삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 066-02 조조가 황후를 시해하다

權乃令瑾取回老小,一面差官往三郡赴任。不一日,三郡差去官吏,盡被逐回,告孫權曰:「關雲長不肯相容,連夜趕逐回東吳,遲後者便要殺。」孫權大怒,差人召魯肅責之曰:「子敬昔為劉備作保,借吾荊州;今劉備已得西州,不肯歸還,子敬豈得坐視?」肅曰:「肅已思得一計,正欲告主公。」

權問何計,肅曰:「今屯兵於陸口,使人請關雲長赴會。若雲長肯來,以善言說之,如其不從,伏下刀斧手殺之。如彼不肯來,隨即進兵,與決勝負,奪取荊州便了。」孫權曰:「正合吾意,可即行之。」闞澤進曰:「不可。關雲長乃世之虎將,非等閒可及。恐事不諧,反遭其害。」孫權怒曰:「若如此,荊州何日可得!」便命魯肅速行此計。肅乃辭孫權,至陸口,召呂蒙,甘寧商議;設宴於陸口寨外臨江亭上,修下請書,選帳下能言快語一人為使,登舟渡江。江口關平問了,遂引使入荊州,叩見雲長,具道魯肅相邀赴會之意,呈上請書。雲長看畢,謂來人曰:「既子敬相請,我明日便來赴宴。汝可先回。」

使者辭去。關平曰:「魯肅相邀,必無好意;父親何故許之?」雲長笑曰:「吾豈不知耶?此是諸葛瑾回報孫權,說吾不肯還三郡,故令魯肅屯兵陸口,邀我赴會,便索荊州。吾若不往,道吾怯矣。吾來日獨駕小舟,只用親隨十餘人,單刀赴會,看魯肅如何近我。」平諫曰:「父親奈何以萬金之軀,親蹈虎狼之穴?恐非所以重伯父之寄託也。」雲長曰:「吾於千槍萬刀之中,矢石交攻之際,匹馬縱橫,如入無人之境;豈憂江東群鼠乎!」馬良亦諫曰:「魯肅雖有長者之風,但今事急,不容不生異心。將軍不可輕往。」雲長曰:「昔戰國時趙人蘭相如,無縛雞之力,於澠池會上,覷秦國君臣如無物;況吾曾學萬人敵者乎?既已許諾,不可失信。」良曰:「縱將軍去,亦當有準備。」雲長曰:「只教吾兒選快船十隻,藏善水軍五百,於江上等侯。看吾紅旗起處,便過江來。」平領命自去準備。

卻說使者回報魯肅,說雲長慨然應允,來日准到。肅與呂蒙商議:「此來若何?」蒙曰:「彼帶軍馬來,某與甘寧各人領一軍伏於岸側,放砲為號,準備廝殺;如無軍來,只於庭後伏刀斧手五十人,就筵間殺之。」

計會已定。次日,肅令人於岸口遙望。辰時後,見江面上一隻船來,梢公水手只數人,一面紅旗,風中招颭,顯出一個大「關」字來。船漸近岸,見雲長青巾綠袍,坐於船上;傍邊周倉捧著大刀;八九個關西大漢,各跨腰刀一口。魯肅驚疑,接入亭內。敘禮畢,入席飲酒,舉盃相勸,不敢仰視。雲長談笑自若。

酒至半酣,肅曰:「有一言訴與君侯,幸垂聽焉。昔日令兄皇叔,使肅於吾主之前,保借荊州暫住,約於取西川之後歸還。今西川已得,而荊州未還,得毋失信乎?」雲長曰:「此國家大事,筵間不必論之。」肅曰:「吾主只區區江東之地,而肯以荊州相借者,為念君侯等兵敗遠來,無以為資故也。今已得益州,則荊州自應見還;乃皇叔但肯先割三郡,而君侯又不從,恐於理上說不去。」

37 The family of Zhuge Jin were restored to liberty, and officers were sent to take charge of the three territories of Changsha, Lingling, and Guiyang.

38 But they quickly returned, saying, "Guan Yu would have none of us, but had chased us away at once with threats to kill us if we did not hasten!"

39 Sun Quan then summoned Lu Su and laid the blame on him.

40 "You are Liu Bei's guarantor in this matter. How can you sit quietly looking on while Liu Bei fails to perform his contract?" said Sun Quan.

41 "I have thought out a plan and was just going to impart it to you," said Lu Su.

42 "And what is your plan?"

43 Lu Su said, "There is a camp at Lukou. Invite Guan Yu to a banquet there and try to persuade him. If he still remains obstinate, have some assassins ready to slay him. Should he refuses the banquet, then we must try conclusions with an army."

44 "This suits me," said Sun Quan, "and it shall be done."

45 "It should not be done!" interrupted Kan Ze. "The man is as bold as a tiger and not at all like common humans. The plan will fail and result in more harm."

46 "Then when may I expect to get my Jingzhou?" asked Sun Quan, angrily.

47 Sun Quan ordered Lu Su to carry out his plan, and Lu Su went to Lukou forthwith and settled the preliminaries of the banquet with Lu Meng and Gan Ning. The place selected was by the river. Then Lu Su wrote a letter and found a persuasive person to deliver it. The messenger set out and sailed across the river to the post, where he was received by Guan Ping, who conducted him to his father.

48 "As Lu Su invites me, I will come tomorrow. You may return," was Guan Yu's reply.

49 After the messenger had gone, Guan Ping said to his father, "Why did you promise to go? I think Lu Su means you no good."

50 "Do you think I do not know? This has all come out of my refusal to yield those three territories. They are going to try coercion at this banquet. If I refuse, they will think I fear them. I will go tomorrow in a small ship with just my ten personal guards, and we shall see whether Lu Su will dare to come near me."

51 "But, Father, why risk your priceless self in the very den of a tiger? I think you are not giving due importance to my uncle's charge."

52 "I have been in the midst of million blades and arrows, yet I have been riding through it like traveling through a meadow of no one. Think you that I shall begin to show fear of a few such rats as those?"

53 Nor was the son alone in remonstrance. Ma Liang also warned his chief.

54 "Although Lu Su has a great repute, yet now he is pushed hard. He certainly is badly disposed toward you, and you must be careful, General."

55 Guan Yu replied, "I have given my word, and shall I withdraw from it? In the days of the Warring States, Lin Xiangru of the state of Zhao had not the force even to bind a chicken, yet in the assembly at Shengchi Lake he regarded not the prince and the ministers of the powerful state of Qin, but did his duty without fear of consequences. Have I not learned to face any number of foes? I cannot break my promise."

56 "If you must go," said Ma Liang, "at least go prepared."

57 "Tell my son to choose out ten fast ships and five hundred of good marines and be in readiness to help me at need. And when he sees a red flag waved, he can come over to my aid."

58 The order was given, and the little squadron was got ready.

59 The messenger returned to his master and told him that Guan Yu had boldly accepted the invitation, and Lu Su and Lu Meng took counsel together.

60 "What do you think of this?" asked Lu Su.

61 "If Guan Yu comes with a force, Gan Ning and I will be in readiness for him by the riverside. And you will hear our bomb as a signal that we are attacking. If he has no force with him, the assassins can set on during the banquet."

62 Next day a look-out was kept on the bank, and early in the day a single ship came along. It was manned by very few men, and a simple red flag flew out on the breeze showing but one word, Guan. Presently they could see him, a handsome figure in a green robe and navy-blue turban. Beside him stood Zhou Cang, his sword-bearer, and near him were eight or nine fine-looking men, each with a sword at his side.

63 Guan Yu landed and was received by the trembling Lu Su, who conducted him to the hall, bowed his greetings, and led him to the banquet chamber. When Guan Yu drank to his host, Lu Su dared not raise his eyes, but Guan Yu was perfectly composed.

64 When they had become mellow with wine, Lu Su said, "I have a word to say to you, Sir, if haply I may have your attention. You know that your illustrious brother, the Imperial Uncle, made me surety with my master that Jingzhou would be returned after Yizhou had been taken. Well, now that country is in his possession, but Jingzhou is still unreturned. Is not this a breach of good faith?"

65 "This is a government affair," said Guan Yu. "Such matters should not be introduced at a banquet."

66 "My master only has petty possessions in the east, and he allowed the temporary loan of Jingzhou out of consideration for the need in which you then were. But now you have Yizhou, and Jingzhou should be given up. The Imperial Uncle has even yielded three territories, but you, Sir, seem unwilling to let them go. This seems hard to explain on reasonable grounds."

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,