삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 069-03 점쟁이 관로

操欲封輅為太吏。輅曰:「命薄相窮,不稱此職,不敢受也。」操問其故。答曰;「輅額無主骨,眼無守睛;鼻無梁柱,腳無天根;背無三甲,腹無三壬。只可泰山治鬼,不能治生人也。」操曰:「汝相吾若何﹖」輅曰:「位極人臣,又何必相﹖」再三問之,輅但笑而不答。操令輅遍相文武官僚。輅曰:「皆治世之臣也。」操問休咎,皆不肯盡言。後人有詩讚管輅曰:

平明神卜管公明,能算南辰北斗星。
八卦幽微通鬼竅,六爻玄奧究天庭。
預知相法應無壽,自覺心源極有靈。
可惜當年奇異術,後人無復授遺經。

操令卜東吳,西蜀二處。輅設卦云:「東吳主亡一大將,西蜀有兵犯界。」操不信。忽合淝報來:「東吳陸口守將魯肅身故。」操大驚,便差人往漢中探聽消息。不數日,飛報:「劉玄德遣張飛,馬超屯兵下辦取關。」操大怒,便欲自領兵再入漢中,令管輅卜之,輅曰:「大王未可妄動。來春許都必有火災。」

操見輅言累驗,故不敢輕動,留居鄴郡,使曹洪領兵五萬,往助夏侯淵,張郃同守東川;又差夏侯惇領兵三萬,於許都來往巡警,以備不虞;又教長史王必總督御林軍馬。主簿司馬懿曰:「王必嗜酒性寬,恐不堪任此職。」操曰:「王必是孤披荊棘歷艱難時相隨之人,忠而且勤,心如鐵石,最足相當。」遂委王必領御林軍馬屯於許都東華門外。時有一人姓耿,名紀,字季行,洛陽人也;舊為丞相府掾,後遷侍中少府,與司直韋晃甚厚;見曹操進封王爵,出入用天子車服,心甚不平。建安二十三年春正月,耿紀與韋晃密議曰:「操賊奸惡日甚,將來必為篡逆之事。吾等為漢臣,豈可同惡相濟﹖」韋晃曰:「吾有心復人,姓金,名褘,乃漢相金日磾之後,素有討操之心;更兼與王必甚厚。若得得同謀,大事濟矣。」耿紀曰:「他既與王必交厚。豈肯與我同謀乎﹖」韋晃曰:「且往說之,看是如何。」

於是二人同至金褘宅中。褘接入後堂,坐定。晃曰:「德偉與王長史甚厚,吾三人特來告求。」褘曰:「所求何事﹖」晃曰:「吾聞魏王早晚受禪,將登大寶,公與王長史必高遷。望不相棄,曲賜提攜,感德非淺!」褘拂袖而起。適從者奉茶至,便將茶潑於地上。晃佯驚曰:「德偉故人,何薄情也﹖」褘曰:「吾與汝交厚,為汝等是漢朝臣宰之後;今不思報本,欲輔造反之人,吾有何面目與汝為友!」耿紀曰:「奈天數如此,不得不然耳!」

褘大怒。耿紀,韋晃,見褘果有忠義之心,乃以實情相告曰:「吾等本欲討賊,求足下。前言特相試耳。」褘曰:「吾累世漢臣,安能從賊?公等欲扶漢室,有何高見﹖」晃曰:「雖有報國之心,未有討賊之計。」褘曰:「吾欲裏應外合,殺了王必,奪其兵權,扶助鑾輿,更結劉皇叔為外援,操賊可滅矣。」

48 Cao Cao was pleased and would like to keep such a man near him, so he offered him the post of Historiographer (who was also soothsayer) at his court, but it was declined.

49 "My destiny is mean, my luck despicable. I am not equal to such an office and dare not undertake it," said Guan Lu.

50 "Why not?" said Cao Cao.

51 "My forehead has no lofty fullness; my eyes no steady expression; my nose no bridge; my feet no round, solid heels; my back lacks the triple armor (of shoulder blades and intervening muscles); and my breast the three marks (like the character indicating wealth). I can only control evil spirits securely; I cannot rule living humans."

52 "What think you of my physiognomy?"

53 "What can a minister of extremely exalted rank like yourself desire further?" said Guan Lu.

54 Cao Cao pressed him to say. The soothsayer only laughed. Then Cao Cao asked him to look at the many officers of all kinds standing around.

55 "Everyone of them is a servant equal to the administration of the empire," said Guan Lu.

56 But when Cao Cao asked whether good or bad fortune was to be his, the soothsayer would not give a clear and full reply.

57 A poem says:

58 Guan Lu was a seer of old. 
Stars to him their secrets told. 
Mysteries, occult and dim, 
Were as daylight unto him. 
His so subtle intellect 
Could the shade of death detect, 
But the secrets of his skill 
Died with him,---are secrets still.

59 Again Cao Cao asked him to divine concerning his rivals Wu and Shu.

60 Guan Lu said, "The south just lost a famous leader, and the west is encroaching on your territory."

61 Cao Cao's doubts as to the accuracy of one of these events were soon set at rest, for a messenger came from Hefei to report: "Lu Su, the Commander-in-Chief of the South Land, has died in Lukou."

62 Then Cao Cao sent hurriedly into Hanzhong, and the scout returned to report: "Zhang Fei and Ma Chao have taken the Xiabian Pass and are threatening Hanzhong."

63 Cao Cao was angry and inclined to march at once against the invaders. But he consulted the great soothsayer, who advised him not to move.

64 "Do not act in haste. In the coming spring there will be a conflagration in Xuchang," said Guan Lu.

65 Having been witness of the verification of Guan Lu's words, Cao Cao was in no mood to neglect the warning. He stayed on in his palace, but he sent Cao Hong with fifty thousand troops to assist in the defense of East River Land, while Xiahou Dun, with thirty thousand troops, went to Xuchang to keep careful watch and be ready against any surprises. He placed High Minister Wang Bi in command of the Imperial Guard.

66 Sima Yi warned Cao Cao against this Wang Bi, saying, "The man is given to wine, and slack. He is not a fit person for such a post."

67 Cao Cao replied, "He is very fit. He has followed me through all difficulties and dangers. He is loyal and diligent, solid as stone or iron."

68 Wang Bi was appointed and led the guard into camp at the capital, outside the East Gate of the Imperial Palace.

69 Now there was a certain Geng Ji, a Luoyang man, who had long been employed in the Prime Minister's palace in a subordinate capacity and afterward had been promoted to a post of Minister. He and Minister Wei Huang were close friends.

70 These two were greatly distressed at Cao Cao's advance to princely rank, and more especially at his use of the imperial chariots. In the early months of the twenty-third year (AD 218), Geng Ji and Wei Huang came to a secret exchange of views on Cao Cao's conduct.

71 Geng Ji said, "The man is rebellious and wicked, every day behaving worse. He intends to go farther, and how can we, as servants of the dynasty, help him in his wickedness?"

72 Wei Huang said, "I have a friend named Jin Yi, who also is a servant of Han and an enemy of Cao Cao's. He is a descendant of the old Great Minister Jin Midi. Beside, he is friendly with Wang Bi. If we all tried our best, we ought to succeed."

73 "But if he is friendly with Wang Bi, he will not assist us!" said Geng Ji.

74 "Let us go and sound him," said Wei Huang.

75 So the two went to see Jin Yi, who received them in his private rooms. There they talked.

76 Said Wei Huang, "O virtuous Jin Yi, we know you are on most friendly terms with Commander Wang Bi, and so have come to beg a favor."

77 "What is it you ask?"

78 "The Prince of Wei will soon receive the abdication of the Emperor and himself ascend to the seat of the mighty. Then you and your friend Wang Bi will advance to places of great honor. When that day comes, we pray you not forget us, but recommend us for employment. We should feel no shallow gratitude for your kindness."

79 Jin Yi flicked down his sleeves and arose looking very angry. At that instant arrived the tea for the visitors. He snatched it away from the serving man and emptied it on the floor.

80 Wei Huang started up in feigned alarm.

81 "How have I offended you, my good friend?" cried he.

82 "I have been friends with you because you are descendants of people who have served the Hans faithfully. Now, instead of trying to repay the debt of gratitude you ought to feel, you turn aside to assist one who is their enemy, think you that I can regard you as friends? How could I look the world in the face?"

83 "But if it be destiny, one cannot help it," said Geng Ji. "One must accept it."

84 Jin Yi grew still more angry, so that the two visitors were convinced that at heart he was loyal to the dynasty. Then they began to tell him the true state of the case.

85 Said they, "Our real desire is to destroy this rebel, and we have come to ask your help in that. What we said at first was only a test to find out what you thought."

86 "Think you, with my ancestry, generation after generation in the confidence and service of the Hans, that I would willingly follow a rebel? If you, Sirs, really think of restoring the dynasty, pray tell me your plans."

87 "Though we have the desire to prove our gratitude, yet we lack the means to destroy the enemy," said Wei Huang.

88 Said Jin Yi, "We desire helpers within and supporters without. If we could slay Wang Bi, we could use his name and troops to help the Emperor. With the help of Liu Bei, the Imperial Uncle, we should be able to destroy the rebel Cao Cao."

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,