삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 081-01 해를 당한 장비

彝陵之戰(共六回)

第八十一回 急兄讎張飛遇害  雪弟恨先主興兵

Eager For Vengeance, Zhang Fei Is Assassinated;
Athirst Of Retribution, The First Ruler Goes To War.

說先主起兵東征。趙雲諫曰:「國賊乃曹操,非孫權也。今曹丕篡漢,神人共怒。陛下可早圖關中,屯兵渭河上流,以討凶逆,則關東義士,必包裹糧策馬以迎王師;若舍魏以伐吳,兵勢一交豈能驟解?願陛下察之。」先主曰:「孫權害了朕弟;又兼傅士仁、糜芳、潘璋、馬忠皆有切齒之讎;啖其肉而滅其族,方雪朕恨。卿何阻耶?」雲曰:「漢賊之讎,公也;兄弟之讎,私也。願以天下為重。」先主答曰:「朕不為弟報讎,雖有萬里江山,何足為貴?」遂不聽趙雲之諫,下令起兵伐吳;且發使往五谿,借番兵五萬,共相策應;一面差使往閬中,遷張飛為車騎將軍,領司隸校尉,西鄉侯,兼閬中牧。使命齎詔而去。

說張飛在閬中,聞知關公被東吳所害,旦夕號泣,血濕衣襟。諸將以酒勸解,酒醉,怒氣愈加。帳上帳下,但有犯者即鞭撻之;多有鞭死者。每日望南切齒睜目怒恨,放聲痛哭不已。忽報使至,慌忙接入,開讀詔旨。飛受爵望北拜畢,設酒款待來使。

飛曰:「吾兄被害,讎深似海;廟堂之臣,何不早奏興兵?」使者曰:「多有勸先滅魏而後伐吳者。」飛怒曰:「是何言也!昔我三人桃園結義,誓同生死;今不幸二兄半途而逝。吾安得獨享富貴耶!吾當面見天子,願為前部先鋒,挂孝伐吳,生擒逆賊,祭告二兄,以踐前盟!」言訖,就同使命望成都而來。

卻說先主每日自下教場操演軍馬,剋日興師,御駕親征。於是公卿都至丞相府中,見孔明曰:「今天子初臨大位,親統軍伍,非所以重社稷也。丞相秉鈞衡之職,何不規諫?」孔明曰:「吾苦諫數次,只是不聽。今日公等隨我入教場諫去。」當下孔明引百官來奏先主曰:「陛下初登寶位,若欲北討漢賊,以伸大義於天下,方可親統六師;若只欲伐吳,命一上將統軍伐之可也,何必親勞聖駕?」

先主見孔明苦諫,心中稍回。忽報張飛到來,先主急召入。飛至演武廳拜伏於地,抱先主足而哭。先主亦哭。飛曰:「陛下今日為君,早忘了桃園之誓!二兄之讎,如何不報?」先主曰:「多官諫阻,未敢輕舉。」飛曰:「他人豈知昔日之盟?若陛下不去,臣捨此軀與二兄報讎!若不能報時,臣寧死不見陛下也!」先主曰:「朕與卿同往。卿提本部兵,自閬州而出;朕統精兵會於江州。共伐東吳,以雪此恨。」飛臨行,先主囑曰:「朕素知卿酒後暴怒,鞭撻健兒,而復令在左右:此取禍之道也。今後務宜寬容,不可如前。」飛拜辭而去。

1 Zhao Zilong was opposed to the attempt to fight Wu, and spoke against the plan.

2 "The real rebel was not Sun Quan, but Cao Cao. Now it is his son who has usurped the Imperial Throne and called forth the anger of gods and humans. You should first aim at the Land Within the Passes by camping on the River Wei, from which to attack the rebel. After that the loyal people in the East of the Passes will cart their grains and herd their horses to welcome your army. If you leave River Wei out of consideration in order to fight Wu, your military force will be engaged, and could you disengage it quickly in case of necessity? It is worth reflection."

3 The First Ruler replied, "Sun Quan slew my brother. Furthermore, Fu Shiren, Mi Fang, Pan Zhang, and Ma Zhong are on his side, all of whom I hate so much that I could eat their flesh with gusto and devour their relatives, whereby I should have my vengeance. Why, Noble Sir, do you obstruct me?"

4 "Because the enmity against Cao Cao is a public matter; vengeance for the manner of your brother's end is private. The empire should be placed first."

5 "What care I for myriads of square miles of territory as long as my brother is unavenged?"

6 So Zhao Zilong's remonstrance was disregarded, and orders went forth to prepare an army against Wu. The First Ruler also sent into the Five Valleys to borrow the aid of fifty thousand of tribesmen. He sent a messenger to Langzhong conferring on Zhang Fei the rank of General of the Flying Cavalry and the title of Lord of Xixiang. Zhang Fei became also Governor of Langzhong.

7 When Zhang Fei heard the tidings of Guan Yu's death at the hands of Sun Quan, he wept very bitterly day and night, so that his raiment was soaked with his tears. His subordinates tried to cheer him with wine, but he over-drank, and this increased his ill-humor, which he vented on any offender in his camp. Some of his people even died under the lash. Every day he gazed southward, grinding his teeth with rage and glaring. He wept and groaned without ceasing.

8 Then a messenger was announced. He was summoned immediately, and Zhang Fei at once tore open and read his dispatches. When Zhang Fei read the edict, he accepted his new rank in all humility, bowing northward toward the imperial mandate. Then he gave a banquet to the messenger.

9 He said, "My enmity for the death of my brother is deep as the sea. Why do not the officers at the court propose an avenging expedition?"

10 The messenger replied, "Most of them favor first the destruction of Wei. Wu is to follow."

11 "What sort of talk is this?" cried Zhang Fei angrily. "When we three swore brotherhood in the Peach Garden, we pledged ourselves to die together. Now, alas! my brother has perished by the way, and can we enjoy wealth or honors without him? I must see the Son of Heaven and pray to be allowed to lead the van. I will wear mourning, and in that garb I will smite Wu and capture the bandit that rules there. Sun Quan shall be sacrificed to my brother's manes in virtue of our oath."

12 Zhang Fei accompanied the messenger to Capital Chengdu. In the meantime the First Ruler had been training his armies. Day after day he went to the drill ground, and he decided upon a day to start, and he would accompany the expedition. Thereupon a number of courtiers went to the palace of the Prime Minister to talk with Zhuge Liang, trying to get this intention modified.

13 They said, "It is not in accordance with the importance due to the Emperor's position that he should go in personal command of this army, particularly as he has but lately assumed his throne. You, Sir, hold the weighty post of adviser in such a matter, and why do you not dissuade him?"

14 "I have done so, most sincerely and repeatedly, but he will not listen. But now you all come with me to the drill ground, and we will try once more."

15 So they proceeded thither, with Zhuge Liang at their head, and he said, "Your Majesty has but lately taken the imperial seat. If the expedition was one to march northward to destroy the rebels against Han and in the interest of rectitude, it would be perfectly correct for the Emperor to lead the army. But an officer of high rank should more properly be sent against Wu. Why should Your Majesty expose yourself to such fatigues?"

16 The First Ruler was touched by the depth of his minister's concern and the sincerity of his counsel, and was on the point of yielding when the arrival of Zhang Fei was announced. Zhang Fei was immediately summoned and came to the pavilion on the drill ground, where he threw himself on the ground and clasped the First Ruler's feet, weeping bitterly. The First Ruler joined in the lamentation.

17 "Your Majesty is now ruler and too quickly forgets the oath in the Peach Garden. Why is our brother's death not avenged?"

18 The First Ruler replied, "Many officers dissuade me from such a course. I cannot act rashly."

19 "What do others know of our oath? If Your Majesty will not go, then let me sacrifice myself to avenge our brother. If I cannot, then would I rather die and see your face no more."

20 "Then will I go with you," said the First Ruler. "Bring your own troops from Langzhong, and I will bring my veterans to meet you at Jiangzhou. We will both attack Wu and wipe out the reproach."

21 As Zhang Fei rose to take leave, the First Ruler said to him, "I know that your weakness for wine leads you astray, and you become very cruel in your cups, and hog your people, and keep the beaten ones near you. They may be dangerous, and it is certainly the road to misfortune. Now you must be more kindly and not give way to passion as before."

22 Thus admonished, Zhang Fei said farewell and left.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,