삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 070-04 장비와 황충의 계책

曹洪從之,即遣夏侯惇之姪夏侯尚,並降將韓玄之弟韓浩,二人引五千兵,前來助戰。二將即時起行,到張郃寨中,問及軍情。郃言:「老將黃忠,甚是英雄;更有嚴顏相助,不可輕敵。」韓浩曰:「我在長沙知此老賊利害。他和魏延獻了城池,害吾親兄,今既相遇,必當報讎。」遂與夏侯尚,引新軍離寨前進。

原來黃忠連日哨探,已知路徑。嚴顏曰:「此去有山名天蕩山。山中乃曹操屯糧積草之地。若取得那個去處,斷其糧草,漢中可得也。」忠曰:「將軍之言,正合吾意。可與吾如此如此。」嚴顏依計,自領一枝軍去了。

卻說黃忠聽知夏侯尚,韓浩來,遂引軍馬出營。韓浩在陣前,大罵黃忠:「無義老賊!」拍馬挺槍,來取黃忠。夏侯尚便出夾攻。黃忠力戰二將,各鬥十餘合,黃忠敗走。二將趕二十餘里,奪了黃忠營寨。忠又草創一營。次日,夏侯尚,韓浩趕來,忠又出陣,戰數合,又敗走,二將又趕二十里,奪了黃忠營寨,喚張郃守後寨。郃來前寨諫曰:「黃忠連退二日,於中必有詭計。」夏侯尚叱張郃曰:「你如此膽怯,可知屢次戰敗!今再休多言,看吾二人建功!」

張郃羞赧而退。次日,二將又戰,黃忠又敗退二十餘里;二將迤邐趕上。次日,二將兵出,黃忠望風而走,連敗數陣,直退在關上。二將扣關下寨,黃忠堅守不出。孟達暗暗發書,申報玄德,說「黃忠連敗數陣,今退在關上」玄德慌問孔明。孔明曰:「此乃老將驕兵之計也。」
趙雲等不信。玄德差劉封來關上接應黃忠。忠與封相見,問劉封曰:「小將軍來助戰何意﹖」封曰:「父親得知將軍數敗,故差某來。」忠笑曰:「此老夫驕兵之計也。看今夜一陣,可盡復諸營,奪其糧食馬匹,此是借寨與彼屯輜重耳。今夜留霍峻守關,孟將軍可與我搬糧草奪馬匹。小將軍看我破敵。」

是夜二更,忠引五千軍開關直下。原來夏侯尚,韓浩二將, 連日見關上不出,盡皆懈怠;被黃忠破寨直入,人不及甲,馬不及鞍,二將各自逃命而走,軍馬自相踐踏,死者無數。比及天明,連奪三寨。寨中丟下軍器鞍馬無數,盡教孟達搬運入關。黃忠催軍馬隨後而進。劉封曰:「軍士力困,可以暫歇。」忠曰:「『不入虎穴,焉得虎子﹖』」策馬先進,士卒皆努力向前張。郃軍,兵反被自家敗兵衝動,都屯紮不住望後而走,盡棄了許多柵寨,直奔至漢水傍。

張郃尋見夏侯尚、韓浩。議曰:「此天蕩山,乃糧草之所;更接米倉山,亦屯糧之地;是漢中軍士養命之源。倘若疏失,是無漢中也。當思所以保之。」夏侯尚曰:「米倉山有吾叔夏侯淵分兵守護,那裡正接定軍山,不必憂慮。天蕩山有吾兄夏侯德鎮守,我等宜往投之,就保此山。」

75 Wherefore Xiahou Shang and Han Hao were sent with reinforcements. Xiahou Shang was a nephew of Xiahou Dun, and Han Hao was the brother of Han Xuan, the late Governor of Changsha. They had five thousand troops.

76 The two generals soon reached Zhang He, and asked how now the situation was going.

77 "That old man Huang Zhong is really a hero," said Zhang He, "and with Yan Yan's help he is very formidable."

78 "When I was at Changsha, I heard the old man was very fierce. He and Wei Yan yielded the city to Liu Bei and killed my own brother. Now that I shall meet him, I can have my revenge," said Han Hao.

79 So he and Xiahou Shang led out the new army.

80 Now, by means of spies Huang Zhong had got a thorough knowledge of the country.

81 Yan Yan said, "Hereabout there is a mountain named Tiandang Mountain wherein Cao Hong has stored his supplies. If we can gain its possession, we shall reduce the enemy to want and we shall get Hanzhong."

82 Huang Zhong replied, "I think so, too, and so let us do so and so."

83 Yan Yan agreed with him and marched off with a body of troops to carry out his part in the stratagem.

84 At news of the coming of new armies, Huang Zhong marched out to meet them. He found Han Hao in front of his array, and Han Hao began to abuse the veteran, shouting out, "Disgraceful old ruffian!"

85 Then Han Hao whipped up his steed and set his spear at Huang Zhong. Xiahou Shang also rode out and took part in the combat. The veteran held them both at bay for some half score bouts and then fled. They pursued him for seven miles, when they reached and seized his camp. Huang Zhong, however, quickly made another defense of brushwood. Next day Xiahou Shang and Han Hao renewed the pursuit, which ended with the capture of the temporary camp of the day before. And they had advanced seven miles further. Then they called upon Zhang He to protect the rear camp. When Zhang He came up, he dissuaded them from continuing.

86 "Huang Zhong has retreated before you for two days. There is some deep stratagem behind this," said Zhang He.

87 Xiahou Shang scoffed at him, saying, "You are such a coward that you have been defeated many times. Now say no more, but let us accomplish something."

88 Zhang He retired much mortified and shamed. Next day the two generals again went out to battle, and again Huang Zhong fled from them for seven miles. The two generals pursued as quickly as they could. The day after, Huang Zhong fled without any pretense of showing fight, except at short intervals. He got to Jiameng Pass and went on the defensive. The pursuers knocked at the very gate of the Pass and made a camp close by.

89 Then Meng Da secretly wrote to Liu Bei that Huang Zhong had been repeatedly defeated and now was in the Pass and unable to go out.

90 Liu Bei became alarmed and consulted Zhuge Liang, who said, "The old general is making the enemy over-confident---to their ultimate destruction."

91 But Zhao Zilong did not share this opinion, nor did many others, and Liu Bei decided to send Liu Feng to reinforce his aged general.

92 The young man came to the Pass and saw Huang Zhong, who asked him, "General, what makes you come here?"

93 "My father heard that you have sustained several defeats, and he has sent me," said Liu Feng.

94 "But I am only employing the ruse of leading on the enemy," said Huang Zhong, smiling. "You will see tonight that in one battle I shall regain all the camps and capture their supplies and many horses. I have only lent the camps to them to store their supplies. Tonight I shall leave Huo Jun to guard the Pass, while General Meng Da will gather up the spoils for us. Now, young Sir, you shall see the destruction of the enemy."

95 That same night, at the second watch, Huang Zhong left the Pass with five thousand troops. But now Xiahou Shang and Han Hao, seeing no move from the Pass for many days, had become careless and so their camps were unable to resist. Their troops had no time to don their armors or to saddle their horses. All the leaders did was to flee for their lives, while their troops trampled each other down and were killed in great numbers. All three camps were recovered by dawn, and in them were found all sorts of military equipment. Horses and their caparisons also fell to the victors, and all the booty was carried off by Meng Da and stored in the Pass.

96 Huang Zhong pressed on his victory. Liu Feng ventured to say, "Our soldiers need repose."

97 "Can you seize the tiger's whelps without going into the tiger's den?" cried Huang Zhong. And he urged on his steed. The soldiers also were eager.

98 Zhang He's own army was thrown into confusion by the flying men from the defeated armies, and he could not maintain his station, but was forced to retreat. They abandoned all their stockades and rushed to the bank of River Han.

99 Then Zhang He sought the two generals who had brought about the misfortune and said to them, "This is Tiandang Mountain, where our stores are. Close by is Micang Mountain. The two mountains are the very source of life of the Hanzhong army. Lose them, and Hanzhong is gone too. We must see to their security."

100 Xiahou Shang said, "My uncle, Xiahou Yuan, will look out for the defense of Micang Mountain, which is next to his station at Dingjun Mountain; there need be no anxiety about that. And my brother, Xiahou De, guards Tiandang Mountain. Let us go to him and help to protect that."

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,