삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 100-03 기회를 놓친 퇴군

孔明既斬了陳式,正議進兵,忽有細作報說曹真臥病不起,現在營中治療。孔明大喜。謂諸將曰:「若曹真病輕,必便回長安。今魏兵不退,必為病重,故留於軍中,以安眾人之心。吾寫下一書,教秦良的降兵持與曹真,真若見之,必然死矣。」遂喚降兵至帳下,問曰:「汝等皆是魏軍,父母妻子,多在中原,不宜久居蜀中。今放汝等回家,若何?」眾軍泣淚拜謝。孔明曰:「曹子丹與吾有約;吾有一書,汝等帶回,送與子丹,必有重賞。」魏軍領了書,奔回本寨,將孔明書呈與曹真。真扶病而起,拆封視之。其書曰:漢丞相武廂侯諸葛亮,致書於大司馬曹子丹之前:竊謂夫為將者:能去能就,能柔能剛;能進能退,能弱能強。不動如山嶽,難知如陰陽;無窮如天地,充實如太倉;浩渺如四海,眩曜如三光。預知天文之旱澇,先識地理之平康。察陣勢之期會,揣敵人之短長。嗟而無學後輩,上逆穹蒼,助篡國之反賊,稱帝號於洛陽;走殘兵於斜谷,遭霖雨於陳倉!水陸睏乏,人馬猖狂!拋盈郊之戈甲,棄滿地之刀鎗!都督心崩而膽裂,將軍鼠竄而狼忙!無面見關中之父老,何顏入相府之廳堂!史官秉筆而記錄,百姓眾口而傳揚:仲達聞陣而惕惕,子丹望風而遑遑!吾軍兵強而馬壯,大將虎奮以龍驤!掃秦川為平壤,蕩魏國作坵荒!

曹真看畢,恨氣填胸,至晚死軍中。司馬懿用兵車裝載,差人送赴洛陽安葬。魏主聞知曹真已死,即下詔摧司馬懿出戰。懿提大軍來與孔明交鋒,隔日先下戰書。孔明謂諸將曰:「曹真必死矣。」遂批回來日交鋒。使者去了。孔明當夜教姜維受了密計,如此而行;又喚關興分附:如此如此。

次日,孔明盡起祁山之兵前到渭濱:一邊是河,一邊是山,中央平川曠野,好片戰場!兩軍相迎,以弓箭射住陣角。三通鼓罷,魏陣中門旗開處,司馬懿出馬,眾將隨後而出。只見孔明端坐於四輪車上,手搖羽扇。懿曰:「吾主上法咬堯禪舜,相傳兩帝,坐鎮中原,容汝蜀、吳兩國者,乃吳主寬慈仁厚,恐傷百姓也。汝乃南陽一耕夫,不識天數,強要相侵,理宜殄滅!如省心改過,宜即早回,各守疆界,以成鼎足之勢,免致生靈塗炭,汝等皆得全生!」

孔明笑曰:「吾受先帝託孤之重,安肯不傾心竭力以討賊乎?汝曹氏不久為漢所滅。汝祖父皆為漢臣,世食漢祿,不思報效,反助篡逆,豈不自恥?」懿羞慚滿面曰:「吾與汝決一雌雄!汝若能勝,吾誓不為大將!汝若敗時,早歸故里,吾並不加害!」孔明曰:「汝欲鬥將?鬥兵?鬥陣法?」懿曰:「先鬥陣法。」孔明曰:「先布陣我看。」

懿入中軍帳下,手執黃旗招展,左右軍動,排成一陣,復上馬出陣,問曰:「汝識吾陣否?」孔明笑曰:「吾軍中末將,亦能布之!此乃「混元一氣陣」也。」懿曰:「汝布陣我看。」

孔明入陣,把羽扇一搖,復出陣前,問曰:「汝識我陣否?」懿曰:「量此『八卦陣』,如何不識!」孔明曰:「識便識了,敢打我陣否?懿曰:「既識之,如何不敢打!」孔明曰:「汝只管打來。」

司馬懿回到本陣中,喚戴凌、張虎、樂琳三將,分付曰:「今孔明所布之陣,按休、生、傷、杜、景、死、驚、開八門。汝三人可從正東生門打入,往西南休門殺出,復從正北開門殺入:此陣可破。汝等小心在意!」於是戴凌在中,張虎在前,樂琳在後,各引三十騎,從生門打入。兩軍吶喊相助。三人殺蜀陣,只見陣如連城,衝突不出。三人慌引騎過陣腳,往西南衝去,卻被蜀兵射住,衝突不出。陣中重重疊疊,都有門戶,那裡分東西南北?三將不能相顧,只管亂撞,但見愁雲漠漠,慘霧濛濛。喊聲起處,魏軍一個個皆被縛了,送到中軍。

67 After this, Zhuge Liang prepared to advance. The scouts reported that Cao Zhen was ill, but was being treated by doctors in his tent.

68 The news pleased Zhuge Liang, and he said to his officers, "If Cao Zhen's illness is slight, they will surely return to Changan. They must be delayed by his serious sickness. He stays on so that his soldiers may not lose heart. Now I will write him such a letter that he will die."

69 Then he called up the soldiers of Wei who had yielded, and said to them, "You are Wei troops, and your families are all over there: It is wrong for you to serve me. Suppose I let you go home?"

70 They thanked him, falling prostrate and weeping.

71 Then Zhuge Liang continued, "Friend Cao Zhen and I have a compact, and I have a letter for him which you shall take. The bearer will be well rewarded."

72 They received the letter and ran home to their own tents, where they gave their Commander-in-Chief the letter. Cao Zhen was too ill to rise, but he opened the cover and read:

73 "The Prime Minister of Han, Zhuge Liang, to the Minister of War, Cao Zhen:

74 "You will permit me to say that a leader of an army should be able to go and come, to be facile and obdurate, to advance and retire, to show himself weak or strong, to be immovable as mountains, to be inscrutable as the operations of nature, to be infinite as the universe, to be everlasting as the blue void, to be vast as the ocean, to be dazzling as the lights of heaven, to foresee droughts and floods, to know the nature of the ground, to understand the possibilities of battle arrays, to conjecture the excellencies and defects of the enemy.

75 "Alas! One of your sort, ignorant and inferior, rising impudently in heaven's vault, has had the presumption to assist a rebel to assume the imperial style and state at Luoyang, to send some miserable soldiers into Xie Valley. There they happened upon drenching rain. The difficult roads wearied both soldiers and horses, driving them frantic. Weapons and armors littered the countryside, swords and spears covered the ground. You, the Commander-in-Chief, were heart-broken and cowed, your generals fled like rats. You dare not show your faces at home, nor can you enter the halls of state. The historians' pens will record your defeats; the people will recount your infamies: 'Sima Yi is frightened when he hears of battle fronts, Cao Zhen is alarmed at mere rumors.' My soldiers are fierce and their steeds strong; my great generals are eager as tigers and majestic as dragons. I shall sweep the Middle Land bare and make Wei desolate."

76 Cao Zhen's wrath rose as he read. At the end it filled his breast. And he died that evening. Sima Yi sent his coffin to Luoyang on a wagon.

77 When the Ruler of Wei heard of the death of Cao Zhen, he issued an edict urging Sima Yi to prosecute the war, to raise a great army, and to fight with Zhuge Liang.

78 Sima Yi sent a declaration of war one day in advance, and Zhuge Liang replied that he would fight on the morrow.

79 After the envoy had left, Zhuge Liang said, "Cao Zhen must have died!"

80 He called Jiang Wei by night to receive secret orders. He also summoned Guan Xing and told him what to do.

81 Next morning the whole force marched to the bank of River Wei and took up a position in a wide plain with the river on one flank and hills on the other. The two armies saluted each other's appearance with heavy flights of arrows. After the drums had rolled thrice the Wei center opened at the great standard and Sima Yi appeared, followed by his officers. Opposite was Zhuge Liang, in a four-horse chariot, waving his feather fan.

82 Sima Yi addressed Zhuge Liang, "Our master's ascension of the Throne was after the manner of King Yao, who abdicated in favor of King Shun. Two emperors have succeeded and have their seat in the Middle Land. Because of his liberality and graciousness, my lord has suffered the rule of Shu and Wu lest the people should suffer in a struggle. You, who are but a plowman from Nanyang, ignorant of the ways of Heaven, wish to invade us, and you should be destroyed. But if you will examine your heart and repent of your fault and retire, then each may maintain his own borders, and a settled state of three kingdoms will be attained. Thus the people may be spared distress, and you will save your life."

83 Zhuge Liang smiled and replied, "Our First Ruler entrusted to me the custody of his orphan son: Think you that I shall fail to exert myself to the uttermost to destroy rebels against his authority? Your soldiers of the Cao family will soon be exterminated by Han. Your ancestors were servants of Han and for generations ate of their bounty. Yet, instead of giving grateful service, you assist usurpers. Are you not ashamed?"

84 The flush of shame spread over Sima Yi's face, but he replied, "We will try the test of battle. If you can conquer, I pledge myself to be no longer a leader of armies. But if you are defeated, then you will retire at once to your own village and I will not harm you."

85 "Do you desire a contest of generals, or of weapons, or of battle array?" asked Zhuge Liang.

86 "Let us try a contest of battle array," replied Sima Yi.

87 "Then draw up your array that I may see," said Zhuge Liang.

88 Sima Yi withdrew within the line and signaled to his officers with a yellow flag to draw up their troops.

89 When he had finished, he rode again to the front, saying, "Do you recognize my formation?"

90 "The least of my generals can do as well," said Zhuge Liang, smiling. "This is called the 'Disorder-in-Order' formation."

91 "Now you try while I look on," said Sima Yi.

92 Zhuge Liang entered the lines and waved his fan. Then he came out and said, "Do you recognize that?"

93 "Of course. This is the 'Eight Arrays'."

94 "Yes, you seem to know it. But dare you attack?"

95 "Why not, since I know it?" replied Sima Yi.

96 "Then you need only try."

97 Sima Yi entered the ranks and called to him three generals---Dai Ling, Zhang Hu, and Yue Chen---to whom he said, "That formation consists of eight gates---Birth, Exit, Expanse, Wound, Fear, Annihilation, Obstacle, and Death. You will go in from the east at the Gate of Birth, turn to the southwest and make your way out by the Gate of Annihilation. Then enter at the north, at the Exit Gate, and the formation will be broken up. But be cautious."

98 They started with Zhang Hu leading, Dai Ling next, and Yue Chen in rear, each with thirty horsemen. They made their way in at the Gate of Birth amid the applause of both sides. But when they had got within they found themselves facing a wall of troops and could not find a way out. They hastily led their men round by the base of the line toward the southwest to rush out there. But they were stopped by a flight of arrows. They became confused and saw many gates, but they had lost their bearings. Nor could they aid each other. They dashed hither and thither in disorder, but the formation was as if gathering clouds and rolling mists. Then a shout arose, and each one was seized and bound.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,