삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 106-04 기회를 노리는 사마의

叡宣太子曹芳,大將軍曹爽,侍中劉放、孫資等,皆至御榻之前。叡執司馬懿之手曰:「昔劉玄德在白帝城病危,以幼子劉禪託孤於諸葛孔明,孔明因此竭盡忠誠,至死方休,:偏邦尚然如此,何況大國乎?朕幼子曹芳,年纔八歲,不堪掌理社稷。幸太尉及宗兄元勳舊臣,竭力相輔,無負朕心!」又喚芳曰:「仲達與朕一體,爾宜敬禮之。」遂命懿攜芳近前。芳抱懿頸不放。叡曰:「太尉勿忘幼子今日相戀之情!」言訖,潸然淚下。懿頓首流涕。魏主昏沉,口不能言,只以手指太子,須臾而卒;在位十三年,壽三十六歲。時魏景初三年春正月下旬也。

當下司馬懿、曹爽,扶太子曹芳即皇帝位。芳字蘭卿,乃叡乞養之子,秘在宮中,人莫知其所由來,於是曹芳諡叡為明帝,葬於高平陵;尊郭皇后為皇太后;改元正始元年。司馬懿與曹爽輔政。爽事懿甚謹,一應大事,必先啟知。爽字昭伯,自幼出入宮中;明帝見爽謹慎,甚是愛敬。爽門下有客五百人,內有五人以浮華相尚,一是何晏,字平叔;一是鄧颺,字玄茂,乃鄧羽之後;一是李勝,字公昭;一是丁謐,字彥靜;一是畢範,字昭先。又有大司農桓範,字元則,頗有智謀,人多稱為『智囊』。此數人皆爽所信任。何晏告爽曰:「主公大權,不可委託他人:恐生後患。」爽曰:「司馬公與我同先帝託孤之命,安忍背之?」晏曰:「昔日先公與仲達破蜀兵之時,累受此人之氣,因而致死,主公何不察也?」爽猛然省悟,遂與多官計議停當,入奏魏主曹芳曰:「司馬懿功高德重,可加為太傅。」芳從之,自是兵權皆歸於爽。爽命弟曹羲為中領軍,曹訓為武衛將軍,曹彥為散騎常侍,各引三千御林軍,任其出入禁宮;又用何晏、鄧颺、丁謐為尚書,畢軌為司隸校尉,李勝為河南尹:此五人日夜與曹爽議事。

於是曹爽門下賓客日盛。司馬懿推病不出,二子亦皆退職閒居。爽每日與何晏等飲酒作樂:凡用衣服器皿,與朝廷無異;各處進貢玩好珍奇之物,先取上等者入己,然後進宮;佳人美女,充滿府院。黃門張當,諂事曹爽,私選先帝侍妾七八人,送入府中;爽又選善歌舞良家子女三四十人,為家樂。又建重樓畫閣,造金銀器皿,用巧匠數百人,晝夜工作。

卻說何晏聞平原管輅明數術,請與論易。時鄧颺在座,問輅曰:「君自謂善易,而語不及易中詞義,何也?」輅曰:「夫善易者,不言易也。」晏笑而讚之曰:「可謂要言不煩。」因謂輅曰:「試為我卜一卦:可至三公否?」又問:「連夢青蠅數十,來集鼻上,此是何兆?」輅曰:「元愷輔舜,周公佐周,皆以和惠謙恭,享有多福。今君侯位尊勢重,而懷德者鮮,畏威者眾,殊非小心求福之道。且鼻者,山也;山高而不危,所以長守貴也。今青蠅臭惡而集焉,位峻者顛,可不懼乎?願君侯裒多益寡,非禮勿履:然後三公可至,青蠅可驅也。」鄧颺怒曰:「此老生之常談耳!」輅曰:「老生者見不生,常談者見不談。」遂拂袖而去。二人大笑曰:「真狂士也!」

84 The heir, Cao Fang, was summoned to the Emperor's bedside and also Cao Shuang, Liu Fang, Sun Zu, and certain others.

85 Taking Sima Yi by the hand, the dying Emperor said, "When Liu Bei lay dying at Baidicheng, he confided his son, so soon to be an orphan, to the care of Zhuge Liang, who labored in this task to the very end and whose devotion only ceased with death. If such conduct is possible in the mere remnant of a dying dynasty continued in a small state, how much more may I hope for it in a great country! My son is only eight years of age, and incapable of sustaining the burden of rulership. Happily for him he has ample merit and experience around him in the persons of yourself and his relatives. He will never lack friends for my sake."

86 Turning to the young prince, he continued, "My friend Sima Yi is as myself, and you are to treat him with the same respect and deference."

87 Cao Rui bade Sima Yi lead the young prince forward. The boy threw his arms around Sima Yi's neck and clung to him.

88 "Never forget the affection he has just shown," said Cao Rui, weeping. And Sima Yi wept also.

89 The dying man swooned; although he could not speak, his hand still pointed to his son, and soon after he died. Cao Rui had reigned thirteen years and was thirty-six years of age. His death took place in the first month of the third year of Spectacular Beginning (AD 239).

90 No time was lost in enthroning the new Emperor, the supporters being Sima Yi and Cao Shuang. The new ruler's name was Cao Fang. However, he was Cao Rui's son only by adoption. He had been brought up in the Palace secretly, and no one knew his real origin.

91 The posthumous title of Emperor Rui the Knowledgeable was conferred upon the late ruler, and he was buried in the Gaoping Tombs. Empress Guo was given the title of Empress Dowager.

92 The new reign was styled Right Beginning Era, the first year (AD 239). Sima Yi and Cao Shuang conducted the government, and in all matters Cao Shuang treated Sima Yi with deference and took no steps without his knowledge.

93 Cao Shuang was no stranger at court. Cao Rui had respected him for his diligence and care and had been very fond of him, He had had the freedom of the Palace all his life. He had a host of five hundred clients and retainers. Among them were five wholly light and foppish. Their names were He Yan, Deng Yang, Li Sheng, Ding Mi, and Bi Gui. Deng Yang was a descendant of Commander Deng Yu of Han. Beside these five there was another named Huan Fan, Minister of Agriculture, a man of good parts, who had the sobriquet of "Bag of Wisdom". These six were Cao Shuang's most trusted companions and confidants.

94 One day He Yan said, "My lord, you should not let your great powers slip into the hands of any other, or you will repent it."

95 Cao Shuang replied, "Sima Yi as well as I received the late Emperor's sacred trust, and I mean to be true."

96 He Yan said, "When your father and this Sima Yi were winning their victories in the west, your father suffered much from this man's temper, which ultimately brought about his death. Why do you not look into that?"

97 Cao Shuang seemed suddenly to wake up.

98 Having entered into an intrigue with the majority of the officers about the court, then one day he presented to the Ruler of Wei a memorial, saying, "Sima Yi should be promoted to the rank of Imperial Guardian for his great merits and services."

99 The promotion was made, and consequently Sima Yi, now a civil officer, let the whole military authority fall into the hands of Cao Shuang.

100 Having thus far succeeded, Cao Shuang next appointed his brothers to high military posts: Cao Xi as Commander of the Center Army; Cao Xun, Commander of the Imperial Guards; Cao Yan, Commander of the Cavalry. Each commanded three thousand of the Palace guards, with right to go in and out of the Palace at will. Moreover, three of his friends---He Yan, Deng Yang, and Ding Mi---were created Chairs of three boards; Bi Gui, Commander of Capital District; and Li Sheng, Governor of Henan. These five and their patron were close associates in all concerns of state.

101 Cao Shuang gathered about him larger and still larger numbers of supporters, till Sima Yi gave out that he was ill and remained in seclusion. His two sons also resigned their offices.

102 Cao Shuang and his friends now gave themselves up to dissipation, spending days and nights in drinking and music. In their dress and the furniture of their table they copied the Palace patterns. Tribute in the shape of jewels and curios went to the residence of Cao Shuang before it entered the Emperor's palace, and his complex swarmed with beautiful damsels. Minister Zhang Dang of the Inner Bureau toadied to Cao Shuang so far as to select eighteen of the late Emperor's handmaids and send them to the now powerful minister. Cao Shuang also chose for him a chorus of two score well-born ladies who were skilled in music and dancing. Cao Shuang also built for himself beautiful towers and pavilions and made to himself vessels of gold and silver, the work of the most expert craftspeople, whom he kept constantly employed.

103 Now He Yan heard of Guan Lu's great skill in divination and sent to Pingyuan to invite him to discuss about the Book of Changes.

104 When the soothsayer arrived, Deng Yang was of the company to meet him, and he said to Guan Lu, "You call yourself a skillful diviner, but your speech does not resemble the language of the Book of Changes. How is that?"

105 Guan Lu replied, "An interpreter does not use the language of the original."

106 He Yan laughed, saying, "Certainly good words are not wearisome. But cast a lot for me, and tell me whether I shall ever arrive at the highest office or not, for I have dreamed repeatedly that many blue flies settled on my nose."

107 Guan Lu replied, "Gao Kai and Gao Yuan aided King Shun; Duke Zhou assisted the young Emperor Cheng of Zhou Dynasty; all these were kindly and modest and enjoyed great happiness. You, Sir, have come to high honors and wield great powers, but those who esteem you are few and those who fear you, many. You are not careful to walk in the way of good fortune. Now the nose is an eminence. If an eminence retains its characteristic, thereby it remains in honor. But is it not that blue flies gather to foul objects and the lofty fears a fall? I would wish you to give of your abundance for the good of the poor and avoid walking in the wrong road. Then indeed may you reach the highest dignity, and the blue flies will disperse."

108 "This is mere senile gossip," said Deng Yang.

109 "The gift of age is to see that which is yet to come; the gift of gossip is to perceive what is not said," replied Guan Lu. Thereupon he shook out his sleeves and went away.

110 "He is very mad, really," said his two hosts.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,