삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 102-01 목우와 유마를 만드는 공명

第百零二回 司馬懿占北原渭橋 諸葛亮造木牛流馬 

Sima Yi Occupies The Banks Of River Wei;
Zhuge Liang Constructs Mechanical Bullocks And Horses.

卻說譙周官居太史,頗明天文﹔見孔明又欲出師,入奏後主曰:「臣今職掌司天台,但有禍福,不可不奏。近有群鳥數萬,自南飛來,投於漢水而死,此不祥之兆。臣又觀天文,見奎星躔於太白之分,盛氣在北,不利伐魏。又成都人民,皆聞柏樹夜哭。有此數般災異,丞相只宜謹守,不可妄動。」

孔明曰:「吾受先帝託孤之重,當竭力討賊,豈可以虛妄之妖氛,而廢國家大事耶?」遂命有司設太牢祭於昭烈之廟,涕泣拜告曰:「臣亮五出祁山,未得寸土,負罪非輕!今臣復統全部,再出祁山,誓竭力盡心,剿滅漢賊,恢復中原,鞠躬盡瘁,死而後已!」

祭畢,拜辭後主,星夜至漢中,聚集諸將,商議出師。忽報關興病亡。孔明放聲大哭,昏倒於地,半晌方甦。眾將再三勸解,孔明嘆曰:「可憐忠義之人,天不與以壽!我今番出師,又少一員大將也!」後人有詩嘆曰:

生死人常理,
蜉蝣一樣空。
但存忠孝節,
何必壽喬松?

孔明引蜀兵三十四萬,分五路而進,令姜維、魏延為先鋒,皆出祁山取齊﹔令李恢先運糧草于斜谷道口伺候。

卻說魏國因舊歲有青龍自摩坡井內而出,改為青龍元年。此時乃青龍二年春二月也。近臣奏曰:「邊官飛報,蜀兵三十餘萬,分五路復出祁山。」

魏主曹叡大驚,急召司馬懿至,謂曰:「蜀人三年未曾入寇﹔今諸葛亮又出祁山,如之奈何?”懿奏曰:「臣夜觀天象,見中原旺氣正盛,奎星犯太白,不利於西川。今孔明自負才智,逆天而行,乃自取敗亡也。臣托陛下洪福,當往破之。但願保四人同去。」

叡曰:「卿保何人?」懿曰:「夏侯淵有四子:長名霸,字仲權﹔次名威,字季權﹔三名惠,字雅權﹔四名和,字義權。霸,威二人,弓馬熟嫻﹔惠,和二人,諳知韜略:此四人常欲為父報仇。臣今保夏侯霸、夏侯威為左右先鋒,夏侯惠、夏侯和為行軍司馬,共贊軍機,以退蜀兵。」

叡曰:「向者夏侯楙駙馬違誤軍機,失陷了許多人馬,至今羞慚不回。今此四人,亦與楙同否?」懿曰:“此四人非楙之比也。」

叡乃從其請,即命司馬懿為大都督,凡將士悉聽量才委用,各處兵馬皆聽調遣。懿受命,辭朝出城。叡又以手詔賜懿曰:卿到渭濱,宜堅壁固守,勿與交鋒。蜀兵不得志,必詐退誘敵,卿慎勿追。待彼糧盡,必將自走,然后乘虛攻之,則取勝不難,亦免軍馬疲勞之苦:計莫善此也。

司馬懿頓首受詔,即日到長安,聚集各處軍馬共四十萬,皆來渭濱下寨﹔又撥五萬軍,於渭水上搭起九座浮橋,令先鋒夏侯霸、夏侯威過渭水安營﹔又於大營之后東原,築起一城,以防不虞。

懿正與眾將商議間,忽報郭淮、孫禮來見。懿引入,禮畢,淮曰:「今蜀兵悉在祁山,倘跨渭登原,接連北山,阻絕隴道,大可虞也。」懿曰:「所言甚善。公可就總督隴西軍馬,據北原下寨,深溝高壘,按兵不動﹔只待彼糧盡,方可攻之。”郭淮、孫禮領命,引兵下寨去了。

1 Qiao Zhou, who protested against the war, was Grand Historian. He was also an astrologer.

2 He opposed the war, saying, "My present office involves the direction of the observations on the Astrological Terrace, and I am bound to report whether the aspect forebodes misfortune or promises happiness. Not long since, several flights of thousands of birds came from the south, plunged into River Han and were drowned. This is an evil augury. Moreover, I have studied the aspect of the sky, and the 'Wolf' constellation is influencing the aspect of the planet Venus. An aura of prosperity pervades the north. To attack Wei will not be to our profit. Again, the people in Chengdu say that the cypress trees moan in the night. With so many evil omens, I wish that the Prime Minister should not go forth to war, but remain at home to guard what we have."

3 "How can I?" said Zhuge Liang. "His Late Majesty laid upon me a heavy responsibility, and I must exert myself to the utmost in the endeavor to destroy these rebels. The policy of a state cannot be changed because of inauspicious signs."

4 Zhuge Liang was not to be deterred. He instructed the officials to prepare the Great Bovine Sacrifice in the Dynastic Temple. Then, weeping, he prostrated himself and made this declaration:

5 "Thy servant Zhuge Liang has made five expeditions to Qishan without gaining any extension of territory. His fault weighs heavily upon him. Now once again he is about to march, pledged to use every effort of body and mind to exterminate the rebels against the Han House, and to restore to the dynasty its glory in the Middle Land. To achieve this end, he would use the last remnant of his strength and could die content."

6 The sacrifice ended, he took leave of the Latter Ruler and set out for Hanzhong to make the final arrangements for his march. While so engaged, he received the unexpected news of the death of Guan Xing. He was greatly shocked, and fainted. When he had recovered consciousness, his officers did their utmost to console him.

7 "How pitiful! Why does Heaven deny long life to the loyal and good? I have lost a most able general just as I am setting out and need him most."

8 As all are born, so all must die; 
People are as gnats against the sky; 
But loyalty or piety 
May give them immortality.

9 The armies of Shu numbered three hundred forty thousand strong, and they marched in five divisions, with Jiang Wei and Wei Yan in the van, and when they had reached Qishan, Li Hui, the Commissary General, was instructed to convey stores into the Xie Valley in readiness.

10 In Wei they had recently changed the style of the year period to "Green Dragon", because a green dragon had been seen to emerge from Mopo Well. The year of the fighting was the second year (AD 234).

11 The courtiers said to the Ruler of Wei, "The commanders of the passes report thirty or so legions advancing in five divisions from Shu upon Qishan."

12 The news distressed the Ruler of Wei, who at once called in Sima Yi and told him of the invasion.

13 Sima Yi replied, "The aspect of the sky is very auspicious for the Middle Land. The Wolf star has encroached upon the planet Venus, which bodes ill for the River Lands. Thus Zhuge Liang is pitting his powers against Heaven, and will meet defeat and suffer death. And I, by virtue of Your Majesty's good fortune, am to be the instrument of destruction. I request to name four leaders to go with me."

14 "Who are they? Name them," said the Ruler of Wei.

15 "They are the four sons of Xiahou Yuan: Xiahou Ba, Xiahou Wei, Xiahou Hui, and Xiahou He. Xiahou Ba and Xiahou Wei are trained archers and cavaliers; Xiahou Hui and Xiahou He are deep strategists. All four desire to avenge the death of their father. Xiahou Ba and Xiahou Wei should be Leaders of the Van; Xiahou Hui and Xiahou He should be Marching Generals, to discuss and arrange plans for the repulse of our enemy."

16 "You remember the evil results of employing the Dynastic Son-in-Law Xiahou Mao: He lost his army and is still too ashamed to return to court. Are you sure these are not of the same kidney?"

17 "They are not like Xiahou Mao in the least."

18 The Ruler of Wei granted the request and named Sima Yi as Commander-in-Chief with the fullest authority. When Sima Yi took leave of the Ruler of Wei, he received a command in Cao Rui's own writing:

19 "When you, Noble Sir, reach the banks of River Wei and have well fortified that position, you are not to give battle. The army of Shu, disappointed of their desire, will pretend to retire and so entice you on, but you will not pursue. You will wait till their supplies are consumed and they are compelled to retreat, when you may smite them. Then you will obtain the victory without distressing the army unduly. This is the best plan of campaign."

20 Sima Yi took it with bowed head. He proceeded forthwith to Changan. When he had mustered the forces assembled from all western counties, they numbered four hundred thousand, and they were all camped on River Wei. In addition, fifty thousand troops were farther up the stream preparing nine floating bridges. The two Leaders of the Van, Xiahou Ba and Xiahou Wei, were ordered to cross the river and camp, and in rear of the main camp on the east a solid earth rampart was raised to guard against any surprises from the rear.

21 While these preparations were in progress, Guo Huai and Sun Li came to the new camp.

22 Guo Huai said, "With the troops of Shu at Qishan, there is a possibility of their dominating River Wei, going up on the plain, and pushing out a line to the northern hills whereby to cut off all highways in the West Valley Land."

23 "You say well," said Sima Yi. "See to it. Take command of all the West Valley Land forces, occupy Beiyuan, and make a fortified camp there. But adopt a defensive policy. Wait till the enemy's food supplies get exhausted before you think of attack."

24 So Guo Huai and Sun Li left to carry out these orders.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,