삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 090-03 칠종칠금

次日,孔明驅兵大進,布於洞口。蠻兵探知,入洞報與蠻 王。木鹿大王自謂無敵,即與孟獲引洞兵而出。孔明綸巾羽扇,身衣道袍,端坐於車上。孟獲指曰:「車上坐的便是諸葛亮!若擒住此人,大事定矣!」木鹿大王口中念咒,手搖蒂鐘。頃刻之間,狂風大作,猛獸突出。孔明將羽扇一搖,其風便回吹彼陣中去了,蜀陣中假獸擁出。蠻洞真獸見蜀陣巨獸口吐火燄,鼻出黑煙,身搖銅鈴,張牙舞爪而來,諸惡獸不敢前進,皆奔回蠻洞,反將蠻兵沖倒無數。孔明驅兵大進,鼓角齊鳴,望前追殺。木鹿大王死於亂軍之中。洞內孟獲宗黨,皆棄宮闕,扒山越嶺而走。孔明大軍佔了銀坑洞。   

次日,孔明正要分兵緝擒孟獲,忽報:「蠻王孟獲妻弟帶來洞主,因勸孟獲歸降,獲不從,今將孟獲並祝融夫人及宗黨數百餘人盡皆擒來,獻與丞相。」孔明聽知,即喚張嶷、馬忠,分付如此如此。二將受了計,引二千精壯兵,伏於兩廊。孔明即令守門將,俱放進來。帶來洞主引刀斧手解孟獲等數百人,拜於殿下。孔明大喝曰:「與吾擒下!」兩廊壯兵齊出,二人捉一人,盡被執縛。

孔明大笑曰:「量汝些小詭計,如何瞞得過我!汝見二次俱是本洞人擒汝來降,吾不加害;汝只道吾深信,故來詐降,欲就洞中殺吾!」喝令武士搜其身畔,果然各帶利刀。孔明問孟獲曰:「汝原說在汝家擒住,方始心服;今日如何?」獲曰:「此是我等自來送死,非汝之能也。吾心未服。」孔明曰:「吾擒住六番,尚然不服,欲待何時耶?」獲曰:「汝第七次擒住,吾方傾心歸服,誓不反矣。」孔明曰:「巢穴已破,吾何慮哉!」令武士盡去其縛,叱之曰:「這番擒住,再若支吾,必不輕恕!」孟獲等抱頭鼠竄而去。   

卻說敗殘蠻兵有千餘人,大半中傷而逃,正遇蠻王孟獲。獲收了敗兵,心中稍喜,卻與帶來洞主商議曰:「吾今洞府已被蜀兵所佔,今投何地安身?」帶來洞主曰:「止有一國可以破蜀。」獲喜曰:「何處可去?」帶來洞主曰:「此去東南七百裡,有一國,名烏戈國。國主兀突骨,身長丈二,不食五穀,以生蛇惡獸為飯;身有鱗甲,刀箭不能侵。其手下軍士,俱穿籐甲;其籐生於山澗之中,盤於石壁之上;國人採取,浸於油中,半年方取出曬之;曬幹復浸,凡十餘遍,卻才造成鎧甲;穿在身上,渡江不沉,經水不濕,刀箭皆不能入:因此號為籐甲軍。今大王可往求之。若得彼相助,擒諸葛亮如利刀破竹也。」

孟獲大喜,遂投烏戈國,來見兀突骨。其洞無宇舍,皆居土穴之內。孟獲入洞,再拜哀告前事。兀突骨曰:「吾起本洞之兵,與汝報仇。」獲欣然拜謝。於是兀突骨喚兩個領兵俘長:一名土安,一名奚泥,起三萬兵,皆穿籐甲,離烏戈國望東北而來。行至一江,名桃花水,兩岸有桃樹,歷年落葉於水中,若別國人飲之盡死,惟烏戈國人飲之,倍添精神。兀突骨兵至桃花渡口下寨,以待蜀兵。   

卻說孔明令蠻人哨探孟獲消息,回報曰:「孟獲請烏戈國主,引三萬籐甲軍,現屯於桃花渡口。孟獲又在各番聚集蠻兵,並力拒戰。」孔明聽說,提兵大進,直至桃花渡口。隔岸望見蠻兵,不類人形,甚是醜惡;又問土人,言說即日桃葉正落,水不可飲。孔明退五裡下寨,留魏延守寨。   

次日,烏戈國主引一彪籐甲軍過河來,金鼓大震。魏延引兵出迎。蠻兵卷地而至。蜀兵以弩箭射到籐甲之上,皆不能透,俱落於地;刀砍槍刺,亦不能入。蠻兵皆使利刀 鋼叉,蜀兵如何抵當,盡皆敗走。蠻兵不趕而回。魏延復回,趕到桃花渡口,只見蠻兵 帶甲渡水而去;內有睏乏者,將甲脫下,放在水面,以身坐其上而渡。

魏延急回大寨,來稟孔明,細言其事。孔明請呂凱並土人問之。凱曰:「某素聞南蠻中有一烏戈國,無人倫者也。更有籐甲護身,急切難傷。又有桃葉惡水,本國人飲之,反添精神;別國人飲之即死:如此蠻方,縱使全勝,有何益焉?不如班師早回。」孔明笑曰:「吾非容易到此,豈可便去!吾明日自有平蠻之策。」於是令趙雲助魏延守寨,且休輕出。

47 Next day the army of Shu marched out to the attack and were arrayed at the entrance to the Silver Pit Ravine. The Mang soldiers went into the ravine and told their king. Mu Lu, thinking himself perfectly invincible, did not hesitate, but marched out, taking Meng Huo with him. Zhuge Liang, dressed in the simple robe of a Daoist, went out in his light chariot. In his hand he held a feather fan. Meng Huo, who recognized his enemy, pointed him out to Mu Lu.

48 "That is Zhuge Liang in that small chariot. If we can only capture him, our task is done."

49 Then Mu Lu began to mutter his spells and to ring his bell. As before, the wind got up and blew with violence, and the wild beasts came on.

50 But at a wave of the simple feather fan, lo! the wind turned and blew the other way. Then from out of the host of Shu there burst the horrible wild beasts. The real wild beasts of the Mang saw rushing down upon them huge creatures, whose mouths vomited flames and whose nostrils breathed out black smoke. They came along with jingling bells, snapping and clawing, and the real beasts turned tail and fled in among the host of their own side, trampling them down as they sped. Zhuge Liang gave the signal for a general onset, and his troops rushed forward with beating drums and blaring trumpets. Mu Lu was killed in the melee. Meng Huo's whole clan fled in panic and tore up among the hills out of the way. And thus the Silver Pit Ravine was taken.

51 Next day, as Zhuge Liang was telling off parties to search for and capture the King, it was announced that the brother-in-law of Meng Huo, Chief Dai Lai, having vainly tried to persuade the King to yield, had made prisoners of him and his wife and all his clan and were bringing them to Zhuge Liang.

52 Hearing this, Zhang Ni and Ma Zheng were called and received certain orders, upon which they hid themselves in the wings of the tent with a large body of sturdy warriors. This done, Zhuge Liang ordered the keepers to open the gates, and in came Chief Dai Lai with Meng Huo and his people in custody.

53 As Dai Lai bowed at the entrance of the hall, Zhuge Liang called out, "Let my strong captors appear!"

54 At once out came the hidden men, and every two of them laid hands upon a prisoner and bound him.

55 "Did you think your paltry ruse would deceive me?" said Zhuge Liang. "Here you are a second time captured by your own people and brought before me that you might surrender. The first time I did not hurt you. But now I firmly believe this surrender is part of a plot to kill me."

56 Then he called out to his guards to search the prisoners. They did so, and on every man they found a sharp knife.

57 "Did you not say that if your family were taken prisoners you would yield? How now?" said Zhuge Liang.

58 "We have come of our own will and at the risk of our lives. The credit is not yours. Still I refuse to yield," replied Meng Huo.

59 "This is the sixth time I have captured you, and yet you are obstinate. What do you expect?"

60 "If you take me a seventh time, then I will turn to you and never rebel again."

61 "Well, your stronghold is now destroyed. What have I to fear?" said Zhuge Liang.

62 He ordered the bonds to be loosed, saying, "If you are caught again and lie to me once more, I shall certainly not be inclined to let you off."

63 Meng Huo and his people put their hands over their heads and ran off like rats.

64 The defeated Mangs who had fled were of thousands, and more than half of them were wounded. They fell in with their King, who restored what order was possible and felt glad that he had still some leaders left. Then he and the Chief Dai Lai took counsel together.

65 "Whither can we go?" said Meng Huo. "Our stronghold is in the hands of the enemy."

66 Dai Lai replied, "There is but one country that can overcome these troops. That is the Wuguo Kingdom. It lies two hundred miles to the southeast. The King of that state is named Wutu Gu. He is a giant of twelve spans. He does not eat grain, but lives on serpents and venomous beasts. He wears scaly armor, which is impenetrable to swords and arrows. His warriors wear rattan armor. This rattan grows in gullies, climbing over rocks and walls. The inhabitants cut the rattans and steep them in oil for half a year. Then they are dried in the sun. When dry they are steeped again, and so on many times. Then they are plaited into helmets and armor. Clad in this, the men float across rivers, and it does not get wet. No weapon can penetrate it. The soldiers are called the Rattan Army. You may seek aid from this king, and with his help you can take Zhuge Liang as easily as a sharp knife cleaves a bamboo."

67 Meng Huo went to the Wuguo Kingdom and saw the King. The people of this country do not live in houses, but dwell in caves. Meng Huo told the story of his woes.

68 And King Wutu Gu said, “I shall muster all my men to avenge you.”

69 Meng Huo bowed low and expressed great gratitude.

70 Wutu Gu called up two generals named Xi Ni and Tu An and gave them thirty thousand of the rattan-armored soldiers and bade them march northeast.

71 They came to a river called the River of Peach Flowers, on both banks of which grow many peach trees. Year after year the leaves of these trees fall into the river and render it poisonous to all but the natives. But to the natives it is a stimulant which doubles their vigor. They camped on the bank of this river to await the coming of the army of Shu.

72 Now Zhuge Liang was informed of the journey of Meng Huo and its results, and he knew when the rattan-clad army camped at the ford. He also knew that Meng Huo had collected all the soldiers of his own that he could help. Zhuge Liang at once marched to the ford. He questioned the natives, and they told him that the peach leaves were falling and the water of the river was undrinkable. So he retired two miles and camped. Only Wei Yan was left to hold the bank of the River of Peach Flowers.

73 Next day Wutu Gu led the Wuguo warriors across the stream, and, with a rolling of drums, Wei Yan went out to meet them. The Wuguo men poured forth. The soldiers of Shu shot at them, but neither arrows nor bolts penetrated their armors; they rolled off harmless. Nor could swords cut or spears enter. The enemy, thus protected and armed with big swords and prongs, were too much for the troops of Shu, who had to run away. However, they were not pursued. When, on the retreat, they came to the Peach Flowers Ford, they saw the Mangs crossing as if walking on the water. Some of them were tired, so they took off their rattan breastplates, sat upon them and floated to the other side.
74 When Zhuge Liang heard the report of his general, he summoned Lu Kai and called in some natives.

75 Lu Kai said, "I have heard of the Wuguo Kingdom as perfectly tribal among the Mang nations. I have also heard of the rattan armor, which can withstand all thrusts, and the harmful River of Peach Flowers. The Southern Mangs are so untameable that victory will mean little. We would rather retreat."

76 "No, no," said Zhuge Liang merrily, "we have had too much difficulty in getting here to go back so easily. I shall have a counter-plan for these people tomorrow."

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,