삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 099-03 공명과 중달

又住了旬日,再令人哨探。回報說:「蜀兵又退三十里下寨。」郃曰:「孔明用緩兵計,漸退漢中,都督何故懷疑,不早追之?郃願往決一戰!」懿曰:「孔明詭計極多,倘有差失,喪吾軍之銳氣。不可輕進。」郃曰:「某去若敗,甘當軍令。」懿曰:「既汝要去,可分兵兩枝。汝引一枝先行,須要奮力死戰﹔吾隨後接應,以防伏兵。汝次日先進,到半途駐紮,後日交戰,使兵力不乏。」

遂分兵已畢。次日,張郃、戴陵引副將數十員、精兵三萬,奮勇先進,到中途下寨。司馬懿留下許多軍馬守寨,只引五千精兵,隨後進發。原來孔明密令人哨探,見魏兵半路而歇。是夜,孔明喚眾將商議曰:「今魏兵來追,必以死戰,汝等須以一當十,吾以伏兵截其後,非智勇之將,不可當此任」。

言訖,以目視魏延。延低頭不語。王平出曰:「某願當之。」孔明曰:「若有失,如何?」平曰:「願當軍令。」孔明嘆曰:「王平肯捨身親冒矢石,真忠臣也!雖然如此,奈魏兵分兩枝前後而來,斷吾伏兵在中,平縱然智勇,只可當一頭,豈可分身兩處?須再得一將同去為妙。怎奈軍中再無舍死當先之人!」

言未畢,一將出曰:「某願往!」孔明視之,乃張翼也。孔明曰:「張合乃魏之名將,有萬夫不當之勇,汝非敵手。」翼曰:「若有失事,願獻首於帳下。」孔明曰:「汝既敢去,可與王平各引一萬精兵伏於山谷中﹔只待魏兵趕上,任他過盡,汝等卻引伏兵從後掩殺。若司馬懿隨後趕來,卻分兵兩頭:張翼引一軍當住後隊,王平引一軍截其前隊。兩軍須要死戰,吾自有別計相助。」

二人受計引兵而去。孔明又喚姜維、廖化分付曰:「與汝二人一個錦囊,引三千精兵,偃旗息鼓,伏於前山之上。如見魏兵圍住王平、張翼,十分危急,不必去救,只開錦囊看視,自有解危之策。」

二人受計引兵而去。又令吳班、吳懿、馬忠、張嶷四將,附耳分付曰:「如來日魏兵到,銳氣正盛,不可便迎,且戰且走。只看關興引兵來掠陣之時,汝等便回軍趕殺,吾自有兵接應。」

四將受計引兵而去。又喚關興分付曰:「汝引五千精兵,伏於山谷;只看山上紅旗颭動,卻引兵殺出。」興受計引兵而去。

卻說張郃、戴陵領兵前來,驟如風雨。馬忠、張嶷、吳懿、吳班四將接著,出馬。

魏兵奮力衝突,不得脫身。忽然背後鼓角喧天,司馬懿自領精兵殺到。懿指揮眾將,把王平、張翼圍在垓心。翼大呼曰:「丞相神人也!計已算定,必有良謀。吾等當決一死戰!」即分兵兩路;平引一軍截住張郃、戴陵;翼引一軍力當司馬懿。兩頭死戰,叫殺連天。

姜維、廖化在山上探望,見魏兵勢大,蜀兵力危,漸漸抵當不住。維謂化曰:「如此危急,可開錦囊看計。」二人拆開視之,內書云:「若司馬懿兵來圍王平、張翼至急,汝二人可分兵兩枝,竟襲司馬懿之營,懿必急退,汝可乘亂攻之。營雖不得,可獲全勝。」二人大喜,即分兵兩路,逕向司馬懿營中而去。

53 Another ten days passed and spies went out. The enemy had gone ten miles farther and encamped.

54 Zhang He said, "What makes you so over-suspicious? I can see that Zhuge Liang is retreating into Hanzhong, only he is doing it gradually and arousing our suspicion. Why not pursue before it is too late. Let me go and fight one battle."

55 "No," said Sima Yi. "A defeat would destroy the morale of our soldiers, and I will not risk it. Zhuge Liang's vile tricks are innumerable."

56 "If I go and get beaten, I will stand the full rigor of military punishment," said Zhang He.

57 "Well, if you are set on going, we will divide the army. You take your wing and go, but you will have to fight your best. I will follow to help in case of need. Tomorrow you should march only halfway and rest your troops for the battle."

58 So Zhang He got independent command of thirty thousand troops and took Dai Ling as his second in command, and he had a few score of generals as assistants. Halfway they camped. Then Sima Yi, leaving a substantial guard for his camp, set out along the same road with fifty thousand troops.

59 Zhuge Liang knew the movements of the army of Wei and when Zhang He's army camped to rest. In the night he summoned his generals and told them.

60 "The enemy are coming in pursuit and will fight desperately. You will have to fight everyone of you like ten, but I will set an ambush to attack their rear. Only a wise and bold leader is fit for this task."

61 Wang Ping stepped forth and said he was willing to go on this expedition.

62 "But if you fail, what then?" said Zhuge Liang.

63 "Then there is the military rule."

64 Zhuge Liang sighed. "Wang Ping is most loyal. He is willing to risk wounds and death in his country's service. However, the enemy are in two divisions, one coming in front, the other trying to get round to the rear. Wang Ping is crafty and bold, but he cannot be in two places at once, so I must have yet another general. Is it that among you there is no other willing to devote himself to death?"

65 He did not wait long for a reply. Zhang Yi stepped to the front.

66 "Zhang He is a most famous leader in Wei and valorous beyond all compare. You are not a match for him," said Zhuge Liang.

67 "If I fail, may my head fall at the tent door," said Zhang Yi.

68 "Since you wish to go, I accept you. Each of you shall have ten thousand veterans. You will hide in the valleys till the enemy come up, and you will let them pass. Then you will fall upon their rear. If Sima Yi comes, you must divide the army, Zhang Yi to hold the rear and Wang Ping to check the advance. But they will fight desperately, and I must find a way to aid you."

69 When they had gone, Jiang Wei and Liao Hua were called, and Zhuge Liang said, "I am going to give you a silken bag. You are to proceed secretly into those mountains in front. When you see that Zhang Yi and Wang Ping are in great straits with the enemy, then open the bag and you will find a plan of escape."

70 After this he gave secret instructions to four other generals---Hu Ban, Wu Yi, Ma Zheng, and Zhang Ni---to observe the enemy and, if the enemy seemed confident of victory, to retire, fighting at intervals, till they saw Guan Xing come up, when they could turn and fight their best.

71 Then calling Guan Xing, he said to them, "Hide in the valleys with five thousand troops till you see a red flag flutter out, and then fall on the enemy."

72 Zhang He and Dai Ling hurried along like a rain squall till they were suddenly confronted by Ma Zheng, Zhang Ni, Wu Yi, and Hu Ban. Zhang He dashed toward his enemy, and then they retired, stopping at intervals to fight. The Wei army pursued for about seven miles.

73 It was the sixth moon and very hot, so that soldiers and horses sweated profusely. When they had gone ten miles farther, the soldiers and horses were panting and nearly spent. Then Zhuge Liang, who had watched the fighting from a hill, gave the signal for Guan Xing to emerge and join battle. Ma Zheng, Zhang Ni, Hu Ban, and Wu Yi all led on their troops. Zhang He and Dai Ling fought well, but they could not extricate themselves and retire.

74 Presently, with a roll of drums, Wang Ping and Zhang Yi came out and made for the rear to cut the retreat.

75 "Why do you not fight to death?" shouted Zhang He to his generals when he saw the new dangers.

76 The soldiers of Wei dashed this way and that, but were stayed at every attempt. Then there was heard another roll of drums, and Sima Yi came up in the rear. He at once signaled to his generals to surround Wang Ping and Zhang Yi.

77 "Our minister is truly wonderful. The battle goes just as he foretold," cried Zhang Yi. "He will surely send help now, and we will fight to the death."

78 Thereupon the Shu force were divided into two parties. Wang Ping led one army to hold up Zhang He and Dai Ling; Zhang Yi led the other division to oppose Sima Yi. On both sides the fighting was keen and continued all the day.

79 From their station on a hill, Jiang Wei and Liao Hua watched the battle. They saw that the Wei force was very strong and their side was in danger and slowly giving way.

80 "Now surely is the moment to open the bag," said Jiang Wei.

81 So the bag was opened, and they read the letter. It said:

82 "If Sima Yi comes and Wang Ping and Zhang Yi seem hard pressed, you are to divide forces and go off to attack Sima Yi's camp, which will cause him to retire, and then you can attack him as his army is in disorder. The actual capture of the camp is not of great moment."

83 So Jiang Wei and Liao Hua divided the force and started for the enemy's camp.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,