삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 068-04 도사 좌자

建安二十一年,夏五月,群臣表奏獻帝,頌魏公曹操功德,極天際地,伊周莫及,宜進爵為王。獻帝即令鍾繇草詔,冊立曹操為魏王。曹操假意上書三辭。詔三報不許,操乃拜命受魏王之爵,冕十二旒,乘金根車,駕六馬,用天子車服鑾儀,出警入蹕,於鄴郡蓋魏王宮,議立世子。操大妻丁夫人無出。妾劉氏生子曹昂,因征張繡時死於宛城。卞氏所生四子:長曰丕,次曰彰,三曰植,四曰熊。

於是黜丁夫人而立卞氏為魏王妃。第三子曹植,字子建,極聰明,舉筆成章,操欲立之為後嗣。長子曹丕,恐不得立,乃問計於中大夫賈詡。詡教如此如此。自是但凡操出征,諸子送行,曹植乃稱述功德,發言成章;惟曹丕辭父,只是流涕而拜,左右皆感傷。於是操疑植乖巧,誠心不及丕也。丕又使人買囑近侍,皆言丕之德。操欲立後嗣,躊躇不定,乃問賈詡曰:「孤欲立後嗣,當立誰﹖」賈詡不答,操問其故。詡曰:「正有所思,故不能即答耳。」操曰:「何有思﹖」詡對曰:「思袁本初,劉景升父子也。」

操大笑,遂立長子曹丕為王世子。冬十月,魏王宮成,差人住各處收取奇花異果,栽植後苑。有使者到吳地,見了孫權,傳魏王令旨,再往溫州取柑子。時孫權正尊讓魏王,便令人於本城選了大柑子四十餘擔,星夜送往鄴郡。至中途,挑擔役夫疲困,歇於山腳下,見一先生,眇一眼,跛一足,頭戴白藤冠,身穿青懶衣,來與腳夫作禮,言曰:「你等挑擔勞苦,貧道都替你挑一肩,何如﹖」

眾人大喜。於是先生每擔各挑五里。但是先挑過的擔兒都輕了。眾皆驚疑。先生臨去,與領柑子官說:「貧道乃魏王鄉中故人;姓左,名慈,字元放,道號烏角先生。如你到鄴郡,可說左慈申意。」遂拂袖而去。

取柑人至鄴郡見操,呈上柑子。操親剖之,但只空殼,內並無肉。操大驚,問取柑人。取柑人以左慈之事對。操未肯信。門吏忽報:「有一先生,自稱左慈,求見大王。」操召入。取柑人曰:「此正途中所見之人。」操叱之曰:「汝以何妖術,攝吾佳果﹖」慈笑曰:「豈有此事﹖」取柑剖之,內皆有肉,其味甚甜。但操自剖者,皆空殼。

操愈驚,乃賜左慈坐而問之。慈索酒肉,操令與之,飲酒五斗不醉,肉食全羊不飽。操問曰:「汝有何術,以至於此﹖」慈曰:「貧道於西川,嘉陵,峨嵋山中,學道三十年,忽聞石壁中有聲呼我之名;及視則又不見。如此者數日,忽有天雷震碎石壁,得天書三卷,名曰『遁甲天書』。上卷名『天循』,中卷名『地循』,下卷名『人遁』。天循能騰雲跨風,飛升太虛;地循能穿山透石;人遁能雲游四海,藏形變身,飛劍擲刀,取人首級。大王位極人臣,何不退步,跟貧道往峨嵋山中修行﹖當以三卷天書相綬。」操曰:「我亦久思急流勇退,奈朝廷未得其人耳。」慈笑曰:「益州劉玄德乃帝室之冑,何不讓此位與之﹖不然,貧道當飛劍取汝之頭也。」操大怒曰:「此正是劉備細作!」喝左右拏下。慈大笑不止。操令十數獄卒,捉下拷之。獄卒著力痛打,看左慈時,卻齁齁熟睡,全無痛楚。操怒,命取大枷,鐵釘釘了,鐵鎖鎖了,送入牢中監收,令人看守。只見枷鎖盡落,左慈臥於地上,並無傷損。連監禁七日,不與飲食。及看時,慈端坐於地上,面皮轉紅。獄卒報知曹操,操取出問之。慈曰:「我數十年不食,亦不妨;日食千羊,亦能盡。」操無可奈何。

74 In the twenty-first year of Rebuilt Tranquillity (216), in the fifth month of that year, a great memorial signed by many officers went up to Emperor Xian, praying:

75 "The Duke of Wei has rendered so great services that no minister before him, in Heaven as well as on Earth, not even Yi Yin and the Duke of Zhou, could match his manifest merits to the state. Thus, the title of kingship should be granted to him."

76 The memorial was approved, and a draft edict was prepared by the famous Zhong Yao to make Cao Cao Prince of Wei. Thrice Cao Cao with seeming modesty pretended to decline the honor, but thrice was his refusal rejected. Finally he made his obeisance and was enrolled as Prince of Wei with the usual insignia and privileges, a coronet with twelve strings of beads and a chariot with gilt shafts, drawn by six steeds. Using the formalities of the Son of God, he decorated his imperial chariot with bells and had the roads cleared when he passed along. He built himself a Palace at Yejun.

77 Then he began to discuss the appointment of an heir-apparent. His principal wife, Lady Ding, was without issue; but a concubine, Lady Liu, had borne him a son, Cao Ang, who had been killed in battle at the siege of Wancheng when Cao Cao fought against Zhang Xiu. A second concubine, Lady Bian, had borne him four sons: Cao Pi, Cao Zhang, Cao Zhi, and Cao Xiong. Wherefore he elevated Lady Bian to the rank of Queen of Wei in place of Lady Ding.

78 The third son, Cao Zhi, was very clever and a ready master of composition. Cao Cao wished him to be named the heir.

79 Then the eldest son, Cao Pi sought from the High Adviser Jia Xu a plan to secure his rights of primogeniture, and Jia Xu told him to do so and so. Thereafter, whenever the father went out on any military expedition, Cao Zhi wrote fulsome panegyrics, but Cao Pi wept so copiously at bidding his father farewell that the courtiers were deeply affected and remarked that though Cao Zhi was crafty and clever, he was not so sincerely filial as Cao Pi. Cao Pi also bought over his father's immediate attendants, who then rang the praises of his virtues so loud that Cao Cao was strongly disposed to name him as the heir after all.

80 After hesitating a long time, the matter was referred to Jia Xu.

81 "I wish to name my heir. Who shall it be?" said Cao Cao.

82 Jia Xu would not say, and Cao Cao asked why.

83 "I was just recalling the past in my mind and could not reply at once," said Jia Xu.

84 "What were you recalling?"

85 "I was thinking of two fathers, Yuan Shao and Liu Biao, and their sons."

86 Cao Cao laughed. Soon after this he declared his eldest son his heir.

87 In the winter of that year, in the tenth month, the building of the Palace of the new Prince of Wei was completed, and the furnishing begun. From all parts were collected rare flowers and uncommon trees to beautify the gardens. One agent went into the South Land and saw Sun Quan, to whom he presented a letter from Cao Cao asking that he might be allowed to proceed to Wenzhou to get some oranges. At that period Sun Quan was in a most complaisant mood toward Cao Cao, so from the orange trees in his own city, he picked forty loads of very fine fruits and sent them immediately to Yejun.

88 On the way, the bearers of the oranges fell tired, and they had to stop at the foot of a certain hill. There came along an elderly man, blind of one eye and lame of one leg, who wore a white rattan headdress and a black loose robe. He saluted the bearers and stayed to talk.

89 Presently he said, "Your burdens are heavy, O Porters. May this old Daoist lend you a shoulder? What do you say?"

90 Naturally they were pleased enough, and the amiable wayfarer bore each load for two miles. When they resumed their burdens, they noticed that the loads seemed lighter than before, and they felt rather suspicious.

91 When the Daoist was taking his leave of the officer in charge of the party, he said, "I am an old friend from the same village as the Prince of Wei. My name is Zuo Ci. Among Daoists I bear the appellation of 'Black Horn'. When you get to the end of your journey, you may say that I was inquiring after your lord."

92 Zuo Ci shook down his sleeves and left. In due course the orange bearers reached the new Palace, and the oranges were presented. But when Cao Cao cut one open, it was but an empty shell of a thing: There was no pulp beneath the rind. Cao Cao was rather puzzled and called in the porters, who told him of their falling in with the mysterious Daoist on the way. But Cao Cao scouted the idea of that being the reason.

93 But just then the warden of the gate sent to say that a certain Daoist named Zuo Ci was at the gate and wished to see the king.

94 "Send him in," said Cao Cao.

95 "He is the man we met on the way," said the porters when he appeared.

96 Cao Cao said curtly, "What sorcery have you been exercising on my beautiful fruit?"

97 "How could such a thing happen?" said the Daoist.

98 Thereupon he cut open an orange and showed it full of pulp, most delicious to the taste. But when Cao Cao cut open another, that again was empty, nothing but rind.

99 Cao Cao was more than ever perplexed. He bade his visitor be seated, and, as Zuo Ci asked for refreshment, wine and food were brought in. The Daoist ate ravenously, consuming a whole sheep, and drank in proportion. Yet he showed no sign of intoxication or repletion.

100 "By what magic are you here?" said Cao Cao.

101 "I am but a poor Daoist. I went into Jialing in Shu, and on Emei Mountain, I studied the way for thirty long years. One day I heard my name called from out the rocky wall of my cell. I looked, but could see nothing. The same thing happened next day, and so on for many days. Then suddenly, with a roar like thunder, the rock split asunder, and I saw a sacred book in three volumes called 'The Book of Concealing Method'---the first volume was named 'Concealing Heaven', the second 'Concealing Earth', and the third 'Concealing Human'. From the first volume I learned to ascend to the clouds astride the wind, to sail up into the great void itself; from the second to pass through mountains and penetrate rocks; from the third, to float light as vapor, over the seas, to become invisible at will or change my shape, to fling swords and project daggers so as to decapitate a man from a distance. You, O Prince, have reached the acme of glory. Why not now withdraw and, like me, become a disciple of the Daoists? Why not travel to Emei Mountain and there mend your ways so that I may bequeath my three volumes to you ?"

102 "Oft have I reflected upon this course and struggled against my fate, but what can I do? There is no one to maintain the government," replied Cao Cao.

103 "There is Liu Bei of Yizhou, a scion of the dynastic family. Could you not make way for him? If you do not, I may have to send one of my flying swords after your head one day."

104 "You are one of his secret agents," said Cao Cao, suddenly enraged. "Seize him!" cried he to his lictors.

105 They did so, while the Daoist laughed. And Zuo Ci continued to laugh as they dragged him down to the dungeons, where they beat him cruelly. And when they had finished, the Daoist lay there gently respiring in a sound sleep, just as if he felt nothing whatever.

106 This enraged Cao Cao still more, and he bade them put the priest into the large wooden collar and nail it securely and then chain him in a cell. And Cao Cao set guards over him, and the guards saw the collar and chains just fall off while the victim lay fast asleep not injured in the least.

107 The Daoist lay in prison seven days without food or water. But when they went to look at him, he was sitting upright on the ground, quite well and rosy looking.

108 The gaolers reported these things to Cao Cao, who had the prisoner brought in.

109 "I do not mind going without food for years," said the victim, when Cao Cao questioned him, "yet I could eat a thousand sheep in a day."

110 Cao Cao was at the end of his resources. He could prevail nothing against such a man.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,