삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 094-03 돌아온 사마중달

卻說魏主曹叡設朝,近臣奏曰:「大都督曹真,數敗於蜀,折了兩個先鋒,羌兵又折了無數,其勢甚急。今上表求救,請陛下裁處。」叡大驚,急問退軍之策。華歆奏曰:「須是陛下御駕親征,大會諸侯,人皆用命,方可退也。不然,長安有失,關中危矣。」太傅鍾繇奏曰:「凡為將者,知過於人,則能制人。孫子云:『知彼知己,百戰百勝。』臣量曹真雖久用兵,非諸葛亮對手。臣以全家良賤保舉一人,可退蜀兵。未知聖意准否?」叡曰:「卿乃大老元臣;有何賢士,可退蜀兵,早召來與朕分憂。」鍾繇奏曰:「向者,諸葛亮欲興師犯境,但懼此人,故散流言,使陛下疑而去之,方敢長驅大進。今若復用之,則亮自退矣。」叡問何人。繇曰:「驃騎大將軍司馬懿也。」叡歎曰:「此事朕亦悔之。今仲達現在何地?」繇曰:「近聞仲達在宛城閒住。」叡即降詔,遣使持節,復司馬懿官職,加為平西都督,就起南陽諸路軍馬,前赴長安。叡御駕親征,令司馬懿剋日到彼聚會。使命星夜到宛城去了。

卻說孔明自出師以來,累獲全勝,心中甚喜;正在祁山寨中,會聚議事,忽報鎮守永安宮李嚴令子李豐來見。孔明只道東吳犯境,心甚驚疑,喚入帳中問之。豐曰:「特來報喜。」孔明曰:「有何喜?」豐曰:「昔日孟達降魏,乃不得已也。彼時曹丕愛其才,時以駿馬金珠賜之,曾同輦出入,封為散騎常侍,領新城太守,鎮守上庸、金城等處,委以西南之任。自丕死後,曹叡即位,朝中多人嫉(左女右石),孟達日夜不安,常謂諸將曰:『吾本蜀將,勢逼於此。』今累差心腹人,持書來見家父,教早晚代稟丞相:前者五路下川之時,曾有此意;今在新城,聽知丞相伐魏,欲起金城、新城、上庸三處軍馬,就彼舉事,逕取洛陽;丞相取長安,兩京大定矣。今某引來人并累次書信呈上。」孔明大喜,厚賞李豐等。忽細作入報說:「魏主曹叡,一面駕幸長安;一面詔司馬懿復職,加為平西都督,起本處之兵,於長安聚會。」孔明大驚。參軍馬謖曰:「量曹叡何足道!若來長安,可就而擒之。丞相何故驚訝?」孔明曰:「吾豈懼曹叡耶?所患者惟司馬懿一人而已。今孟達欲舉大事,若遇司馬懿,事必敗矣。達非司馬懿對手,必被所擒。孟達若死,中原不易得也。」馬謖曰:「何不急修書,令孟達隄防?」孔明從之,即修書令來人星夜回報孟達。

51 At the court of Wei one of the ministers told the story, saying, "Cao Zhen has been defeated repeatedly, and his two Van Leaders were slain. Further, his Qiang allies have suffered great loss. Cao Zhen is sending for help, and the case is very urgent."

52 Cao Rui was alarmed and asked for someone to say how to drive off the victorious foe.

53 Thereupon Hua Xin said, "It will be necessary for Your Majesty to go in person. You should call together all the nobles, and each will have to exert himself. Unless this is done, Capital Changan will be lost and the whole Land Within the Passes be in danger."

54 But Imperial Guardian Zhong Yao opposed him.

55 Said he, "The knowledge of every leader must exceed that of those led; then only will he be able to control them. Sun Zi the Strategist sums it up very briefly: 'Know the enemy, know thyself, and every battle is a victory.' I know Cao Zhen has had great experience in the field, but he is no match for Zhuge Liang. Still there is such a match, and I will pledge my whole family that he will succeed. But Your Majesty may be unwilling to listen to me."

56 The Ruler of Wei replied, "You are a minister of high rank and old. If you know any wise person able to repel these soldiers of Shu, call him without delay and ease my mind."

57 Then said Zhong Yao, "When Zhuge Liang decided to invade us, he was afraid of the one man I will name. Wherefore he spread calumnies concerning him, raising suspicion in Your Majesty's mind that you might dismiss him. That done, Zhuge Liang invaded. Now employ this man again, and the enemy will retire."

58 "Who is it?" asked the Ruler of Wei.

59 "I mean the Imperial Commander of the Flying Cavalry, Sima Yi."

60 "I have long regretted my action," said Cao Rui. "Where now is friend Sima Yi?"

61 "He is at the city of Wancheng, idle."

62 An edict was prepared recalling Sima Yi and restoring him to his rank and titles, and conferring upon him the new title Commander-in-Chief of the Western Forces and General Who Pacifies the West. All troops of Nanyang were set in motion, and Cao Rui led them to Changan. At the same time Cao Rui ordered Sima Yi to be there to meet him on a certain day. And the orders were sent by a swift messenger to the city of Wancheng.

63 At this time Zhuge Liang greatly rejoiced at the success he had had. He was at Qishan, busy with plans for other victories, when Li Yan, who was in command at the Palace of Eternal Peace, sent his son Li Teng to the camp. Zhuge Liang concluded that such a visit could only mean that Wu had invaded them, and he was in consequence cast down. However, he summoned Li Teng to his tent, and when asked the object of his mission, Li Teng replied that he had joyful news to impart.

64 "What is your joyful news?" said Zhuge Liang.

65 "Formerly Meng Da deserted to Wei, but only because he could do nothing else. Cao Pi thought much of his capabilities, treated him most generously, kept him at his side, gave him titles of General Who Establishes Strong Arms and Lord of Pingyang, and appointed him to the posts of Governor of Xincheng and Commander of Shangyong and Jincheng, and so on. But when Cao Pi died, all was changed. In Cao Rui's court were many who were jealous of Meng Da's influence and power, so that he enjoyed no peace.

66 "He used to talk about being originally one of the Shu leaders, and he was forced to do so-and-so. Lately he has sent several confidants with letters to my father asking that he would state his case to you as to the happenings. When the five armies came upon Shu, he wanted to rejoin the River Lands. Now he is at Xincheng, and, hearing you are attacking Wei, he proposes to lead the army of the three counties about Xincheng, Jincheng, and Shangyong to attack Luoyang while you attack Changan, whereby both capitals will be taken. I have brought with me his messenger and his letters."

67 This was good news, and the bearer was fittingly rewarded. But at that moment came the news that Cao Rui was leading an army to Changan and had recalled the banished Sima Yi to office. This piece of bad news saddened Zhuge Liang not a little.

68 He told Ma Su, who said, "Cao Rui should not be your worry. If he goes to Changan, we will march there and capture him on the road, and there will be an end of him."

69 "Do you think I fear him?" said Zhuge Liang bitterly. "But the recall of Sima Yi is another matter; that troubles me. And Meng Da's proposal will avail nothing if he comes across this man. Meng Da is no match for him. He will he captured, and, if he should be, the Middle Land will be hard to conquer."

70 "Why not put Meng Da on his guard then?" said Ma Su.

71 Zhuge Liang decided to write, and the letter was dispatched immediately.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,