삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 082-02 선주의 오나라 정벌

權大喜,即寫表稱臣,令趙咨為使。星夜到了許都,先見太尉賈詡等,並大小官僚。次日早朝,賈詡出班奏曰:「東吳遣中大夫趙咨上表。」曹丕笑曰:「此欲退蜀兵故也。」即令召入。咨拜伏於丹墀。丕覽表畢,遂問咨曰:「吳侯乃何如主也?」咨曰:「聰明仁智雄略之主也。」丕笑曰:「卿褒獎毋乃太甚?」咨曰:「臣非過譽也。吳侯納魯肅於凡品,是其聰明也;拔呂蒙於行陣,是其明也;獲于禁而不害,是其仁也;取荊州兵不血刃,是其智也;據三江虎視天下,是其雄也;屈身於陛下,是其略也:--以此論之,豈不為聰明仁智雄略之主乎?」

丕又問曰:「吳主頗知學乎?」咨曰:「吳主浮江萬艘,帶甲百萬,任賢使能,志存經略;少有餘閒,博覽書傳,歷觀史籍,採其大旨:不效書生尋章摘句而已。」丕曰:「朕欲伐吳,可乎?」咨曰:「大國有征伐之兵,小國有禦備之策。」丕曰:「吳畏魏乎?」咨曰:「帶甲百萬,江漢為池,何畏之有?」丕曰:「東吳如大夫者幾人?」咨曰:「聰明特達者八九十人;如臣之輩,車載斗量,不可勝數。」丕歎曰:「『使於四方,不辱君命』,卿可以當之矣。」

於是即降詔,命太常卿邢貞,齎冊封孫權為吳王,加九錫。趙咨謝恩出城。大夫劉曄諫曰:「今孫權懼蜀兵之勢,故來請降。以臣愚見,蜀、吳交兵,乃天亡之也。今若遣上將提數萬之兵,渡江襲之,蜀攻其外,魏攻其內,吳國之亡,不出旬日。吳亡則蜀孤矣。陛下何不早圖之?」丕曰:「孫權既已禮服朕,朕若攻之,是沮天下欲降者之心;不若納之為是。」劉曄又曰:「孫權雖有雄才,乃殘漢驃騎將軍南昌侯之職。官輕則勢微,尚有畏中原之心;若加以王位,則去陛下一階耳。今陛下信其詐降,崇其位號,以封殖之,是與虎添翼之。」丕曰:「不然。朕不助吳,亦不助蜀。待看吳,蜀交兵,若滅一國,止存一國,那時除之,有何難哉?朕意已決,卿勿復言。」遂命太常卿邢貞,同趙咨捧執冊錫,逕至東吳。

卻說孫權聚集百官,商議禦蜀之策,忽報魏帝封主公為王,禮當遠接。顧雍諫曰:「主公宜自稱上將軍九州伯之位,不當受魏帝封爵。」權曰:「當日沛公受項羽之封,蓋因時也;何故卻之?」遂率百官出城迎接。邢貞自恃上國天使,入門不下車,張昭大怒,厲聲曰:「禮無不敬,法無不肅,而君敢自尊大,豈以江南無方寸之刃耶?」邢貞慌忙下車,與孫權相見,並車入城。忽車後一人放聲哭曰:「吾等不能奮身捨命,為主併魏吞蜀,乃令主公受人封爵,不亦辱乎!」眾視之,乃徐盛也。邢貞聞之。歎曰:「江東將相如此,終非久在人下者也!」

卻說孫權受了封爵,眾文武官僚,拜賀已畢,命收拾美玉明珠等物,遣人齎進謝恩。早有細作報說:「蜀主引本國大兵,及蠻王沙摩柯番兵數萬,又有洞溪漢將杜路劉寧二枝兵,水陸並進,聲勢震天。水路軍已出巫口,旱路軍已到秭歸。」時孫權雖登王位,奈魏主不肯接應,乃問文武曰:「蜀兵勢大,當復如何?」眾皆默然。權歎曰:「周郎之後有魯肅;魯肅之後有呂蒙;今呂蒙已死,無人與孤分憂也!」

26 Sun Quan was satisfied and composed the memorial, styling himself "Minister". Therein Zhao Zi was duly appointed messenger. He took the document and soon reached Capital Xuchang, where he first sought out the High Minister Jia Xu, and then saw the others.

27 Next day, Jia Xu stood forth one day at court and said, "East Wu has sent a high officer, Zhao Zi, with a memorial."

28 "Because he wants the armies of Shu driven off," said Cao Pi, smiling.

29 But he summoned Zhao Zi, who, having prostrated himself in the outer court, handed in his memorial.

30 After reading it, Cao Pi said, "What sort of an over-lord is the Marquis?"

31 "Intelligent, clear-sighted, wise, brave, and perspicacious," was the reply.

32 Cao Pi laughed, "Your praise is none too enthusiastic."

33 "I do not wish to overstate," replied Zhao Zi, "but my master has shown various qualities at different times. He made use of Lu Su among the officials of high ranks, which shows his intelligence. He chose Lu Meng as leader of all armies, which showed his clear-sightedness. He captured Yu Jin but did not hurt him, which shows his kindliness. He took Jingzhou without slaughter, which shows his wisdom. He maintains the Three Rivers so as to command the respect of the empire, which shows his boldness. Lastly, he bows before Your Majesty, which shows his perspicacity. You see now that my epithets are justifiable."

34 "Is he at all learned?"

35 "Sire, remember he commands a large fleet of ten thousand battleships and a huge army of million armored soldiers. He endeavors to find wise and capable people to help him, and his mind is full of plans and projects. When he has a little leisure, he reads the histories and the annals, for the sake of the general lessons to be learned therefrom. He is no dryasdust pedant seeking remarkable passages and culling model sentences."

36 "Do you think I could overcome Wu?"

37 "If a large state has military force to attack, a small one has also preparations for defense."

38 "Does Wu fear Wei?" asked Cao Pi.

39 "How can you think so, considering our army of million armored soldiers and the defensive moats we have in the River Han and the Great River?"

40 "How many such persons as high minister does Wu possess?"

41 "Nearly a hundred intelligent and specially qualified ministers like your servants; of my sort of ordinary knowledge there are too many to reckon up."

42 Cao Pi sighed, saying, "The book says 'Going on mission without losing the dignity of the master.' That is the sort of man you are!"

43 Thereupon he issued the mandate ordering Xing Zhen, Minister of Ceremonies and Sacrifices, to be his ambassador to Wu, bearing for Sun Quan the title of "Prince of Wu" and allowing him to use the "Nine Signs of Honors".

44 But when the messenger had gone out of the city, Liu Ye went to remonstrate, saying, "Sun Quan has done this for fear of the armies of Shu. In my opinion, if Shu and Wu fight, heaven will make an end of one country. If you will send an army across the Great River to attack, and Shu attack at the same time from the west, Wu as a state will disappear. If Wu goes, then Shu will be left alone and can be dealt with when you will."

45 "But I cannot attack Sun Quan now that he has come over to my side. It would prevent anyone else from doing so. No! I will really accept his submission. It is the best course."

46 Liu Ye said, "After all, though talented, he is but a General of the Flying Cavalry and Lord of Nanzhang of the decadent days of Han. His rank is low and his influence small, yet he still wants to contest the Middle Land. If you promote him to kingly rank, he is only one step below yourself. While doubting the reality of his submission, you give him an exalted rank and increase his influence. Surely this is only giving wings to a tiger."

47 "Not at all; I am helping neither Wu nor Shu. I am waiting till they are at grips, and if one goes under, there will be only one left to destroy. That will be easy. However, say no more, for I have decided."

48 Whereupon Xing Zhen was bidden to take the mandate and the Nine Dignities and accompany Zhao Zi to Wu.

49 Sun Quan assembled his officers to discuss how the armies of Shu could be driven off. Then came the news of princely rank conferred by Wei. By the rules of courtesy, the messenger bearing the edict should be met at a great distance from the capital, but Gu Yong was opposed to accepting the rank.

50 "My lord, you should style yourself 'Supreme Ruler' and 'Lord' of the nine territories. You should not receive any rank from Wei."

51 "But on one occasion Liu Bang received the princedom of Han (Hanzhong) from Xiang Yu. I have to depend upon circumstances. Why refuse?"

52 Sun Quan discussed the matter no more, but went out at the head of a great gathering of officers to welcome the messenger.

53 Xing Zhen, the bearer of the mandate from Wei, on first arrival comported himself haughtily as the representative of a superior country and an imperial ambassador. And when he entered the city, he did not descend from his carriage. Wherefore Zhang Zhao ventured to rebuke him.

54 "Everyone must obey the rules of courtesy as everyone must respect the laws. You, Sir, are behaving proudly as if there was no such thing as a sword in this country."

55 Immediately the messenger descended from his chariot and was presented to Sun Quan. Afterwards they went in side by side.

56 As the cavalcade proceeded, a loud voice was heard in the rear of the two carriages, crying, "Here we are prevented from risking our lives in smashing Wei and swallowing Shu; and our lord receives a title from another man. Are not such things shameful?"

57 The man was Xu Sheng.

58 And Xing Zhen sighed, saying, "If all the leaders and ministers of the South Land are like this, the Prince of Wu will not long be content to obey another."

59 However, the title was accepted. And when he had received the felicitations of his officers, Sun Quan gave orders to collect beautiful works in jade and brilliant pearls, which were sent to Wei as return gifts.

60 Not long after came tidings of the forces of Shu: "The First Ruler, together with King Shamo Ke of the Mang nations, leads his own army and a large number of tribesmen from the east and south. Furthermore, he is aided by the two Shu generals of Dongxi, Liu Ning and Du Lu, with their cohorts. They advance both by land and by water, a mighty host, of which the shouting shakes the heavens. The naval force has already come out at Wukou, and the land force has reached Zigui."

61 Although Sun Quan had been created a prince, yet Emperor Pi would not send a relieve army.

62 When the terrible news came, the Prince of Wu asked present advice from his officers, saying, “How are we going to meet those forces?”

63 But there was none to help him. They only muttered and were silent.

64 "Ah!" sighed he. "After Zhou Yu I had Lu Su, and Lu Meng succeeded Lu Su. But now they have all three gone, and there is no one to share my troubles!"

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,