삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 104-02 큰별 떨어지다

表略曰:

伏聞生死常有,難逃定數;死之將至,愿盡愚忠:臣亮賦性愚拙,遭時艱難,分符擁節,專掌鈞衡,興師北伐,未獲成功;何期病入膏肓,命垂旦夕,不及終事陛下,飲恨無窮!伏愿陛下:清心寡欲,約己愛民;達孝道於先皇,布仁恩於宇下;提拔幽隱,以進賢良;屏斥奸邪,以厚風俗。

臣家成都,有桑八百株,薄田十五頃,子弟衣食,自有餘饒。至於臣在外任,別無調度,隨身衣食,悉仰於官,不別治生,以長尺寸。臣死之日,不使內有餘帛,外有贏財,以負陛下也。

孔明寫畢,又囑楊儀曰:「吾死之後,不可發喪。可作一大龕,將吾尸坐於龕中;以米七粒,放吾口內;腳下用明燈一盞;軍中安靜如常,切勿舉哀:則將星不墜。吾陰魂更自起鎮之。司馬懿見將星不墜,必然驚疑。吾軍可令後寨先行,然後一營一營緩緩而退。若司馬懿來追,汝可布成陣勢,回旗返鼓。等他來到,卻將我先時所雕木像,安於車上,推出軍前,令大小將士,分列左右。懿見之必驚走矣。」楊儀一一領諾。是夜,孔明令人扶出,仰觀北斗,遙指一星曰:「此吾之將星也。」眾視之,見其色昏暗,搖搖欲墜。孔明以劍指之,口中念咒。咒畢急回帳時,不省人事。眾將正慌亂間,忽尚書李福又至;見孔明昏絕,口不能言,乃大哭曰:「我誤國家之大事也!」須臾,孔明復醒,開目遍視,見李福立於榻前。孔明曰:「吾已知公復來之意。」福謝曰:「福奉天子命,問丞相百年之後,誰可任大事者。適因匆遽,失於諮請,故復來耳。」孔明曰:「吾死之後,可任大事者:蔣公琰其宜也。」福曰:「公琰之後,誰可繼之?」孔明曰:「費文偉可繼之。」福又問:「文偉之後,誰當繼者?」孔明不答。眾將近前視之,已薨矣。時建興十二年秋八月二十三日也,壽五十四歲。後杜工部有詩嘆曰:

長星昨夜墜前營,訃報先生此日傾。
虎帳不聞施號令,麟台惟顯著勛名。
空餘門下三千客,辜負胸中十萬兵。
好看綠陰清晝里,於今無復雅歌聲!

白樂天亦有詩曰:

先生晦跡臥山林,三顧那逢聖主尋。
魚到南陽方得水,龍飛天漢便為霖。
托孤既盡殷勤禮,報國還傾忠義心。
前後出師遺表在,令人一覽淚沾襟。

初,蜀長水校尉廖立,自謂才名宜為孔明之副,嘗以職位閑散,怏怏不平,怨謗不已。於是孔明廢之為庶人,徙之汶山。及聞孔明亡,乃垂泣曰:「吾終為左衽矣!」李嚴聞之,亦大哭病死。蓋嚴嘗望孔明復收己,得自補前過;度孔明死後,人不能用之故也。後元微之有贊孔明詩曰:

撥亂扶危主,殷勤受托孤。
英才過管樂,妙策勝孫吳。
凜凜《出師表》,堂堂八陣圖。
如公全盛德,應嘆古今無!

It is here given in substance:

26 "Life and death are the common lot, and fate cannot be evaded. Death is at hand, and I desire to prove my loyalty to the end. I, thy servant Zhuge Liang, dull of parts, was born into a difficult age, and it fell to my lot to guide military operations. I led a northern expedition, but failed to win complete success. Now sickness has laid hold upon me and death approaches, so that I shall be unable to accomplish my task. My sorrow is inexpressible.

27 "I desire Your Majesty to cleanse your heart and limit your desires, to practice self-control and to love the people, to maintain a perfectly filial attitude toward your late father and to be benevolent to all the world. Seek out the recluse scholars that you may obtain the services of the wise and good; repel the wicked and depraved that your moral standard may be exalted.

28 "To my household belong eight hundred mulberry trees and a hundred acres of land; thus there is ample provision for my family. While I have been employed in the service of the state, my needs have been supplied from official sources, but I have not contrived to make any additions to the family estate. At my death I shall not leave any increased possessions, even an excess roll of silk, that may cause Your Majesty to suspect that I have wronged you."

29 Having composed this document, the dying man turned again to Yang Yi, saying, "Do not wear mourning for me, but make a large coffer and therein place my body, with seven grains of rice in my mouth. Place a lamp at my feet and let my body move with the army as I was wont to do. If you refrain from mourning, then my leadership star will not fall, for my inmost soul will ascend and hold it in place. So long as my star retains its place, Sima Yi will be fearsome and suspicious.

30 "Let the army retreat, beginning with the rearmost division; send it away slowly, one camp at a time. If Sima Yi pursues, array the army and offer battle, turn to meet him and beat the attack. Let him approach till he is very near and then suddenly display the wooden image of myself that I have had carved, seated in my chariot in the midst of the army, with the generals right and left as usual. And you will frighten Sima Yi away."

31 Yang Yi listened to these words intently. That night Zhuge Liang was carried into the open and gazed up at the sky.

32 "That is my star," said he, pointing to one that seemed to be losing its brilliancy and to be tottering in its place. Zhuge Liang's lips moved as if he muttered a spell. Presently he was borne into his tent and for a time was oblivious of all about him.

33 When the anxiety caused by this state of coma was at its height, Li Fu arrived.

34 He wept when he saw the condition of the great leader, crying, "I have foiled the great designs of the state!"

35 However, presently Zhuge Liang's eyes reopened and fell upon Li Fu standing near his couch.

36 "I know your mission," said Zhuge Liang.

37 "I came with the royal command to ask also who should control the destinies of the state for the next century," replied Li Fu. "In my agitation I forgot to ask that."

38 "After me, Jiang Wan is the most fitting man to deal with great matters."

39 "And after Jiang Wan?"

40 "After him, Fei Yi."

41 "Who is next after Fei Yi?"

42 No reply came, and when they looked more carefully, they perceived that the soul of the Prime Minister had passed.

43 Thus died Zhuge Liang, on the twenty-third day of the eighth month in the twelfth year of Beginning Prosperity, at the age of fifty and four (AD 234).

44 The poet Du Fu wrote some verses on his death.

45 A bright star last night falling from the sky, 
This message gave, "The Master is no more." 
No more in camps shall bold men tramp at his command; 
At court no statesman ever will fill the place he held; 
At home, his clients miss their patron kind; 
Sad for the army, who were lonely in this world. 
In the green wood stones and creeks are crying, 
No more of his lute, birds have hushed singing.

46 And Bai Juyi also wrote a poem:

47 Within the forest dim the Master lived obscure, 
Till, thrice returning, there the prince his mentor met. 
As when a fish the ocean gains, desire was filled 
Wholly the dragon freed could soar aloft at will. 
As king's son's guardian none more zealous was; 
As minister, most loyally he wrought at court. 
His war memorials still to us are left, 
And, reading them, the tears unconscious fall.

48 Now in past days, Commander Liao Li in Changshui had a high opinion of his own abilities and thought himself perfectly fitted to be Zhuge Liang's second. So he neglected the duties of his proper post, showed discontent and indiscipline, and was constantly slandering the minister. Thereupon Zhuge Liang degraded him and transferred him to Minshan.

49 When Liao Li heard of Zhuge Liang's death, he shed tears and said, "Then, after all, I shall remain a barbarian!"

50 Li Yan also grieved deeply at the sad tidings, for he had always hoped that Zhuge Liang would restore him to office and so give him the opportunity of repairing his former faults. After Zhuge Liang had died, he thought there was no hope of reemployment, and so he died.

51 Another poet, Yuan Weizhi, also wrote in praise of the great adviser.
52 He fought disorder, helped a weak king; 
Most zealously he kept his master's son. 
In state-craft he excelled Guan Zhong, Yue Yi, 
In war-craft he overpassed Wu Qi, Sun Zi. 
With awe the court his war memorials heard, 
With majesty his Eight Arrays were planned. 
Virtue and wisdom both filled in his heart, 
For thousand autumns, his fame would still stay.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,