삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 089-04 맹획 ,다섯번째로 사로잡히다

次日,孔明備信香、禮物,引王平及眾啞軍,連夜望山神所言去處,迤邐而進。入山谷小徑,約行二十餘裡, 但見長鬆大柏,茂竹奇花,環繞一莊;籬落之中,有數間茅屋,聞得馨香噴鼻。孔明大喜,到莊前扣戶,有一小童出。孔明方欲通姓名,早有一人,竹冠草履,白袍皂絛,碧眼黃發,忻然出曰:「來者莫非漢丞相否?」孔明笑曰:「高士何以知之?」隱者曰:「久聞丞相大纛南征,安得不知!」遂邀孔明入草堂。禮畢,分賓主坐定。孔明告曰:「亮受昭烈皇帝託孤之重,今承嗣君聖旨,領大軍至此,欲服蠻邦,使歸王化。不期孟 獲潛入洞中,軍士誤飲啞泉之水。夜來蒙伏波將軍顯聖,言高士有藥泉,可以治之。望乞矜念,賜神水以救眾兵殘生。」隱者曰:「量老夫山野廢人,何勞丞相枉駕。此泉就 在庵後。」教取來飲。

於是童子引王平等一起啞軍,來到溪邊,汲水飲之;隨即吐出惡涎,便能言語。童子又引眾軍到萬安溪中沐浴。隱者於庵中進柏子茶、鬆花菜,以待孔明。

隱者告曰:「此間蠻洞多毒蛇惡蠍,柳花飄入溪泉之間,水不可飲;但掘地為泉,汲水飲之方可。」孔明求薤葉芸香,隱者令 眾軍盡意採取:「各人口含一葉,自然瘴氣不侵。」孔明拜求隱者姓名,隱者笑曰:「某乃孟獲之兄孟節是也。」孔明愕然。隱者又曰:「丞相休疑,容伸片言:某一父母所生三人:長即老夫孟節,次孟獲,又次孟優。父母皆亡。二弟強惡,不歸王化。某屢諫不從,故更名改姓,隱居於此。今辱弟造反,又勞丞相深入不毛之地,如此生受,孟節合該萬死,故先於丞相之前請罪。」孔明嘆曰:「方信盜跖、下惠之事,今亦有之。」 遂與孟節曰:「吾申奏天子,立公為王,可乎?」節曰:「為嫌功名而逃於此,豈復有貪富貴之意!」孔明乃具金帛贈之。孟節堅辭不受。孔明嗟嘆不已,拜別而回。後人有詩曰:

高士幽棲獨閉關,
武侯曾此破諸蠻。
至今古木無人境,
猶有寒煙鎖舊山。   

孔明回到大寨之中,令軍士掘地取水。掘下二十餘丈,並無滴水;凡掘十餘處,皆是如此。軍心驚慌。孔明夜半焚香告天曰:「臣亮不才,仰承大漢之福,受命平蠻。今途中乏水,軍馬枯渴。倘上天不絕大漢,即賜甘泉!若氣運已終,臣亮等願死於此處!」是夜祝罷,平明視之,皆得滿井甘泉。後人有詩曰:

為國平蠻統大兵,
心存正道合神明。
耿恭拜井甘泉出,
諸葛虔誠水夜生。

82 Next day, bearing incense and gifts, Wang Ping and his stricken men went west to the spot which the old man had indicated. They luckily found the valley and followed its narrow road till they came to a small, farm-like enclosure, where tall pines and lofty cypresses, luxuriant bamboos, and gorgeous flowers sheltered a few simple huts. An exquisite perfume pervaded the whole place.

83 Zhuge Liang rejoiced to recognize the spot and at once knocked at the door.

84 A lad answered his knock, and Zhuge Liang was telling his name when the host came out quickly, saying, "Surely my visitor is the Prime Minister of the Han Dynasty?"

85 Zhuge Liang saw at the door a man with a bamboo comb holding back his hair, grass shoes on his feet, and a robe of white girded in by a black girdle. He had green eyes and yellowed hair.

86 "Great Scholar, how did you know who I was?" said Zhuge Liang.

87 "How could I not have heard of your expedition to the south?"

88 He invited Zhuge Liang to enter.

89 When they had seated themselves in their relative positions as host and guest, Zhuge Liang said, "My former Prince, the First Ruler, confided to me the care of his son and successor. That son, now Emperor, gave me a command to lead an army to this country, get the Mangs on our side, and spread our culture among them. But now to my disappointment Meng Huo, the King, has hidden himself in the Bald Dragon Ravine, and some of my soldiers on the way to seek him drank of a certain fountain and are dumb. But last evening the former leader of an expedition, Ma Yuan, manifested his sacred presence and told me that you, Exalted Sir, had a remedy for this evil, and I pray you of your pity to give me of the potent fluid whereby my soldiers' lives may be saved."

90 The recluse replied, "I am only a worthless old man of the wild woods and unworthy of the visit of such as you, O Minister. The water you desire flows out at the back of my cottage, and you may take what you will of it."

91 The serving lad then showed Wang Ping and his dumb companions to the Spring of Peace and Joy, and he dipped up the waters for them to drink. As soon as they had drunk, they coughed up some poisoned mucus and could speak. The lad also led the soldiers to the Spring of Eternal Peace where they could bathe.

92 In the cottage the recluse regaled Zhuge Liang with tea made of cypress seeds and a conserve of pine flowers.

93 He also told his guest, saying, "In this region, the lands are full of serpents and scorpions, and the lily flowers blown into the springs by the wind make them unfit to drink. However, if you dig wells, you will find good water."

94 Then Zhuge Liang begged some of the garlic-leaved herb as an antidote against malaria. The recluse said the soldiers could pluck as much as they wanted. And so everyone put a leaf in his mouth and thus became malaria-proof.

95 Zhuge Liang, with a low bow then begged to be told the name of his benefactor.

96 "I am Meng Huo's eldest brother," said the recluse, smiling. "My name is Meng Jie."

97 Zhuge Liang started.

98 "Do not be afraid," said the recluse. "Let me explain. We were three brothers of the same parents, the eldest being myself. Our parents are both dead. My brother Meng Huo, being headstrong and vicious, has never been amenable to culture. I have talked to him many times, but he kept his own course. Finally, under an assumed name, I retired to this spot. I am ashamed for my brother's rebellion, which has put you, O Minister, to the trouble of making this expedition into a barren country, but it has given me the privilege of seeing you. For my responsibility in this I deserve to die a thousand times, as I own to your face, and I beg your pardon."

99 Zhuge Liang sighed, saying, "Now I believe that story of the two brothers---Robber Liu Zhi and Noble Liu Xiahui. This is the same thing over again. People renowned for villainy and virtue may come from the same stock."

100 Then he said to his host, "Would you wish me to represent your merits to the Emperor and get you created a king?"

101 "How can you think I desire honors or wealth when I am here because of my contempt for all such things?"

102 Zhuge Liang then wished to make him certain presents, but the recluse would have none of them.

103 So taking leave of his host, Zhuge Liang went back to his camp.

104 In the southern expedition when the Mangs were subdued, 
Zhuge Liang found a high-born recluse in a shady solitude. 
Up till then the gloomy forests were thought destitute of men, 
That no curling smoke wreath ever floated upwards from the glen.

105 As soon as Zhuge Liang reached camp, he set the soldiers digging for water. They dug to a great depth but found none; nor were they more successful when they tried other places. They were very discouraged.

106 Then Zhuge Liang in the depths of the night burned incense and prayed to God: "Unworthy as is thy servant Zhuge Liang, he has received favor from the Great Han and now has been ordered to subdue the Mangs. Alas! Now our water is spent and my soldiers and animals are parched with thirst. If Thy will be to preserve the line of Hans, then give, I beseech Thee, sweet water; but if their course is run, then may Thy servant and those with him die in this place."

107 The morning after this prayer the wells were full of sweet water.

108 The Mangs must be conquered; Zhuge Liang led a great array,
Though his skill was superhuman, yet he held the righteous way; 
As the wells gave forth sweet water when Geng Gong's head bowed full low, 
So the reverent prayers of Zhuge Liang made the lower springs to flow.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,