삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 073-03 한중왕 현덕

操視其人,乃司馬懿也。操喜問曰:「仲達有何高見?」懿曰:「江東孫權以妹嫁劉備,而又乘間竊取回去;劉備又據占荊州不還;彼此俱有切齒之恨。今可差一舌辯之士,齎書往說孫權,使興兵取荊州,劉備必發兩川之兵來救荊州。那時大王興兵去取漢川,令劉備首尾不能相救,勢必危矣。」

操大喜,即修書令滿寵為使,星夜投江東來見孫權。權知滿寵到,遂與謀士商議。張昭進曰:「魏與吳本無讎;前因聽諸葛之說詞,致兩家連年征戰不息,生靈遭其塗炭。今滿伯寧來,必有講和之意,可以禮接之。」

權依其言,令眾謀士接滿寵入城相見。禮畢,權以賓禮待寵。寵呈上操書,曰:「吳、魏自來無讎,皆因劉備之故,致生釁隙。魏王差某到此,約將軍攻取荊州,魏王以兵臨漢川,首尾夾擊。破劉之後,共分疆土,誓不相侵。」

孫權覽書畢,設筵相待滿寵,送歸館舍安歇。權與眾謀士商議。顧壅曰:「雖是說詞,其中有理。今可一面送滿寵回,約會曹操,首尾相擊;一面使人過江探雲長動靜,方可行事。」諸葛瑾曰:「某聞雲長自到荊州,劉備娶與妻室,先生一子,次生一女。其女尚幼‧未許字人。某願往與主公世子求婚。若雲長肯許,即與雲長計議共破曹操;若雲長不肯,然後助曹取荊州。」

孫權用其謀,先送滿寵回許都;卻遣諸葛瑾為使,投荊州來。入城見雲長禮畢。雲長曰:子瑜此來何意?」謹曰:「特來求結兩家之好。吾主吳侯有一子,甚聰明。聞將軍有一女,來求親。兩家結好,併力破曹。此誠美事,請君侯思之。」雲長勃然大怒曰:「吾虎女安肯犬子乎!不看汝弟之面,力斬汝首!再休多言!」遂喚左右逐出。

瑾抱頭鼠竄,回見吳侯;不敢隱匿,遂以實告。權大怒曰:「何太無禮耶!」便喚張昭等武官員,商議取荊州之策。步騭曰:「曹操久欲篡漢,所懼者劉備也;今遣使來令吳興兵吞蜀,此嫁禍於吳也。」權曰:「孤亦欲取荊州久矣。」

騭曰:「今曹仁見屯兵於襄陽、樊城,又無長江之險,旱路可取荊州,如何不取,卻令主公動兵?只此便見其心。主公可遣使去許都見操,令曹仁旱路先起兵取荊州,雲長必掣荊州之兵而取樊城。若雲長一動,主公可遣一將,暗取荊州,一舉可得矣。」

32 Cao Cao looked at the officer. It was First Secretary Sima Yi.

33 "What is your exalted view, my friend?" said Cao Cao.

34 "Sun Quan's sister is wife to Liu Bei, but Sun Quan has found an occasion to steal away the bride. Liu Bei is in possession of Jingzhou still, and he and Sun Quan are bitter enemies. Therefore send some able speaker with a letter to Wu to persuade the Marquis to send an army to recover Jingzhou. That will draw thither all the armies of Shu, when you can send your army to Hanzhong. Liu Bei will be helpless, and his strength will be wasted."

35 The scheme pleased Cao Cao. He at once drew up a letter and sent it by the hand of Man Chong, who soon arrived in Wu. As soon as Sun Quan knew of the mission, he summoned his advisers to consult.

36 Zhang Zhao said, "Wei and Wu are primarily enemies because of the dissension fomented by the words of Zhuge Liang. We have been fighting for several years, and many lives have been lost. Now this messenger has surely come to discuss terms of friendship, and he should be welcomed."

37 On the strength of this, Man Chong was well received and conducted into the city and into the presence of Sun Quan. He presented his letters at the conclusion of the ceremonies of reception and declared his mission.

38 "Wu and Wei have no fundamental quarrel, and their dissension has been brought about by Liu Bei. My master sends me to covenant with you for an attack on Jingzhou, while he goes against Hanzhong. This double attack being successful, the conquered regions can be divided between us two, and we can both swear to respect each other's territory."

39 Having read the letter, Sun Quan prepared a banquet in honor of Man Chong and then sent him to the guest-house to rest while he discussed the matter with his council of advisers.

40 Said Gu Yong, "Although the messenger's speech was all special pleading, it was correct in form. I propose that the messenger be allowed to return and that a covenant be made with Cao Cao for joint attack. In addition, let spies be sent over the Great River to find out Guan Yu's movements, and then we may act."

41 Zhuge Jin said, "I hear that since Guan Yu has been in Jingzhou, Liu Bei has found him a wife, who has borne him a son and a daughter. The daughter is too young to have been betrothed, wherefore let me go to ask her in marriage with your heir. If Guan Yu agrees, then we can arrange with him to attack Cao Cao. If Guan Yu refuses, then let us aid Cao Cao in an attack on Jingzhou."

42 Sun Quan took this advice. So he sent Man Chong away and sent Zhuge Jin to Jingzhou to try to arrange the betrothal. Zhuge Jin was received.

43 When the time came to state the reason for his coming, Guan Yu asked him, "What have you come for, Zhuge Jin?"

44 "I have come seeking to ally the two houses. My master, the Marquis of Wu, has a son who is quite clever. Hearing that you have a daughter, General, I ask her in marriage, hereby the two houses may join in an attack on Cao Cao. This would be an admirable result, and I pray you consider the proposal."

45 But the warrior flared up.

46 "How can a tiger's daughter marry with a dog's whelp? Were it not for your brother, I would take your head. Say no more!"

47 Guan Yu called his servants to hustle forth the hapless messenger, who ran away with his hands over his head, too astonished to look anyone in the face. And reaching his own place, he dared not hide the manner of his reception, but told the whole truth.

48 "What ruffianism!" exclaimed the Marquis.

49 Thereupon Sun Quan ordered the council again to consider an attack on Jingzhou.

50 Bu Zhi rose and said, "It has been long manifest that Cao Cao wishes to usurp the Throne, but he is afraid of Liu Bei. Now we are to attack Shu with an army, and so Cao Cao wants to shift the misfortune to us indeed."

51 "But I also want the place," said Sun Quan.

52 Said Bu Zhi, "Cao Ren is already camped at Fancheng and Xiangyang and in no danger from the river. If Cao Cao can take Jingzhou by land, why does he not take it? However, he wants you, my lord, to send your army, and you can judge his real intention from this. Send to Cao Cao and tell him to make Cao Ren attack by land. Then Guan Yu must take the army from Jingzhou to Fancheng. When Guan Yu has left Jingzhou, you can send an army to seize it."

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,