삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 076-04 맥성으로 달아나는 관운장

且說劉封、孟達自取上庸,太守申耽率眾歸降,因此漢中王加劉封為副將軍,與孟達同守上庸。當日探知關公兵敗,二人正議間,忽報廖化至。封令請入問之。化曰:「關公兵敗,見困於麥城,被圍至急。蜀中援兵,不能旦夕即至。特令某突圍而出,來此求救。望二將軍速起上庸之兵,以救此危。倘稍遲延,公必陷矣。」封曰:「將軍且歇,容某計議。」

化乃至館驛安歇,耑候發兵。劉封謂孟達曰:「叔父被困,如之奈何?」達曰:「東吳兵精將勇;且荊州九郡,俱已屬彼,止有麥城,乃彈丸之地;又聞曹操親督大軍四五十萬,屯於摩陂;量我等山城之眾,安能敵得兩家之強兵?不可輕敵。」封曰:「吾亦知之。奈關公是吾叔父,安忍坐視而不救乎?」達笑曰:「將軍以關公為叔,恐關公未必以將軍為姪也。某聞漢中王初嗣將軍之時,關公即不悅。後漢中王登位之後,欲立後嗣,問於孔明。孔明曰:『此家事也,問關、張可矣。』漢中王遂遣人至荊州問關公。關公以將軍乃螟蛉之子,不可僭立,勸漢中王遠置將軍於上庸山城之地,以杜後患。此事人人知之,將軍豈反不知耶?何今日猶沾沾以叔姪之義,而欲冒險輕動乎?」封曰:「君言雖是,但以何詞卻之?」達曰:「但言山城初附,民心未定,不敢造次興兵,恐失所守。」

封從其言;次日請廖化至,言:「此山城初附之所,未能分兵相救。」化大驚,以頭叩地曰:「若如此,則關公休矣!」達曰:「我今即往,一杯之水,安能救一車薪之火乎?將軍速回,靜候蜀兵至可也。」化大慟告求。劉封、孟達皆拂袖而入。廖化知事不諧,尋思須告漢中王求救,遂上馬大罵出城,望成都而去。

卻說關公在麥城盼望上庸兵到,卻不見動靜;手下止有五六百人,多半帶傷;城中無糧,甚是苦楚。忽報城下一人教休放箭,有話來見君侯。公令放入,問之,乃諸葛瑾也。禮畢茶罷,瑾曰:「今奉吳侯命,特來勸諭將軍。自古道:『識時務者為俊傑。』今將軍所統漢上九郡,皆已屬他人矣;止有孤城一區,內無糧草,外無救兵,危在旦夕。將軍何不從瑾之言:歸順吳侯,復鎮荊襄,可以保全家眷。幸君侯熟思之。」

關公正色而言曰:「吾乃解良一武夫,蒙吾主以手足相待,安肯背義投敵國乎?城若破,有死而已。玉可碎而不可改其白,竹可焚而不可毀其節。身雖殞,名可垂於竹帛也。汝勿多言,速請出城。吾欲與孫權決一死戰!」瑾曰:「吳侯欲與君侯結秦、晉之好,同力破曹,共扶漢室,別無他意。君侯何執迷如是?」

言未畢,關平拔劍而前,欲斬諸葛瑾。公止之曰:「彼弟孔明在蜀,佐汝伯父,今若殺彼,傷其兄弟之情也。」遂令左右逐出諸葛瑾。瑾滿面羞慚,上馬出城,回見吳侯曰:「關公心如鐵石,不可說也。」孫權曰:「真忠臣也!似此如之奈何?」呂範曰:「某請卜其休咎。」權即令卜之。範揲蓍成象,乃「地水師卦」,更有玄武臨應,主敵人遠奔。權問呂蒙曰:「卦主敵人遠奔,卿以何策擒之?」蒙笑曰:「卦象正合某之機也。關公雖有沖天之翼,飛不出吾羅網矣!」正是:

龍游溝壑遭蝦戲,
鳳入牢籠被鳥欺。

畢竟呂蒙之計若何,且看下文分解。

96 Now, having captured Shangyong, Liu Feng and Meng Da had remained to guard it. Liu Feng had been created Governor General, and together with Meng Da, to defend that city. When they heard of the defeat of Guan Yu, they took counsel what to do. When Liao Hua came, he was admitted into the city. He told the tale of Guan Yu's straits, and asked for help.

97 Said Liao Hua, "Guan Yu is closely besieged in Maicheng. Help from the west will be a long time in coming, so I have been sent to beg your assistance. I hope you will march the Shangyong troops thither as quickly as possible, for any delay will be fatal."

98 Liu Feng replied, "Sir, go to the rest-house for a time till we can decide."

99 So Liao Hua went, and the two leaders talked over the matter.

100 Liu Feng said, "This is bad news. What is to be done?"

101 "Wu is very powerful," replied his colleague. "Now they have control over the whole region of Jingzhou, save this small clod of earth called Maicheng. Cao Cao is at hand with five hundred thousand troops, and we cannot stand against the two mighty forces. I say we must not move."

102 "I know all this. But Guan Yu is my uncle, and I cannot bear to sit still and not try to save him."

103 "So you hold him as an uncle!" said Meng Da with a smile. "Yet I do not think he holds you much as a nephew. When the Prince of Hanzhong adopted you, Guan Yu was greatly annoyed. And after the Prince had accepted his new dignity and was nominating his heir, I heard he consulted Zhuge Liang, who said the affair was one to be decided within the family and declined to advise. Then the Prince sent to ask Guan Yu's advice. Did Guan Yu name you? Not at all. You were only a son by adoption and could have no place in the succession. Further, Guan Yu advised that you be sent to a distance lest you might cause trouble. This is common knowledge, and I am surprised that you are ignorant of it. Yet today you make capital out of the relationship and are willing to run a great risk to support it."

104 "Granted that what you say is true, still what reply can we give?"

105 "Simply say that this city is still unsettled, and you dare not move lest it be lost."

106 Liu Feng took his colleague's view, sent for the messenger and told him. Liao Hua was greatly disappointed. He threw himself on the ground and knocked his head, imploring assistance.

107 "If you act thus, there is an end of Guan Yu!" cried Liao Hua.

108 "Will a cup of water extinguish a wagon load of blazing wood?" said Meng Da. "Hasten back and await patiently for the coming of help from the west."

109 Liao Hua renewed his entreaties. The two commanders simply rose, shook out their sleeves, and left him. Liao Hua saw that things had gone against him and thought his best course would be to go at once to Chengdu. He rode out of the city cursing its defenders and went away west.

110 Guan Yu from his fortress looked anxiously, but vainly, for the coming of the expected aid. He was in a sorry plight. His army numbered but a few hundred, many wounded; there was no food.

111 Then someone came to the foot of the wall and, calling out to the defenders on the wall not to shoot, said he had a message for the commander. He was allowed to enter. It was Zhuge Jin. When he had made his salutations and taken tea, he began his harangue.

112 "I come at the command of my master, the Marquis of Wu, to persuade you to a wise course. From of old it has always been recognized that the hero must bow to circumstances. The region with its nine territories and forty-two counties that you ruled have come under another, with the exception of this single city. Within, there is no food, without, no help, so that it must fall quickly. Wherefore, O General, why not hear me and join your fortunes to those of Wu? You shall be restored to your governorship, and you will preserve your family. If haply, Sir, you would reflect thereon."

113 Guan Yu replied, quite calmly, "I am a simple soldier from the village of Jieliang, yet my lord and I have become brothers. How can I betray him? If the city may fall, then I can but die. Jade may be shattered, but its whiteness remains; bamboo may be burned, but its joints stand straight. My body may be broken, but my name shall live true in history. Say no more, but leave the city, I beg. I will fight Sun Quan to the end."

114 "My master desires to enter into such a league with you as did Qin and Jin in former days, that you may mutually assist to destroy Cao Cao and restore the Hans. That is his idea, and why do you persist in this wrong course?"

115 As Zhuge Jin finished this speech, Guan Ping, who was by, drew his sword to slay him. But his father checked him.

116 "Remember his brother is in Shu, helping your uncle. If you hurt him, you will injure the principle of fraternity."

117 Guan Yu then bade his servants lead Zhuge Jin away. Zhuge Jin went, his face covered with shame, and left the city. When he reached his master, he told of Guan Yu's obduracy and rejection of all argument.

118 "He is indeed a loyal servant!" said Sun Quan. "Still, what is to be done next?"

119 "Take some casts in the Book of Changes," said Lu Fan.

120 So the lots were taken and explained to mean that the Marquis' enemies should flee to a distance.

121 Then Sun Quan asked Lu Meng, saying, "If he flies to a distance, how can he be captured?"

122 "The divination exactly fits in with my schemes," replied Lu Meng. "Even if Guan Yu had wings to soar to the skies, he would not escape my net."

123 The dragon in a puddle is the sport of shrimps, 
The phoenix in a cage is mocked of small birds.

124 The scheme of Lu Meng will be unfolded in the next chapter.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,