삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 070-03 장비와 황충의 계책

洪見張郃只剩十餘人,大怒曰:「吾教汝休去,汝取下文狀要去;今日折盡大兵,尚不自死,還來做甚!」喝令左右推出斬之。行軍司馬郭淮諫曰:「『三軍易得,一將難求』張郃雖然有罪,乃魏王所深愛者也,不可便誅。可再與五千兵逕取葭萌關,牽動其各處之兵,漢中自安矣。如不成功,二罪俱罰。」曹洪從之,又與兵五千,教張郃取葭萌關。郃領命而去。

卻說葭萌關守將孟達,霍峻,知張郃兵來。霍峻只要堅守,孟達定要迎敵。引軍下關與張郃交鋒,大敗而回。霍峻急申文書到成都。玄德聞知,請軍師商議。孔明聚眾將於堂上,問曰:「今葭萌關緊急,必須閬中取翼德,方可退張郃也。」法正曰:「今翼德兵屯瓦口,鎮守閬中,亦是緊要之地,不可取回。帳中諸將內,選一人去破張郃。」孔明笑曰:「張郃乃魏之名將,非等閒可及。除非翼德,無人可當。」忽一人厲聲而出曰:「軍師何輕視眾人耶﹖吾雖不才,願斬張郃首級,獻於麾下。」

眾視之,乃老將黃忠也。孔明曰:「漢升雖勇,爭奈年老,恐非張郃對手,」忠聽了,白鬚倒豎而言曰:「某雖老,兩臂尚開三石之弓,渾身還有千斤之力;豈不足敵張郃匹夫耶﹖」孔明曰:「將軍年近七十,如何不老﹖」忠趨步下堂,取架上大刀,輪動如飛;壁上硬弓,連拽折兩張。孔明曰:「將軍要去,誰為副將﹖」忠曰:「老將嚴顏,可同我去。但有疏虞,先納下這白頭。」玄德大喜,即時令黃忠,嚴顏,去與張郃交戰。趙雲諫曰:「今張郃親犯葭萌關,軍師休為兒戲。若葭萌關一失,益州危矣。何故以二老將當此大敵乎﹖」孔明曰:「汝以二人老邁,不能成事,吾料漢中必於此二人手內可得。」趙雲等各各晒笑而退。

卻說黃忠,嚴顏到關上,孟達,霍峻見了,心中亦笑孔明欠調度:「是這般緊要去處,如何只教兩個老的來!」黃忠謂嚴顏曰:「你見諸人動靜麼﹖他笑我二人年老,今可立奇功,以服眾心。」嚴顏曰:「願聽將軍之令。」

兩個商議定了,黃忠引軍下關,與張郃對陣:張郃出馬,見了黃忠,笑曰:「你許大年紀,猶不識羞,尚欲出戰耶!」忠怒曰:「豎子欺我年老!吾手中寶刀卻不老!」遂拍馬向前與郃決戰。二馬相交,約戰二十餘合,忽然背後喊聲起。原來是嚴顏從小路抄在張郃軍後。兩軍夾攻,張郃大敗。連夜趕去,張郃兵退八九十里。黃忠,嚴顏,收兵入寨,俱各按兵不動。曹洪聽知張郃輪了一陣,又欲見罪。郭淮曰:「張郃被逼,必投西蜀;今可遣將助之,就近監督,使不生外心。」

45 "I told you not to go, but you were willful. And you gave in your written pledge. You have lost all your soldiers, yet you do not commit suicide. What will you do next?"

46 Cao Hong ordered the lictors to put Zhang He to death. But Marching General Guo Huai, interceded.

47 "An army is easily raised; a leader is hard to find. Though Zhang He is guilty, he is a great favorite with our prince. I think you should spare him. Rather give him command of another army and send him to take Jiameng Pass and so hold up the soldiers at all the stations. Hanzhong will be tranquil of its own accord. If he fails a second time, you can punish him for both faults."

48 Cao Hong was satisfied to do this, and instead of dealing with his fault, he gave Zhang He five thousand troops and told him to take Jiameng Pass.

49 The Commanders of the Pass were Meng Da and Huo Jun. They were at variance---Meng Da desiring to go out to meet Zhang He, but Huo Jun being in favor of defense. Meng Da being set on having his way went out, gave battle, and was defeated. Huo Jun reported this to the capital, where Liu Bei at once called in the Directing Instructor to ask advice. Zhuge Liang assembled all the chief generals into the hall.

50 "Jiameng Pass is in danger. We must get Zhang Fei from Langzhong to drive off Zhang He," said Zhuge Liang.

51 Fa Zheng replied, "Zhang Fei is encamped at Wakou Pass, and Langzhong is no less important than Jiameng Pass. I do not think he should be recalled. Choose one among the generals to go and defeat Zhang He."

52 Zhuge Liang laughed, "Zhang He is renowned in Wei. No ordinary leader will avail. Zhang Fei is the only man to send, the only one equal to the task."

53 Then among the generals one started up crying angrily, "Instructor, why do you thus despise us? I will use what little skill I have in slaying our enemy and will lay his head at the foot of our standard."

54 The speaker was Veteran General Huang Zhong, and all eyes centered on him.

55 "Friend Huang Zhong, you are bold enough, but what about your age? I fear you are no match for Zhang He."

56 Huang Zhong's white beard bristled, and he said, "I know I am old. But these two arms can still pull the four-hundred-fifty-pound bow, and the vigor of my body is not yet departed. Am I not strong enough to meet such a poor thing as Zhang He?"

57 "General, you are nearly seventy. Can you still hold you are not aged?"

58 Huang Zhong tore down the hall. Seizing one of the great swords off the rack, he whirled it as if it flew. And the stiffest bow that hung on the wall, he pulled till it snapped.

59 "Well, if you will go, who will second you?" said Zhuge Liang.

60 "I would prefer Veteran General Yan Yan. And if there is the least anxiety, well, here is this hoary head."

61 Liu Bei was pleased to let these two go to fight Zhang He. However, Zhao Zilong put in a protest.

62 "Zhang He has already got through Jiameng Pass, so that the fighting will be no child's play, and the loss of that Pass endangers the whole of Yizhou. It is no task to set to a couple of old men."

63 Replied Zhuge Liang, "You regard the two as too old to succeed, but I think the attainment of Hanzhong depends upon these two."

64 Zhao Zilong and many others sniggered as they went from the hall. They did not agree with Zhuge Liang.

65 In due course the two Veteran Generals arrived at the Pass.

66 At sight of them, Meng Da and Huo Jun, the defenders of the Pass, laughed in their hearts, thinking: "Zhuge Liang has slipped up in his calculations in sending such a pair of dotards on such an important mission."

67 Huang Zhong said to Yan Yan, "You see the behavior of these people? They are laughing at us because we are old. Now we will do something that will win admiration from all the world."

68 "I should be glad to hear your orders," replied Yan Yan.

69 The two generals came to a decision how to act. Huang Zhong led his army down below to meet Zhang He in the open plain. Both drew up their array. When Zhang He rode out and saw his venerable opponent, he laughed in his face.

70 "You must be very old, and yet you are unashamed to go into the battle, eh?" said Zhang He.

71 "You menial!" replied the veteran. "Do you despise me for my age? You will find my good sword, however, keen enough."

72 So he urged forward his steed and rode at Zhang He. The two chargers met and a score of bouts were fought. Then suddenly a great shouting came from the rear. Yan Yan had come up and fallen upon the rear portion of Zhang He's army. Thus attacked on two sides, Zhang He was defeated. The pursuit did not cease with nightfall, and Zhang He was driven back near thirty miles. Contented with this success, Huang Zhong and Yan Yan went into their camp, where they rested their soldiers for a time.

73 When Cao Hong heard of Zhang He's new defeat, he was going to exact the penalty. But Guo Huai persuaded him to forbear.

74 "If he is pressed too hard, he may take refuge in Shu," said Guo Huai. "Rather send him help. You will thus keep a hold over him and prevent his desertion."

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,