삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 067-05 한중 평정

李典素與張遼不睦,聞遼此言,默然不答。樂進見李典不語,便道:「賊眾我寡,難以迎敵,不如堅守。」張遼曰:「公等皆是私意,不顧公事。吾今自出迎敵,決一死戰。」便教左右備馬。李典慨然而起曰:「將軍如此,典豈敢以私憾而忘公事乎﹖願聽指揮。」張遼大喜曰:「既曼成肯相助,來日引一軍於逍遙津北埋伏;待吳兵殺過來,可先斷小師橋,吾與樂文謙擊之。」李典領命,自去點軍埋伏。

卻說孫權令呂蒙,甘寧為前隊,自與凌統居中。其餘諸將陸續進發,望合淝殺來。呂蒙,甘寧前隊兵進,正與樂進相迎。甘寧出馬與樂進交鋒,戰不數合,樂進詐敗而走。甘寧招呼呂蒙一齊引軍趕去。孫權在第二隊,聽得前軍得勝,催兵行兵至逍遙津北,忽聞連珠砲響,左邊張遼一軍殺來,右邊李典一軍殺來。孫權大驚,急令人喚呂蒙,甘寧回救時,張遼兵已到。凌統手下,止有三百餘騎,當不得曹軍勢如山倒。凌統大呼曰:「主公何不速渡小師橋!」

言未畢,張遼引二千餘騎,當先殺至。凌統翻身死戰。孫權縱馬上橋,橋南已拆丈餘,並無一片板。孫權驚手足無措。牙將谷利大呼曰:「主公可將馬退後,再放馬向前,跳過橋去。」孫權收回馬來有三丈餘遠,然後縱轡加鞭,那馬一跳飛過橋南。後人有詩曰:

的盧當日跳檀溪;
又見吳侯敗合淝。
退後著鞭馳駿騎,
逍遙津上玉龍飛。

孫權跳過橋南,徐盛,董襲駕舟相迎。凌統,谷利扺住張遼。甘寧,呂蒙,引軍回救,卻被樂進從後追來,李典又截住廝殺,吳兵折了大半。凌統所領三百餘人,盡被殺死。統身中數鎗,殺到橋邊,橋已拆斷,遶河而逃。孫權在舟中望見,急令董襲棹舟接之,乃得渡回。呂蒙,甘寧皆死命逃過河南。這一陣殺得江南人人害怕;聞張遼大名,小兒也不敢夜啼。眾將保護孫權回營。權乃重賞凌統,谷利,收軍回濡須,整頓船隻,商議水陸並進;一面差人回江南,再起人馬來助戰。

卻說張遼聞孫權在濡須,將欲興兵進攻,恐合淝兵少,難以扺敵,急令薛悌星夜往漢中,報知曹操,求請救兵。操同眾官議曰:「此時可收西川否﹖」劉曰:「今蜀中稍定,已有準備,不可擊也。不如撤兵去救合淝之急,就下江南。」

操乃留夏侯淵守漢中,定軍山隘口,留張郃守蒙頭巖等隘口。其餘軍兵拔寨都起,殺奔濡須塢來。正是:

鐵騎甫能平隴右,
旌旄又復指江南。

未知勝負如何,且看下文分解。

120 But Li Dian was silent, for he was ever unfriendly to Zhang Liao.

121 Then seeing his colleague inclined to hold off, Yue Jing said, "I am for remaining on the defensive, since the enemy is so much more numerous than we."

122 "Gentlemen, it seems you are selfish and not devoted to the common weal," said Zhang Liao. "You may have your private reasons for what you do, but I intend to go out and try to repel the enemy. I will fight them to the death."

123 Thereupon Zhang Liao bade his servants saddle his steed.

124 At this, Li Dian's better feelings were aroused, and he rose, saying, "How can I be careless of the common weal and indulge my private feelings? I am ready to follow you and do as you command."

125 Zhang Liao was elated at this moral victory, and said, "Since I can depend upon your help, my friend, then I would ask you to lie in ambush on the north of Xiaoyao Ford in order to destroy the Xiaoshi Bridge there as soon as the army of Wu has crossed. I, with my friend Yue Jing, will smite the enemy."

126 Li Dian went away to muster his troops and prepare the ambush.

127 As has been recorded, the leaders of the advance guard of the southern army were the veterans Lu Meng and Gan Ning. Sun Quan and Ling Tong were in the center; the other generals followed them. The leaders of the van met Yue Jing first, and Gan Ning rode out and challenged him. After a few bouts, Yue Jing pretended to be defeated and fled. Gan Ning called to his colleague to join in the pursuit.

128 When Sun Quan heard that this advance guard had been successful, he hastened his army to Xiaoyao Ford. But then there came a series of explosions, and up came Zhang Liao and Li Dian, one on each flank. Sun Quan was unprepared for this and sent messengers to call off the pursuit and ask for help from Lu Meng and Gan Ning. Before it could arrived, Zhang Liao had come up. Manifestly, Ling Tong, who had with him only a small troop of three hundred horse, could not long withstand the army of Cao Cao, but he faced them and fought bravely.

129 Presently Ling Tong cried to his lord, "Cross the Xiaoshi Bridge and run back, my lord!"

130 Sun Quan galloped for the bridge, but the southern end had been already broken down and there was a wide breach between the end of the bridge and the shore. Not a single plank was there by which to cross. What could be done? Sun Quan was in a quandary, and helpless.

131 "Go back and jump for it!" yelled one of the generals, Gu Li by name.

132 Sun Quan did so. Backing his horse some thirty spans or so, he then gave it its head and lashed it with his whip.

133 The good beast leaped, cleared the chasm and his master was safe on the southern shore.

134 Once Dilu leant across the Tan Torrent wide, 
And when defeat did Sun Quan of Wu betide, 
And death came threateningly at Xiaoyao Ford, 
His steed too leapt, and saved him from the sword.

135 Having reached the farther shore, Sun Quan embarked on one of the boats of Xu Sheng and Dong Xi and was rowed to a place of safety, while Ling Tong and Gu Li were still fighting with Zhang Liao's army. Gan Ning and Lu Meng, coming to their aid, were pursued by Yue Jing, and Li Dian also stayed their progress. But the soldiers of the South Land fought bravely; half of their force fell, and Ling Tong's troop of three hundred horse perished all, while Ling Tong himself was wounded, but found his way to the bridge. Finding it destroyed, he fled along the stream. Presently he was seen by Sun Quan from the boat and taken on board by Dong Xi. Gan Ning and Lu Meng also cut their ways back to the southern shore.

136 The terrible slaughter at this battle put such fear into the minds of the people of the South Land that the name of Zhang Liao kept the very children quiet at night.

137 When Sun Quan reached his camp, he richly rewarded Ling Tong and Gu Li. Then he led his army back to Ruxu and began to put his ships in order so that the army and navy might act in unison. He also sent home for reinforcements.

138 Zhang Liao reflected that he had insufficient force to meet another attack if it should be supported by the navy of the South Land, so he sent Xue Ti through the night to carry an urgent message to his master in Hanzhong. When the messenger arrived, Cao Cao saw that his western expedition would have to yield to the urgency of home defense. However, he called in his counselors and put a direct question to them.

139 "Can we take West River Land now, or not?"

140 "Shu is too well prepared; we cannot," replied Liu Ye. "It is better to go to the succor of Hefei, and then go down the river to take the South Land."

141 Wherefore, leaving Xiahou Yuan to station at the Dingjun Mountain to guard Hanzhong, and Zhang He to keep Mount Mengtou Pass, Cao Cao broke up his camp and went toward Ruxu with all his commanders.

142 The armored horsemen had conquered Hanzhong, 
The ensigns toward the south were turned again.

143 The subsequent course of the war will be unfolded in later chapters.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,