삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 091-05 출사표

分撥已定,又檄李嚴等守川口,以拒東吳。選定建興五年春三月丙寅日出師伐魏。忽帳下一老將厲聲而進曰:「我雖年邁,尚有廉頗之勇,馬援之雄。此二古人皆不服老,何故不用我耶?」衆視之,乃趙雲也。

孔明曰:「吾自平南回都,馬孟起病故,吾甚惜之,以為折一臂也。今將軍年紀已高,倘稍有參差,動搖一世英名,減卻蜀中銳氣。」雲厲聲曰:「吾自隨先帝以來,臨陣不退,遇敵則先。大丈夫得死於疆場者,幸也,吾何恨焉?願為前部先鋒!」孔明再三苦勸不住。雲曰:「如不教我為先鋒,就撞死於階下!」孔明曰:「將軍既要為先鋒,須得一人同去。」

言未盡,一人應曰:「某雖不才,願助老將軍先引一軍,前去破敵。」孔明視之,乃鄧芝也。孔明大喜,即撥精兵五千,副將十員,隨趙雲、鄧芝去訖。孔明出師,後主引百官送於北門外十里。孔明辭了後主,旌旗蔽野,戈戟如林,率軍望漢中迤邐進發。

卻說邊庭探知此事,報入洛陽。是日,曹叡設朝,近臣奏曰:「邊官報稱:諸葛亮率領大兵三十餘萬,出屯漢中,令趙雲、鄧芝為前部先鋒,引兵入境。」叡大驚,問群臣曰:「誰可為將,以退蜀兵?」忽一人應聲而出曰:「臣父死於漢中,切齒之恨,未嘗得報。今蜀兵犯境,臣願引本部猛將,更乞陛下賜關西之兵,前往破蜀,上為國家效力,下報父讐,臣萬死不恨!」

衆視之,乃夏侯淵之子夏侯楙也。楙字子休,其性最急又最吝。自幼嗣與夏侯惇為子。後夏侯淵為黃忠所斬,曹操憐之,以女清河公主招楙為駙馬,因此朝中欽敬。雖掌兵權,未嘗臨陣。當時自請出征,曹叡即命為大都督,調關西諸路軍馬前去迎敵。

司徒王朗諫曰:「不可。夏侯駙馬素不曾經戰,今付以大任,非其所宜。更兼諸葛亮足智多謀,深通鞱略,不可輕敵。」夏侯楙叱曰:「司徒莫非結連諸葛亮欲為內應耶?吾自幼從父學習韜略,深通兵法,汝何欺我年幼?吾若不生擒諸葛亮,誓不回見天子!」王朗等皆不敢言。

夏侯楙辭了魏主,星夜到長安,調關西諸路軍馬二十餘萬,來敵孔明。正是:

欲秉白旄摩將士,
卻教黃吻掌兵權。

未知勝負如何,且看下文分解。

96 All being ready, a day was chosen for the start: The fifth year, the third month, on the day of "tiger".

97 After the appointments had all been made, there came forward a veteran who had listened in vain for the duty assigned him.

98 "Old I may be," said he, "yet have I still the valor of Lian Po and the heroism of Ma Yuan. Why am I thought useless any more than these two who refused to acknowledge old age?"

99 It was Zhao Zilong.

100 Zhuge Liang said, "I have lost my friend Ma Chao by illness since I returned from the Southern Expedition, and I feel as I had lost an arm. Now, General, you must own that the years are mounting up. Any slight lapse would not only shake the life-long reputation of yourself, but might have a bad effect on the whole army."

101 Zhao Zilong replied bitterly, "I have never quailed in the presence of the enemy from the day I first joined the First Ruler. I have ever pressed to the front. It is a happy ending for a person of valor to die on the frontier. Think you that I should resent it? Let me lead the van, I pray."

102 Zhuge Liang used all his skill to dissuade the veteran, but in vain.

103 Zhao Zilong was set on it, saying, “If you, O Prime Minister, do not let me lead the van, I will smash my head on the floor and die at your feet.”

104 At last Zhuge Liang yielded, saying, “General, you can have the post of Van Leader, but you must choose a colleague to support you.”

105 "I will go to help the Veteran Leader!" cried Deng Zhi, without a moment's hesitation. "I am not worth much, but I will help lead the attack on the enemy."

106 Accordingly five thousand of veterans were chosen for the advanced guard, and with them, to assist Zhao Zilong, went Deng Zhi and ten other generals.

107 After the vanguard had set out, the main body marched by the north gate, the Latter Ruler himself going to see his minister start. The farewell was taken three miles from the gate, in the face of the grand army with its banners and pennons flaunting in the wind, and spears and swords gleaming in the sun.

108 Then they took the road leading to Hanzhong.

109 Naturally, this movement was duly reported in Luoyang at a court held by Cao Rui, when a minister said, "A report from the border stations says that Zhuge Liang has marched three hundred thousand troops into Hanzhong. Zhao Zilong and Deng Zhi are leading the advanced guard."

110 The report alarmed Cao Rui, and he asked, "Who can lead an army to repel the advance?"

111 At once out spoke one, saying, "My father died in Hanzhong, and to my bitter resentment his death is unavenged. Now I desire to lead the army against Shu, and I pray that the armies west of the Pass may be given me for this purpose. I shall render a service to the state, as well as taking vengeance for my father. I care not what fate may befall me."

112 The speaker was Xiahou Yuan's son, Xiahou Mao. He was by nature very impulsive and also very miserly. When young he had been adopted by Xiahou Dun. When Xiahou Yuan was killed by Huang Zhong, Cao Cao was moved and married Xiahou Mao to one of his daughters, Princess Qinghe, so that he was an Imperial Son-in-Law. As such he enjoyed great deference at court. But although he held a military commission, he had never been with the army. However, as he requested the command, he was made Commander-in-Chief of the western armies and was ready to march.

113 But Minister of the Interior Wang Lang spoke against the appointment, saying, "The appointment is wrong. Xiahou Mao, the Son-in-Law, has never seen a battle and is unsuitable for this post, especially when his opponent is the clever and crafty Zhuge Liang, a man thoroughly versed in strategy."

114 "I suppose you have arranged with Zhuge Liang to be his ally," sneered Xiahou Mao. "Ever since I was a boy, I have studied strategy, and I am well acquainted with army matters. Why do you despise my youth? Unless I capture this Zhuge Liang, I pledge myself never again to see the Emperor's face."

115 Wang Lang and his supporters were silenced. Xiahou Mao took leave of the Ruler of Wei and hastened to Changan to get his army in order. He had two hundred thousand troops from the western areas.

116 He would go to battle, take the signal flags in grip, 
But could he play the leader, he a lad with callow lip?

117 The next chapter will deal with this campaign.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,