not hide the beauty of Lady Xi Shi of Yue, nor could the most fulsome praise gloze over the ugliness of Lady Wuyan of Qi. The sun rises to the meridian and then declines; the moon waxes to the full and then wanes. All things obey the one law. Now, General, you are at enmity with Cao Cao for your father's death, and in West Valley Land you carry a stubborn, grinding hate for your family's death. You can neither rescue Liu Zhang by repulsing the army from Jingzhou, nor can you settle Yang Song by getting an interview with Zhang Lu. The whole world now holds no place for a person without a lord; and if you experience further defeats, like that one on River Wei, or the loss of Jicheng, will you not be too shamed to look any human in the face?"

100 Ma Chao bowed his head, saying, "You speak well, Sir. But I am helpless."

101 "Now that you listen to me, I would ask why those fearsome ruffians are in hiding by your tent?" continued Li Hui.

102 Ma Chao, suddenly stricken with shame, ordered them to retire. Li Hui continued his speech.

103 "Liu Bei, the Imperial Uncle, is considerate to his subordinates, and I am certain he will succeed, and so I have forsaken Liu Zhang to cleave to him. Your honored father joined him in destroying rebels. Why do you not flee from darkness into the light? Thereby you would avenge your father and become famous."

104 Ma Chao, convinced of the wisdom of the course thus recommended, proved his conversion by sending for Yang Bo and slaying him forthwith. Taking with him the head of his victim, Ma Chao accompanied Li Hui to the Pass and tendered his submission. Liu Bei welcomed him warmly and treated him as a highly honored guest.

105 Ma Chao bowed his head, saying, "Meeting you, O Illustrious Lord, is like seeing the clear sky when the clouds have been swept aside."

106 When Sun Qian returned from Yang Song's place, Liu Bei detached a force to go to the capture of Chengdu, left two generals, Meng Da and Huo Jun to guard Jiameng Pass, and made a triumphant entry into Mianzhu with the welcome of Zhao Zilong and Huang Zhong.

107 Two generals of West River Land, Ma Han and Liu Jun, came to oppose Liu Bei, but Zhao Zilong went out against them while Liu Bei was entertaining Ma Chao at a banquet on the city wall. Ere it had concluded, Zhao Zilong slew both the generals and brought their heads to the banquet chamber. This exploit put Ma Chao on his mettle and doubled his respect for the conquerors.

108 "Let not my lord attack," said Ma Chao. "I will make Liu Zhang surrender of his own accord. Should he resist, my brother Ma Dai and I will take the city and offer it to you with both hands."

109 Liu Bei was very pleased with the course of events. The day was indeed one of rejoicing.

110 But Liu Zhang was greatly distressed at the news of his fresh misfortunes, which reached him with the return of his defeated soldiers. He barred the gates and stopped all exits. Before long came news of the approach of Ma Chao with an army of rescue. The Imperial Protector then ventured to mount the walls, and soon Ma Chao and Ma Dai rode up and stood below the ramparts.

111 And Ma Chao called out, "Iwish to speak with Liu Zhang."

112 Then Liu Zhang showed himself, and Ma Chao plunged into the matter without more ado.

113 "I took the leadership of Zhang Lu's army to rescue Yizhou, little thinking that, under the calumnious advice of Yang Song, Zhang Lu would try to slay me. However, now I have gone over to the side of Liu Bei, the Imperial Uncle, and advise you, Sir, to do the same, you and all your officers. Thereby you will all escape harm. If anyone holds on a misguided course, I shall take the city."

114 Such words came as a shock, and Liu Zhang paled. His feelings overcame him and he swooned.

115 When he came to his senses, he muttered, "I am stupid and I am sorry. Better open the gates and end it. The city will be saved."

116 "No, no," cried Dong He. "There are thirty thousand of good soldiers in the city and ample money and stores for a year to come. Hold out!"

117 But Liu Zhang was broken, saying, "My father and I have ruled Shu for twenty years and have done no particular good for the people. We have fought for three years: The grass has been be stained with the blood of my people. The fault is mine. I could not bear it, and so I see no better way than to surrender, whereby I may bring peace to the people."

118 Those about him wept. One man spoke, saying, "You speak as Heaven guides you."

119 Turning toward him they recognized a man of Baxi named Qiao Zhou, who had the reputation of being an astrologer.

120 "I have studied the aspect of the heavens and a multitude of stars gathered over the west, one of which shone as the full moon: A right royal star. And I recall a popular couplet of last year:

121 "When comes the ruler from the east, 
Then may you on new rice feast.

122 "None can withstand the decree of the Most High."

123 Liu Ba and Huang Quan, who heard these words, were very angry at such a speech and rose up, swords in hand, to smite the speaker. But Liu Zhang stayed them.

124 Next came news that Xu Jing, the Governor of the Shu District, had climbed the wall and gone over to the invaders. This was the last blow. Liu Zhang went home weeping.

125 Next day they reported that Liu Bei, the Imperial Uncle, had sent Jian Yong as legate to visit Liu Zhang and he was even then at the city gate. Jian Yong was admitted, and he entered, riding in a carriage and looking about him most haughtily.

126 Suddenly he was hailed from the street by a man with a sword in his hand, who cried, "You have got your wish, wretched creature, and you seem to think there is no one to compare with you. But do not look so contemptuously at us of Shu!"

127 Jian Yong quickly got out of his carriage to speak to the speaker, who was a man of Mianzhu named Qin Mi.

128 "Worthy brother," said Jian Yong, "I did not recognize you. I pray you not to be angry."

129 Both then went to visit Liu Zhang, and they spoke of the liberality and broad-mindedness of Liu Bei, said he had no intention to harm anyone, and praised him to such effect that Liu Zhang then and there made up his mind finally that he would give up the struggle. So he treated Jian Yong very honorably that day.

130 And the next day, taking his seal and insignia of office and his archives, he accompanied Jian Yong out of the city and went to Liu Bei's camp. Liu Bei came out in person to receive him.

131 Taking Liu Zhang by the hand, Liu Bei wept, saying, "It is not that I wish to act cruelly or wrongly. I am the victim of circumstances and cannot help it."

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,