삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 092-02 조자룡의 노익장

鄧芝見趙雲大勝,率蜀兵掩殺,西涼兵大敗而走。韓德險被趙雲擒住,棄甲步行而逃。趙雲與鄧芝收軍回寨。芝賀曰:「將軍壽已七旬,英勇如昨。今日陣前力斬四將,世所罕有!」雲曰:「丞相以吾年邁,不肯見用,故聊以自表耳。」遂差人解韓瑤,申報捷書,以達孔明。

卻說韓德引敗軍回見夏侯楙,哭其事。楙自統兵來迎趙雲。探馬報入蜀寨,說夏侯楙引兵到。雲綽鎗上馬,引千餘軍,就鳳鳴山前擺成陣勢。

當日夏侯楙戴金盔,坐白馬,手提大砍刀,立在門旗之下。見趙雲躍馬挺鎗,往來馳騁,楙欲自戰。韓德曰:「殺吾四子之讎,如何不報!」縱馬輪開山大斧,直取趙雲。雲奮怒挺鎗來迎;戰不三合,鎗起處,刺死韓德於馬下,急撥馬直取夏侯楙。楙慌忙閃入本陣。鄧芝驅兵掩殺,魏兵又折一陣,退十餘里下寨。

楙連夜與眾將商議曰:「吾久聞趙雲之名,未嘗見面;今日年老,英雄尚在,方信當陽長坂之事。似此無人可敵,如之奈何?」參軍程武乃程昱之子也,進言曰:「某料趙雲有勇無謀,不足為慮。來日都督再引兵出,先伏兩軍於左右;都督臨陣先退,誘趙雲到伏兵處,都督卻登山指揮四面軍馬,重疊圍住,雲可擒矣。」楙從其言,遂遣董禧引三萬軍伏於左,薛則引三萬軍伏於右:二人埋伏已定。

次日,夏侯楙復整金鼓旗旛,率兵而進。趙雲、鄧芝出迎。芝在馬上謂趙雲曰:「昨夜魏兵大敗而走,今日復來,必有詐也,老將軍防之。」子龍曰:「量此乳臭小兒,何足道哉!吾今日必當擒之!」便躍馬而出,魏將潘遂出迎,戰不三合,撥馬便走。趙雲趕去,魏陣中八員將一齊來迎。放過夏侯楙先走,八將陸續奔走。趙雲乘勢追殺,鄧芝引兵繼進。趙雲深入重地,只聽得四面喊聲大震。鄧芝急收軍退回,左有董禧,右有薛則,兩路兵殺到。鄧芝兵少,不能解救。趙雲被困在垓心,東衝西突,魏兵越厚。

時雲手下止有千餘人,殺到山坡之下,只見夏侯楙在山上指揮三軍。趙雲投東則望東指,投西則望西指:因此趙雲不能突圍,乃引兵欲上山來。半山中擂木砲石打將下來,不能上山。趙雲從辰時殺至酉時,不能得走出,只得下馬少歇,且待月明再戰。卻纔卸甲而坐。

月光方出,忽四下火光沖天,鼓聲大震,矢石如雨,魏兵殺到,皆叫曰:「趙雲早降!」雲急上馬迎敵、四面軍馬漸漸逼近,八方弩箭交射甚急,人馬皆不能向前。雲仰天歎曰:「吾不服老,死於此地矣!」忽東北角上喊聲大起,魏兵紛紛亂竄。一彪軍殺到,為首大將持丈八點鋼矛,馬項下掛一顆人頭。

17 Seeing the successful battle that Zhao Zilong was waging, Deng Zhi led on his troops to join in the fight. This completed the discomfiture of the Xiliang army, and they ran away. Han De, seeing the danger of being captured, threw off his armor and went on foot. The soldiers of Shu drew off and returned to their camp.

18 In camp Deng Zhi felicitated his veteran colleague.

19 "For a man of seventy years, you are unique and wonderful," said he. "You are as much the hero as you ever were. It is almost an incomparable feat to have slain four generals in one day."

20 "Yet the Prime Minister thought me too old and did not wish to employ me. I had to give him a proof."

21 The captive Han Yao was sent to the main body with the messenger who bore an account of the victory.

22 In the meantime, Han De led his defeated army back to his chief, to whom he related his sad story with many tears. Then Xiahou Mao got angry and decided to lead his own army out against Zhao Zilong.

23 When the scouts reported his coming, Zhao Zilong took his spear and mounted his steed. He led one thousand troops out to Phoenix Song Mountain, at the foot of which he made his array. Xiahou Mao was wearing a golden casque, riding a white horse, and carrying a huge sword. From his place beneath the great standard, he saw Zhao Zilong galloping to and fro. He was going out to give battle, when Han De checked him.

24 "Is it not mine to avenge my four sons?" said Han De.

25 Han De seized his mountain-splitter ax, and rode directly at the warrior, who advanced with fury. The contest was but short, for in the third encounter Zhao Zilong's spear thrust brought Han De to the earth. Without waiting a moment he made for Xiahou Mao, who hastily dashed in behind his ranks and so escaped. Then Deng Zhi led on the main body and completed the victory. The force of Wei retired three miles and made a camp.

26 This first battle having gone against him, Xiahou Mao called his officers to consult.

27 He said, "I have heard Zhao Zilong long ago, but have never met face-to-face. Now though that warrior is old, he still has incredible prowess. The story of Dangyang where he alone fought against a whole host and came out victor is really not fabricated. But what to be done against such a champion?"

28 Then Cheng Wu, son of Cheng Yu, said, "My opinion is that this Zhao Zilong, though brave in the field, is lacking in the council chamber. Really he is not greatly to be feared. Give battle again soon, but first prepare a two-pronged ambush. You can retreat and so draw him into it. Then go up on the hill top and direct the attack from that point of vantage so that he may be hemmed in on all sides and be captured."

29 The necessary plans for this were made, and two parties of thirty thousand each, led by Dong Xin and Xue Ze, went into ambush right and left. The ambush laid, Xiahou Mao advanced once more to attack, drums rolling and flags flying. As soon as he appeared, Zhao Zilong and Deng Zhi went to meet him.

30 Deng Zhi said, "The army of Wei were beaten only yesterday. This renewed attempt must mean that they are trying some trick. You should be cautious, General."

31 "I do not think this youth, with the smell of mother's milk still on his lips, worth talking about. We shall surely capture him today."

32 Zhao Zilong pranced out, and Pan Sui came to meet him from the side of Wei. But Pan Sui made no stand and quickly ran away. Zhao Zilong plunged in to try to capture Xiahou Mao. Then there came out to stop him no less than eight generals of Wei, all of whom passed in front of Xiahou Mao. But one by one they too fled. Zhao Zilong pressed forward at full speed, Deng Zhi coming up behind.

33 When Zhao Zilong had got deeply involved, with the battle raging all around him, Deng Zhi decided to retire. This was the signal for the ambush to come out, Dong Xin from the right and Xue Ze from the left. Deng Zhi was so hampered that he could not attempt to rescue his colleague. Zhao Zilong was thus entirely surrounded. However, he struggled on, losing men at every dash, till he had but one thousand troops left. He was then at the foot of the hill whence Xiahou Mao was directing operations, and observing his enemy from this point of vantage, Xiahou Mao sent troops to check Zhao Zilong whithersoever he went. Zhao Zilong decided to charge up the hill, but was stopped by rolling bulks of timber and tumbling rocks.

34 The battle had lasted long, and Zhao Zilong was fatigued. So he halted to rest a time, intending to renew the struggle when the moon should be up. But just as he had taken off his armor the moon rose and, with it, his enemies began to attack with fire as well, and the thunder of the drums was accompanied by showers of stones and arrows.

35 The oncoming host shouted, "Zhao Zilong! Why don't dismount and be bound?"

36 However, Zhao Zilong did not think of that, but got upon his steed to strive once more to extricate himself. And his enemies pressed closer and closer, pouring in flights and flights of arrows. No advance was possible, and the end seemed very near.

37 "I refused the repose of age," sighed he, "and now my end will come to me here!"

38 Just then he heard new shouting from the northeast, and the array of Wei became disordered. 

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,