삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 079-04 위왕에 오른 조비

卻說曹丕正聚文武議事,忽近臣奏曰:「蜀將孟達來降。」丕召入問曰:「汝此來,莫非詐降乎?」達曰:「臣為不救關公之危,漢中王欲殺臣,因此懼罪來降,別無他意。」曹丕尚未准信,忽報劉封引五萬兵來取襄陽,單搦孟達廝殺。丕曰:「汝既是真心,便可去襄陽取劉封首級來,孤方准信。」達曰:「臣以利害說之,不必動兵,令劉封亦來降也。」丕大喜,遂加孟達為散騎常侍、建武將軍、平陽亭侯,領新城太守,去守襄陽、樊城。原來夏侯尚、徐晃已先在襄陽,正將收取上庸諸部。孟達到了襄陽,與二將禮畢,探得劉封離城五十里下寨。達即修書一封,使人齎赴蜀寨招降劉封。劉封覽書大怒曰:「此賊誤吾叔姪之義,又間吾父子之親,使吾為不忠不孝之人也!」遂扯碎來書,斬其使。次日,引軍前來搦戰。

孟達知劉封扯書斬使,勃然大怒,亦領兵出迎。兩陣對圓,封立馬於門旗下,以刀指罵曰:「背國反賊,安敢亂言!」孟達曰:「汝死已臨頭,還自執迷不省!」封大怒,拍馬輪刀,直奔孟達。戰不三合,達敗走,封乘虛追殺二十餘里,一聲喊起,伏兵盡出。左邊夏侯尚殺來,右邊徐晃殺來,孟達回身復戰:三軍夾攻。劉封大敗而走,連夜奔回上庸,背後魏兵趕來。劉封到城下叫門,城上亂箭射下。申耽在敵樓上叫曰:「吾已降了魏也!」封大怒,欲要攻城,背後追軍將至。封立腳不牢,只得望房陵而奔,見城上已盡插魏旗。申儀在敵樓上將旗一颭,城後一彪軍出,旗上大書「右將軍徐晃」。封抵敵不住,急望西川而走。晃乘勢追殺。劉封部下只剩得百餘騎,到了成都,入見漢中王,哭拜於地,細奏前事。玄德怒曰:「辱子有何面目復來見吾!」封曰:「叔父之難,非兒不救,因孟達諫阻故耳。」玄德轉怒曰:「汝須食人食、穿人衣,非土木偶人!安可聽讒賊所阻!」命左右推出斬之。漢中王既斬劉封,後聞孟達招之,毀書斬使之事,心中頗悔;又哀痛關公,以致染病,因此按兵不動。

且說魏王曹丕,自即王位,將文武官僚,盡皆陞賞;遂統甲兵三十萬,南巡沛國譙縣,大饗先塋。鄉中父老,揚塵遮道,奉觴進酒,效漢高祖還沛之事。人報大將軍夏侯惇病危,丕即還鄴郡。時惇已卒,丕為挂孝,以厚禮殯葬。

是歲八月間,報稱石邑縣鳳凰來儀,臨淄城麒麟出現,黃龍現於鄴郡。於是中郎將李伏、太史丞許芝商議:種種瑞徵,乃魏當代漢之兆,可安排受禪之禮,令漢帝將天下讓於魏王。遂同華歆、王朗、辛毗、賈詡、劉廙、劉曄、陳矯、陳群、桓階等,一班文武官僚,四十餘人,直入內殿,來奏漢獻帝,請禪位於魏王曹丕。正是:

魏家社稷今將建,
漢代江山忽已移。

未知獻帝如何回答,且看下文分解。

76 Now Meng Da arrived when Cao Pi was holding a great council. When the attendants told him that General Meng Da of Shu had come, Cao Pi summoned him to enter.

77 Said Cao Pi to him, "Is this a sincere surrender?"

78 Meng Da replied, "I was in fear of death for not having relieved Guan Yu. That is my only reason for coming."

79 However, Cao Pi did not trust him. Then they reported that Liu Feng was coming to arrest him, with a large army, and had attacked Xiangyang and was challenging Meng Da to battle.

80 Cao Pi said, "You seem to be true. Go then to Xiangyang and take Liu Feng. If you bring me his head, I shall no longer doubt."

81 Meng Da replied, "I will convince him by argument. No soldiers will be needed. I will bring him to surrender too."

82 So Meng Da was made General Who Establishes Strong Arms, Lord of Pingyang, and Governor of Xincheng, and sent to guard Xiangyang and Fancheng.

83 Now there were two generals there already, Xiahou Shang and Xu Huang, who engaged in reducing the surrounding territories. Meng Da arrived, met his two colleagues, and was told that Liu Feng was fifteen miles from the city. Whereupon Meng Da wrote him a letter urging him to surrender. But Liu Feng was in no mood to surrender. Instead he tore up the letter and put the messenger to death.

84 "The renegade has already made me offend against my duty to my uncle, and now would sever me from my father so that I shall be reproached as disloyal and unfilial," said Liu Feng.

85 Meng Da went out with his army to give battle. Liu Feng rode to the front, pointed with his sword at his opponent, and railed against him.

86 "Death is very near you!" replied Meng Da. "Yet you continue obstinately in the way of foolishness and will not understand."

87 Liu Feng rode out flourishing his sword. He engaged Meng Da, who ran away before the conflict had well begun. Liu Feng pursued hotly to seven miles. Then he fell into an ambush and found himself attacked on two sides by Xiahou Shang and Xu Huang. Also Meng Da returned to the attack. Liu Feng was forced to fly. He made straight for Shangyong, pursued all the way. When he reached the city and hailed the gate, he was met by a volley of arrows.

88 "I have surrendered to Wei!" cried Shen Dan from the city tower.

89 Liu Feng got furious and prepared to attack the wall, but the army of Wei was close behind, and having no resting place, he set off for Fangling. He arrived there to find the banners of Wei set out along the walls. Then he saw Shen Yi wave a signal from the tower, and at once there appeared from the shelter of the wall a body of soldiers, and the leading banner displayed General of the Right Army Xu Huang.

90 Liu Feng was worsted by the ambush. Then he made for home. But he was pursued, and only a hundred riders of his remained to him when he regained Chengdu.

91 Seeking an interview with his father, he found but scant sympathy.

92 In response to his petition, made prostrate, and weeping, Liu Bei said, "Shameful son! How are you come to see me at all?"

93 "My uncle's mishap was not due to my refusal of help, but because Meng Da thwarted me."

94 "You eat as a man, you dress as a man; but you have no more the instincts of a man than an image of clay or wood. What mean you by saying another wretch thwarted you?"

95 Liu Bei bade the executioners expel Liu Feng and put him to death. But the Prince felt some compunction later when he heard of Liu Feng's treatment to the messenger who had brought Meng Da's letter inviting him to become a traitor. And he gave way to grief for the death of Guan Yu until he fell ill. So no military movements were made.

96 After he had succeeded to the princedom, Cao Pi raised all his officers to high rank and had an army prepared of three hundred thousand, and maneuvered them over the southern territories and made great feasts in the county of Qiao in the old state of Pei, which was the land of his ancestors. As the grand army passed by, the aged villagers lined the roads offering gifts of wine, just as when the Founder of the Hans returned home to Pei.

97 When it was announced that the Regent Marshal Xiahou Dun was near death, Cao Pi hastened back to Yejun, but arrived too late to see him. He put on mourning for the great leader and instituted magnificent funeral ceremonies.

98 In the eighth month of that same year (AD 220), it was reported that a phoenix had been seen to bow at Shiyi, and a jilin had appeared at Linzi, while a yellow dragon was observed in Yejun.

99 Whereupon Imperial Commander Li Qu and Minister Xu Zhi discussed these appearances, and putting them all together they concluded, saying, "Those splendid signs presage that Wei is about to supplant Han, and the altar of abdication should be set up."

100 Presently a deputation of forty high officers, both military and civil, led by Hua Xin, Wang Lang, Xin Pi, Jia Xu, Liu Ye, Liu Zi, Chen Jiao, Chen Qun, and Huan Jie went into the Forbidden City and proposed to Emperor Xian that he should abdicate and yield to the Prince of Wei, Cao Pi.

101 It is time to set up the Throne of Wei, 
And steal the land from the Hans.

102 The next chapter will record the Emperor's reply.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,