삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 076-01 맥성으로 달아나는 관운장

第七十六回 徐公明大戰沔水  關雲長敗走麥城

Xu Huang Fights At The River Mian;
Guan Yu Retreats To Maicheng.

卻說糜芳聞荊州已失,正無計可施。忽報公安守將傅士仁至,芳忙接入城,問其事故。士仁曰:「吾非不忠,勢危力困,不能支持。我今已降東吳,將軍亦不如早降。」芳曰:「吾等受漢中王厚恩,安忍背之?」士仁曰:「關公去日,痛恨吾二人;倘一日得勝而回,必無輕恕。公細察之。」芳曰:「吾兄弟久事漢中王,豈可一朝相背?」正猶豫間,忽報關公遣使至,接入廳上。使者曰:「關公軍中缺糧,特來南郡、公安二處取白米十萬石,令二將軍星夜去解,軍前交割。如遲立斬。」芳大驚,顧謂傅士仁曰:「今荊州已被東吳所取,此糧怎得過去?」士仁厲聲曰:「不必多疑!」遂拔劍斬來使於堂上。芳驚曰:「公如何?」士仁曰:「關公此意,正要斬我二人。我等安可束手受死?公今不早降東吳,必被關公所殺。」

正說間,忽報呂蒙引兵殺至城下。芳大驚,乃同傅士仁出城投降。蒙大喜,引見孫權。權重賞二人。安民已畢,大犒三軍。

時曹操在許都,正與眾謀士議荊州之事,忽報東吳遣使奉書至。操召入,使者呈上書信。操拆視之,書中具言吳兵將襲荊州,求操夾攻雲長;且囑勿洩漏,使雲長有備也。操與眾謀士商議。主簿董昭曰:「今樊城被困,引頸望救,不如令人將書射入樊城,以寬軍心;且使關公知東吳將襲荊州。彼恐荊州有失,必速退兵,卻令徐晃乘勢掩殺,可獲全功。」操從其謀,一面差人催徐晃急戰;一面親統大兵,逕往雒陽之南陽陸坡駐紮,以救曹仁。

卻說徐晃正坐帳中,忽報魏王使至。晃接入問之。使曰:「今魏王引兵,已過雒陽;令將軍急戰關公,以解樊城之困。」

正說間,探馬報說:「關平屯兵在偃城,廖化屯兵在四冢。前後一十二個寨柵,連絡不絕。」晃即差副將徐商、呂建假著徐晃旗號,前赴偃城與關平交戰。晃卻自引精兵五百,循沔水去襲偃城之後。

且說關平聞徐晃自引兵至,遂提本部兵迎敵。兩陣對圓,關平出馬,與徐商交鋒,只三合,商大敗而走;呂建出戰,五六合亦敗走。平乘勝追殺二十餘里,忽報城中火起。平知中計,急勒兵回救偃城,正遇一彪軍擺開。徐晃立馬在門旗下,高叫曰:「關平賢姪,好不知死!汝荊州己被東吳奪了,猶然在此狂為!」

平大怒,縱馬掄刀,直取徐晃;不三四合,三軍喊叫,偃城中火光大起。平不敢戀戰,殺條大路,逕奔四冢寨來。廖化接著。化曰:「人言荊州已被呂蒙襲了,軍心驚慌,如之奈何?」平曰:「此必訛言也。軍士再言者斬之。」

1 The fall of Jingzhou put Mi Fang in a quandary. Before he could decide upon any course, his old colleague Fu Shiren came to see him. Fu Shiren was admitted, and when asked why he had come, he blurted out his business without beating about the bush.

2 "I am faithful enough, but I got into difficulties and danger and could not hold on, so I have surrendered to Wu. And I advise you to do the same."

3 "You and I have both fed on the bounty of the Prince of Hanzhong, and I cannot understand how you can turn against him."

4 "Guan Yu went away hating both of us intensely. Even if he comes back victorious, I do not think he will forgive us. Just think it over."

5 "My brother and I have followed the Prince these many years, and I do not like leaving him like this."

6 Mi Fang hesitated.

7 Before he could make up his mind, there came a messenger, saying, "The army in Fancheng is short of grain, and I was sent to demand white rice for the soldiers. Nanjun and Gongan are to send ten thousand carts at once. Delay will be most severely punished."

8 This sudden demand was a shock to Mi Fang.

9 "Where am I to get the rice?" said he despairingly to his friend and tempter. "Jingzhou is now in the hands of Wu."

10 "Do not dilly-dally," said Fu Shiren. Thereupon he drew his sword and slew the messenger as he stood in the hall.

11 "What have you done?" cried Mi Fang.

12 "Guan Yu wanted to slay us two and has forced me to this. Are we to fold our hands and await death? Either you give in at once and go over to Wu, or you will be put to death by Guan Yu."

13 Just then they heard that Lu Meng's troops had actually reached the city wall. Mi Fang saw that nothing could save his life but desertion, so he went out with Fu Shiren and gave in his allegiance to Lu Meng, by whom he was led to Sun Quan. Sun Quan gave both of them presents, after which he proceeded to restore order and to reward his army for their services.

14 At the time that great discussion about Jingzhou was going on in Xuchang, a messenger arrived with a letter from Sun Quan. It told the plan of attacking Jingzhou and begged Cao Cao to send an army to attack Guan Yu in the rear, enjoining the utmost secrecy.

15 Cao Cao summoned his advisers to a meeting for consultation.

16 First Secretary Dong Zhao said, "Now that Fancheng is surrounded, it would be well to shoot letter into the city to let the besieged know, so that they may not yield to depression. Then we will inform Guan Yu of the danger from the south. If Guan Yu hears that Jingzhou is threatened by Wu, he will come back to try to defend it. Then let Xu Huang take the chance to attack, and our victory will be complete."

17 Cao Cao agreed that the plan was good, and so he sent a messenger to urge Xu Huang to attack. Cao Cao himself led a large force to Yangling Slope, south of Luoyang, to rescue Cao Ren.

18 Xu Huang was sitting in his tent when they told him that a messenger from the Prince of Wei had arrived.

19 The messenger was called in and said, "The Prince has led an army to Luoyang, and he wishes you to hasten to attack Guan Yu in order to relieve Fancheng."

20 Just then the scouts came to report: "Guan Ping has encamped at Yencheng and Liao Hua at Sizhong. The enemy have built a line of twelve stockades."

21 Xu Huang ordered two of his generals---Lu Qian and Xu Shang---to Yencheng to masquerade as if he himself was in command, by showing his ensigns. Xu Huang himself, at the head of five hundred veterans, went along River Mian to attack Yencheng in the rear.

22 When Guan Ping heard of the approach of Xu Huang, he prepared his own division to meet him. When both sides were arrayed, Guan Ping rode out and engaged Xu Shang. After three encounters Xu Shang had the worst of it and fled. Then the other general, Lu Qian, went out. He fought half a dozen bouts and also ran away. Thereupon Guan Ping went in pursuit and smote the flying enemy for seven miles. But then there was an alarm of fire within Yencheng, and Guan Ping knew that he had been inveigled into the pursuit and was a victim. So he turned and set out for the city again. On his way he met a body of troops, and standing under the great standard was Xu Huang.

23 Xu Huang shouted out, "Guan Ping, my worthy nephew, it is strange that you do not recognize death when it stares you in the face. Your Jingzhou has fallen into the hands of Wu, and yet you act so madly."

24 Guan Ping, whirling his sword, just rode hard at Xu Huang, and they engaged. But after the third bout there was a tremendous shouting among the soldiers, for the flames within the city burst up higher than before. Guan Ping could not follow up his desire to continue the fight, but cut his way out and made a dash for Sizhong, where Liao Hua received him with the news of the disaster to Jingzhou.

25 "People say that Jingzhou has fallen to Lu Meng, and the news has frightened the whole army. What is to be done?" said Liao Hua.

26 "It is only a malicious rumor. Do not let it spread. If anyone repeats it, put him to death."

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,