삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 099-02 공명과 중달

二人受計引兵而去。戴陵在左。張郃在右,各取小路進發,深入蜀兵之後。三更時分,來到大路,兩軍相遇,合兵一處,卻從蜀兵背後殺來。行不到三十里,前軍不行。張、戴二人自縱馬視之,只見數百輛草車,橫截去路。郃曰:「此必有準備。可急取路而回。」

纏傳令退兵,只見滿山火光齊明,鼓聲大震,伏兵四下皆出,把二人圍住。孔明在祁山上大叫曰:「戴陵、張郃可聽吾言。司馬懿料吾往武都、陰平撫民,不在營中,故令汝二人來劫吾寨,卻中吾之計也。汝二人乃無名下將,吾不殺害,下馬早降!」郃大怒,指孔明而罵曰:「汝乃山野村夫,侵吾大國境界,如何敢發此言!吾若捉住汝時,碎屍萬段!」

言訖,縱馬挺鎗,殺上山來。山上矢石如雨。郃不能上山,乃拍馬舞槍,衝出重圍,無人敢當。蜀兵困戴陵在垓心。郃殺出,不見戴陵,即奮勇翻身又殺入重圍,救出戴陵而回。孔明在山上,見郃在萬軍之中,往來衝突。英勇倍加,乃謂左右曰:「吾當聞張翼德大戰張郃,人皆驚懼。吾今日見之,方知其勇也。若留下此人,必為蜀中之害。吾當除之。」遂收兵回營。

卻說司馬懿引兵布成陣勢,只待蜀兵亂動,一齊攻之。忽見張郃、戴陵狼狽而來,告曰:「孔明先如此提防,因此大敗而歸。」懿大驚曰:「孔明真神人也!不如且退。」即傳令教大軍盡回本寨,堅守不出。

且說孔明大勝,所得器械、馬匹,不計其數,乃引大軍回寨。每日令魏延挑戰,魏兵不出。一連半月,不曾交戰。孔明正在帳中議事,忽報天子使侍中費禕齊詔至。孔明接入營中,焚香禮畢,開詔讀曰:

街亭之失,咎由馬謖﹔而君引愆,深自貶抑。重違君意,聽順所守。前年耀師,馘斬王雙﹔今歲爰征,郭淮遁走﹔降集氐、羌,復興二郡:威震凶暴,功勛顯然。方今天下騷擾,元惡未梟,君受大任,幹國之重,而久自抑損,非所以光揚洪烈矣。今復君丞相,君其勿辭!
  孔明聽詔畢,謂費禕曰:「吾國事未成,安可復丞相之職?」堅辭不受。禕曰:「丞相若不受職,拂了天子之意,又冷淡了將士之心。宜且權受。」孔明方纔拜受。禕辭去。

孔明見司馬懿不出,思得一計,傳令教各處皆拔寨而起。當有細作報知司馬懿,說孔明退兵了。懿曰:「孔明必有大謀,不可輕動。張郃曰:「此必因糧盡而回,如何不追?」懿曰:「吾料孔明上年大收,今又麥熟,糧草豐足﹔雖然轉運艱難,亦可支吾半載,安肯便走?彼見吾連日不戰,故作此計引誘。可令人遠遠哨之。」

軍士探知,回報說:「孔明離此三十里下寨。」懿曰:「吾料孔明果不走。且堅守寨柵,不可輕進。」住了旬日,絕無音信,並不見蜀將來戰。懿再令人哨探,回報說:「蜀兵已起營去了。」懿未信,乃更換衣服,雜在軍中,親自來看,果見蜀兵又退三十里下寨。懿回營謂張郃曰:「此乃孔明之計也,不可追趕。」

23 These two left, Dai Ling marching on the left and Zhang He on the right. They took by-roads and got well to the rear of the Shu army. In the third watch they struck the high road and joined forces. Then they marched toward the enemy. After about ten miles there was a halt in front. The two leaders galloped up to see what had caused it, and found many straw-carts drawn across the road.

24 "The enemy has been prepared," said Zhang He. "We should return."

25 Just as they ordered the troops to turn about, torches broke into flame all over the hills, the drums rolled, trumpets blared, and soldiers sprang out on every side.

26 At the same time Zhuge Liang shouted from the hill-top, "Dai Ling and Zhang He, listen to my words! Your master reckoned that I should be busy restoring order in the two cities and so should not be in my camp. Wherefore he sent you to take the camp, and you have just fallen into my snare. As you are leaders of no great importance, I shall not harm you. Dismount and yield."

27 Zhang He's wrath blazed forth at this, and he pointed at Zhuge Liang, crying, "You peasant out of the woods, invader of our great country! How dare you use such words to me? Wait till I catch you: I will tear you to shreds!"

28 He galloped forward to ascend the hill, his spear ready for the thrust. But the arrows and stones pelted too quickly. Then he turned and dashed in among the Shu soldiers, scattering them right and left. He got clear, but he saw Dai Ling was not with him. At once he turned back, fought his way to his comrade and brought Dai Ling out safely.

29 Zhuge Liang on the hill-top watched this warrior and saw he was a right doughty fighting man.

30 "I have heard that soldiers stood aghast when Zhang Fei fought his great fight with Zhang He. Now I can judge Zhang He's valor for myself. He will do harm to Shu one day if I spare him. He will have to be removed."

31 Then Zhuge Liang returned to his camp.

32 By this time Sima Yi had completed his battle line and was waiting the moment of disorder in the Shu army to attack. Then he saw Zhang He and Dai Ling come limping back dejected and crestfallen.

33 They said, "Zhuge Liang forestalled us. He was well prepared, and so we were quite defeated."

34 "He is more than human!" exclaimed Sima Yi. "We must retreat."

35 So the whole army retired into the fortified camps and would not come out.

36 Thus a great victory fell to Shu, and their booty was immense: Weapons and horses innumerable. Zhuge Liang led his army back to camp. Thereafter he sent parties to offer a challenge at the gate of the Wei camp every day, but the soldiers remained obstinately behind their shelters and would not appear. When this had continued half a month Zhuge Liang grew sad.

37 Then came Fei Yi from Capital Chengdu with an edict of the Emperor. Fei Yi was received with all respect, and incense was burnt as propriety demanded. This done, the command was unsealed, and Zhuge Liang read:

38 "The failure at Jieting was really due to the fault of Ma Su. However, you held yourself responsible and blamed yourself very severely. It would have been a serious matter for me to have withstood your intentions, and so I did what you insisted on.

39 "However, that was a glorious exploit last year when Wang Shuang was slain. This year, Guo Huai has been driven back and the Qiangs have been reduced; the two counties of Wudu and Yinping have been captured; you have driven fear into the hearts of all evil doers and thus rendered magnificent services.

40 "But the world is in confusion, and the original evil has not been destroyed. You fill a great office, for you direct the affairs of the state. It is not well for you to remain under a cloud for any length of time and cloak your grand virtue, wherefore I restore you to the rank of Prime Minister and pray you not to decline the honor."

41 Zhuge Liang heard the edict to the end and then said, "My task is not yet accomplished. How can I return to my duties as Prime Minister? I must really decline to accept this."

42 Fei Yi said, "If you decline this, you flout the desires of the Emperor and also show contempt for the feelings of the army. At any rate accept for the moment."

43 Then Zhuge Liang humbly bowed acquiescence.

44 Fei Yi took leave and returned.

45 Seeing that Sima Yi remained obstinately on the defensive, Zhuge Liang thought of a plan by which to draw him. He gave orders to break camp and retire.

46 When the scouts told Sima Yi, he said, "We may not move. Certainly there is some deep craftiness in this move."

47 Zhang He said, "It must mean that their food is exhausted. Why not pursue?"

48 "I reckon that Zhuge Liang laid up ample supplies last year. Now the wheat is ripe, and he has plenty of every sort. Transport might be difficult, but yet he could hold out half a year. Why should he run away? He sees that we resolutely refuse battle, and he is trying some ruse to inveigle us into fighting. Send out spies to a distance to see what is going on."

49 They reconnoitered a long way round, and the scouts returned to say that a camp had been formed ten miles away.

50 "Ah, then he is not running away," said Sima Yi. "Remain on the defensive still more strictly and do not advance."

51 Ten days passed without further news; nor did the soldiers of Shu offer the usual challenge. Again spies were sent far afield, and they reported a further retreat of ten miles and a new encampment.

52 "Zhuge Liang is certainly working some scheme," said Sima Yi. "Do not pursue."

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,