삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 078-02 간웅 조조의 죽음

華歆入奏曰:「大王知有神醫華佗否?」操曰:「即江東醫周泰者乎?」歆曰:「是也。」操曰:「雖聞其名,未知其術。」歆曰:「華佗字元化:沛國譙郡人也。其醫術之妙,世所罕有:但有患者,或用藥,或用鍼,或用灸,隨手而愈。若患五臟六腑之疾,藥不能效者,以麻肺湯飲之,令病者如醉死,卻用尖刀剖開其腹,以藥湯洗其臟腑,病人略無疼痛。洗畢,然後以藥線縫口,用藥敷之,或一月,或二十日,即平復矣。其神妙如此。一日,佗行於道上,聞一人呻吟之聲。佗曰:『此飲食不下之病』。問之果然。佗令取蒜虀汁三升飲之,吐蛇一條,長二三尺,飲食即下。廣陵太守陳登,心中煩懣,面赤,不能飲食,求佗醫治。佗以藥飲之,吐蟲三升,皆赤頭,首尾動搖。登問其故。佗曰:『此因多食魚腥,故有此毒。今日雖愈,三年之後,必將復發,不可救也。』後陳登果三年而死。又有一人眉間生一瘤,癢不可當,令佗視之。佗曰:『內有飛物。』人皆笑之。佗以刀割開,一黃雀飛去,病者即愈。有一人被犬咬足指,隨長肉二塊,一痛一癢,俱不可忍。佗曰:『痛者內有鍼十個,癢者內有黑白棋子二枚。』人皆不信。佗以刀割開,果應其言。此人真扁鵲、倉公之流也。見居金城,離此不遠,大王何不召之?」

操即差人星夜請華佗入內,令診脈視疾。佗曰:「大王頭腦疼痛,因患風而起。病根在腦袋中,風涎不能出。枉服湯藥,不可治療。某有一法:先飲麻肺湯,然後用利斧砍開腦袋,取出風涎,方可除根。」操大怒曰:「汝要殺孤耶!」佗曰:「大王曾聞關公中毒箭,傷其右臂,某刮骨療毒,關公略無懼色?今大王小可之疾,何多疑焉?」操曰:「臂痛可刮,腦袋安可砍開?汝必與關公情熟,乘此機會,欲報讎耳!」呼左右拏下獄中,拷問其情。賈詡諫曰:「似此良醫,世罕其匹,未可廢也。」操叱曰:「此人欲乘機害我,正與吉平無異!」急令追拷。

華佗在獄,有一獄卒,姓吳,人皆稱為「吳押獄」。此人每日以酒食供奉華佗。佗感其恩,乃告曰:「我今將死,恨有《青囊書》,未傳於世。感公厚意,無可為報;我修一書,公可遣人送與我家,取《青囊書》來贈公,以繼吾術。」吳押獄大喜曰:「我若得此書,棄了此役,醫治天下病人,以傳先生之德。」佗即修書付吳押獄。吳押獄直至金城,問佗之妻取了《青囊書》,回至獄中,付與華佗。檢看畢,佗即將書贈與吳押獄。吳押獄持回家中藏之。旬日之後,華佗竟死於獄中。吳押獄買棺殯殮訖,脫了差役回家,欲取《青囊書》看習,只見其妻正將書在那裏焚燒。吳押獄大驚,連忙搶奪,全卷已被燒毀,只剩得一兩葉。吳押獄怒罵其妻。妻曰:「縱然學得與華佗一般神妙,只落得死於牢中,要他何用?」吳押獄嗟歎而止。因此《青囊書》不曾傳於世,所傳者止閹雞豬等小法,乃燒剩一兩葉中所載也。後人有詩嘆曰:

華佗仙術比長桑,
神識如窺垣一方。
惆悵人亡書亦絕,
後人無復見《青囊》!

28 Hua Xin one day said to his master, "My lord, have you heard of Hua Tuo?"

29 "Do you mean him of Qiao who cured Zhou Tai?"

30 "Yes, that is he," replied Hua Xin.
31 "I have heard something of his fame, but I know nothing of his capabilities in his art."

32 "He is very clever; there are few so skillful. If one is ill and calls him in, he knows immediately whether to use drugs, or the needle, or the cutlery, and the patient finds relief at once. Let one suffer from an internal complaint and drugs are ineffectual, with a dose of hashish he throws the patient into a state of perfect insensibility and then opens the abdomen and washes the affected organs with a medicament. The patient feels no pain. When the cleansing is complete, he sews up the wound with thread, dresses it, and in a month or less the patient is well. This shows you how skillful he is.

33 "One day Hua Tuo was traveling, when he heard a man by the wayside groaning with pain. 'That is dyspepsia,' said Hua Tuo. And further questions confirmed the diagnosis. He prescribed long draughts of the juice of garlic as an emetic, and the man vomited a worm. After this the man was quite well.

34 "Chen Deng, the Governor of Guangling, suffered from a heavy feeling at the heart. His face was red and congested, and he had no appetite. Hua Tuo gave him a drug, and he threw up many internal wriggling parasites with red heads. The Governor asked what had caused the trouble, and Hua Tuo told him that he ate too much strong smelling fish. He could cure Chen Deng this once, but in three years the disease would recur, and then nothing could save him. Three later Chen Deng died.

35 "Another man had a tumor between the eyes, and it itched intolerably. Hua Tuo examined it and said there was a bird in it. The tumor was opened, and, surely enough, a canary flew out. The patient was relieved.

36 "A dog bit a man's toe, and two tumorous growths ensued, one of which itched intolerably and the other pained severely. Hua Tuo said the painful one contained ten needles, and the other a couple of chess pips, black and white. He opened the two swellings, and the contents were as he had said. Really he is of the same class of physician as masters Bian Que and Zang Kong of old times. He lives at Jincheng, not far away, and could be here very soon."

37 Cao Cao summoned him. As soon as he arrived, Hua Tuo felt the pulse and made careful examination.

38 "Prince, your headaches are due to a malignant humor within the brain case. The humor is too thick to get out. Swallowing drugs will do no good. But I propose to administer a dose of hashish, then open the brain case and remove the thickened humor. That will be a radical cure."

39 "You mean you want to kill me?" cried Cao Cao angrily.

40 "O Prince, you have heard how I cured Guan Yu of the poison that had got into his bones? I scraped them, and he did not hesitate a moment. Your malady is trifling, and why do you mistrust me?"

41 "A painful arm may be scraped, but how can you cut open a man's head? The fact is you have conspired with some of Guan Yu's friends to take this opportunity to make away with me in revenge for his death."

42 Cao Cao told his lictors to hale Hua Tuo to gaol, and there he was tortured to try to find who were his accomplices.

43 Jia Xu pleaded for him, saying, "The man possesses rare skills. To kill him is to waste his talents."

44 But the intervention was of no avail.

45 "The man wants to get a chance to kill me. He is the same sort of scoundrel as Ji Ping."

46 The wretched physician was subjected to worse sufferings.

47 His gaoler was a certain Wu, nicknamed "The Gaoler" by nearly everybody. He was kindly disposed to Hua Tuo and saw that Hua Tuo was well fed.

48 Hua Tuo conceived a liking for his gaoler and said to him one day, "I am doomed, I know. The pity is that my Black Bag treatise on medicine may be lost. You have been most kind to me, and as I have no other way of recompensing you, I will give you a letter to my wife telling her to send the Black Bag, and I will give it to you that you may carry on my art."

49 Wu the Gaoler rejoiced greatly, saying, “If I have that book, I will throw away the menial position of gaoler, travel about the country healing sick folks, and spread your virtue.”

50 The letter was written and given to Wu the Gaoler, who lost no time in traveling to Jincheng to meet with Hua Tuo's wife, and she gave him the Black Bag to bring back to Hua Tuo. After Hua Tuo had read through the book carefully, he presented it to Wu the Gaoler, who took it home and hid it away.

51 Ten days after this, Hua Tuo died in prison. Wu the Gaoler bought a coffin and had him buried. This done, he quitted the prison and went home. But when he asked for the book, he found that his wife had discovered it and was using it to light the fire. He snatched away what was left of it, but a whole volume was missing, and what was left amounted only to several pages. He vented his anger in cursing his wife.

52 But she retorted, saying, "If you become such a learned person as Hua Tuo, you will only die in prison like him. What good did it all do him?"

53 It struck Wu the Gaoler that there was something in what she said, and he ceased grumbling at her. But the upshot of all this was that the learning in the "Treatise of the Black Bag" was finally lost to the world, for what was left only contained the recipes relating to domestic animals.

54 Hua Tuo was the ablest of physician, 
Seeing what diseases were lurking within beings. 
Alas! That he died, and his writings 
Followed him to the Nine Golden Springs.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,