삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 095-04 거문고를 타는 제갈공명

卻說孔明自令馬謖等守街亭去後,猶豫不定。忽王平使人送圖本至。孔明喚入,左右呈上圖本。孔明就文几上拆開視之,拍案大驚曰:「馬謖無知,坑陷吾軍矣!」左右問曰:「丞相何故失驚?」孔明曰:「吾觀此圖本,失卻要路,占山為寨。倘魏兵大至,四面圍合,斷汲水道路,不須二日,軍自亂矣。若街亭有失,吾等安歸?」長史楊儀進曰:「某雖不才,願替馬幼常回。」孔明將安營之法,一一分付與楊儀。正待要行,忽報馬到來,說:「街亭、列柳城,盡皆失了!」孔明跌足長歎曰:「大事去矣!此吾之過也!」急喚關興、張苞分付曰:「汝二人各引三千精兵,投武功山小路而行。如遇魏兵,不可大擊,只鼓譟吶喊,為疑兵驚之。彼當自走,亦不可追。待軍退盡,便投陽平關去。」又令張翼先引軍去修理劍閣,以備歸路。又密傳號令,教大軍暗暗收拾行裝,以備起程。又令馬岱、姜維斷後,先伏於山谷中,待諸軍退盡,方始收兵。又令心腹人,分路與天水、南安、安定三郡官吏軍民,皆入漢中。又令心腹人到冀縣搬取姜維老母,送入漢中。

孔明分撥已定,先引五千兵去西城縣搬運糧草。忽然十餘次飛馬報到,說司馬懿引大軍十五萬,望西城蜂擁而來。時孔明身邊並無大將,只有一班文官,所引五千軍,已分一半先運糧草去了,只剩二千五百軍在城中。眾官聽得這個消息,盡皆失色。孔明登城望之,果然塵土沖天,魏兵分兩路望西城縣殺來。孔明傳令,教將旌旗盡皆藏匿;諸將各守城鋪,如有妄行出入,及高聲言語者,立斬;大開四門,每一門上用二十軍士,扮作百姓,洒掃街道,如魏兵到時,不可擅動,吾自有計。孔明乃披鶴氅,戴綸巾,引二小童攜琴一張,於城上敵樓前,憑欄而坐,焚香操琴。

卻說司馬懿前軍哨到城下,見了如此模樣,皆不敢進,急報與司馬懿,懿笑而不信,遂止住三軍,自飛馬遠遠望之。果見孔明坐於城樓之上,笑容可掬,傍若無人焚香操琴。左有一童子,手捧寶劍;右有一童子,手執麈尾。城門內外有二十餘名百姓,低頭洒掃,旁若無人。

懿看畢大疑,便到中軍,教後軍作前軍,前軍作後軍,望北山路而退。次子司馬昭曰:「莫非諸葛亮無軍,故作此態?父親何便退兵?懿曰:「亮平生謹慎,不曾弄險。今大開城門,必有埋伏。我兵若進,中其計也。汝輩豈知?宜速退。」於是兩路兵盡退去。孔明見魏軍遠去,撫掌而笑。眾官無不駭然。乃問孔明曰:「司馬懿乃魏之名將,今統十五萬精兵到此,見了丞相,便速退去,何也?」孔明曰:「此人料吾平生謹慎,必不弄險;見如此模樣,疑有伏兵,所以退去。吾非行險,蓋因不得已而用之。此人必引軍投山北小路去也。吾已令興、苞二人在彼等候。」

眾皆驚服曰:「丞相之玄機,神鬼莫測。若某等之見,必棄城而走矣。」孔明曰:「吾兵止有二千五百,若棄城而走,必不能遠遁。得不為司馬懿所擒乎?」後人有詩讚曰:

瑤琴三尺勝雄師,
諸葛西城退敵時。
十五萬人回馬處,
後人指點到今疑。

91 After Zhuge Liang had sent Ma Su to guard Jieting, his mind was constantly disturbed. Then arrived the messenger with the topography and plan prepared by Wang Ping. Zhuge Liang went over to his table and opened the letter. As he read it he smote the table in wrath.

92 "Ma Su's foolishness has destroyed the army!" he cried.

93 "Why are you so disturbed, O Prime Minister?" asked those near.

94 "By this plan I see that we have lost command of an important road. The camp has been made on the hill. If the Wei army come in force, our army will be surrounded and their water supply interrupted. In two days the soldiers will be in a state of mutiny. If Jieting shall be lost, how shall we be able to retire?"

95 Here High Counselor Yang Yi said, "I am none too clever I know, but let me go to replace Ma Su."

96 Zhuge Liang explained to Yang Yi how and where to camp; but before he could start, a horseman brought the news of the loss of Jieting and Liliu.

97 This made Zhuge Liang very sad, and he sighed, saying, "The whole scheme has come to nought, and it is my fault."

98 Zhuge Liang sent for Guan Xing and Zhang Bao, and said, "Each of you takes three thousand of good soldiers and go along the road to Wugong Hills. If you fall in with the enemy, do not fight, but beat drums and raise a hubbub and make them hesitate and be doubtful, so that they may retire. Do not pursue, but when they retire, make for Yangping Pass."

99 He also sent Zhang Yi to put Saber Pass in order for retreat and issued instructions for making ready to march. Ma Dai and Jiang Wei were told to guard the rear, but they were to go into ambush in the valleys till the whole army would have retreated. Trusty messengers were sent with the news to Tianshui, Nanan, and Anding that the officers, army, and people might go away into Hanzhong. He also sent to remove to a place of safety in Hanzhong the aged mother of Jiang Wei.

100 All these arrangements made, Zhuge Liang took five thousand troops and set out for Xicheng to remove the stores.

101 But messenger after messenger, more than ten of them, came to report: "Sima Yi is advancing rapidly on Xicheng with an army of one hundred fifty thousand troops."

102 No leader of rank was left to Zhuge Liang. He had only the civil officials and the five thousand soldiers, and as half this force had started to remove the stores, he had only two thousand five hundred left.

103 His officers were all frightened at the news of near approach of the enemy. Zhuge Liang himself went up on the rampart to look around. He saw clouds of dust rising into the sky. The Wei armies were nearing Xicheng along two roads.

104 Then he gave orders: "All the banners are to be removed and concealed. If any officer in command of soldiers in the city moves or makes any noise, he will be instantly put to death."

105 Next he threw open all the gates and set twenty soldiers dressed as ordinary people cleaning the streets at each gate. He told them not to react at the coming of the Wei army, as he had a plan ready for the city defense.

106 When all these preparations were complete, he donned the simple Daoist dress and, attended by a couple of lads, sat down on the wall by one of the towers with his lute before him and a stick of incense burning.

107 Sima Yi's scouts came near the city gate and saw all this. They did not enter the city, but went back and reported what they had seen. Sima Yi smiled incredulously. But he halted his army and rode ahead himself. Lo! It was exactly as the scouts had reported: Zhuge Liang sat there, his face with all smiles as he played the lute. A lad stood on one side of him bearing a treasured sword and on the other a boy with the ordinary symbol of authority, a yak's tail. Just inside the gates a score of persons with their heads down were sweeping as if no one was about.

108 Sima Yi hardly believed his eyes and thought this meant some peculiarly subtle ruse. So he went back to his armies, faced them about and moved toward the hills on the north.

109 "I am certain there are no soldiers behind this foolery," said Sima Zhao. "What do you retire for, Father?"

110 Sima Yi replied, "Zhuge Liang is always most careful and runs no risks. Those open gates undoubtedly mean an ambush. If our force enter the city, they will fall victims to his guile. How can you know? No, our course is to retire."

111 Thus were the two armies turned back from the city, much to the joy of Zhuge Liang, who laughed and clapped his hands as he saw them hastening away.

112 The officials gasped with astonishment, and they asked, "Sima Yi is a famous general of Wei, and he was leading one hundred fifty thousand troops. By what reason did he march off at the sight of you, O Prime Minister?"

113 Zhuge Liang said, "He knows my reputation for carefulness and that I play not with danger. Seeing things as they were made him suspect an ambush, and so he turned away. I do not run risks, but this time there was no help for it. Now he will meet with Guan Xing and Zhang Bao, whom I sent away into the hills to wait for him."

114 They were still in the grip of fear, but they praised the depth of insight of their chief and his mysterious schemes and unfathomable plans.

115 "We should simply have run away," said they.

116 "What could we have done with two thousand five hundred soldiers even if we had run? We should not have gone far before being caught," said Zhuge Liang.

117 Quite open lay the city to the foe, 
But Zhuge Liang's lute of jasper wonders wrought; 
It turned aside the legions' onward march 
For both the leaders guessed the other's thought.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,