삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 106-05 기회를 노리는 사마의

輅到家,與舅言之。舅大驚曰:「何、鄧二人,權甚重,汝奈何犯之?」輅曰:「吾與死人語,何所畏耶?」舅問其故。輅曰:「鄧颺行步,筋不束骨派不制肉,起立傾倚,若無手足:此為『鬼躁』之相。何晏視候,魂不守宅,血不華色,精爽煙浮,容若槁木:此為『鬼幽』之相。二人早晚必有殺身之禍,何足畏也?」其舅不罵輅為狂子而去。

卻說曹爽嘗與何晏、鄧颺等畋獵。其弟曹羲諫曰:「兄威權太甚,而好出外游獵,倘為人所算,悔之無及。」爽叱曰:「兵權在吾手中,何懼之有?」司農桓範亦諫,不聽。時魏主曹芳,改正始十年為嘉平元年。曹爽一向專權,不知仲達虛實。適魏主除李勝為荊州刺史,即令李勝往辭仲達,就探消息,勝逕到太傳府下,早有門吏報入。司馬懿謂二子曰:「此乃曹爽使來探吾病之虛實也。」乃去冠散髮,上擁被而坐;又令二婢夫策,方請李勝入府。

勝至前拜曰:「一向不見太傅,誰想如此病重。今天子命某為荊州刺史,特來拜辭。」懿佯答曰:「井州近朔方,好為之備。」勝曰:「除荊州刺史:非并州也。「懿笑曰:「你方從并州來?」勝曰:「山東青州耳。」懿大笑曰:「你從青州來也!」勝曰:「太傅如何病得這等了?」左右曰:「太傅耳聾。」勝曰:「乞紙筆一用。」

左右取紙筆與勝。勝寫畢,呈上。懿看之,笑曰:「吾病的耳聾了。此去保重。」言訖,以手指口。侍婢進湯,懿將口就之,湯流滿襟,乃作哽噎之聲曰:「吾今衰老病篤,死在旦夕矣。二子不肖,望君教之。若見大將軍,千萬看覷二子!」言訖,倒在床上,聲嘶氣喘。李勝拜辭仲達,回見曹爽,細言其事。爽大喜曰:「此老若死,吾無憂矣!」

司馬懿見李勝去了,遂起身謂二子曰:「李勝此去,回報消息,曹爽必不忌我矣。只待他出城畋獵之時,方可圖之。」

不一日,曹爽請魏主曹芳去謁高平陵,祭祀先帝。大小官僚,皆隨駕出城。爽引三弟,並心腹人何晏等,及御林軍護駕正行,司農桓範叩馬諫曰:「主公總典禁兵,不宜兄弟皆出。倘城中有變,如之奈何?」爽以鞭指而叱之曰:「誰敢為變!再勿亂言!」

當日司馬懿見爽出城,心中大喜,即起舊日手下破敵之人,並家將數十,引二子上馬,逕來謀殺曹爽。正是:

閉戶必然有起色,驅兵自此逞雄風。

未知曹爽性命如何,且看下文分解。

111 Guan Lu went home. When he saw his uncle, Guan Lu gave him an account of the interview.

112 His uncle was alarmed at the probable consequences, and said, "Why did you anger them? They are too powerful for you to offend."

113 "What is there to fear? I have been talking to two dead men."

114 "What do you mean?"

115 "Deng Yang's gait is that of one whose sinews are loosed from his bones, and his pulse is unsteady. When he would stand, he totters as a man without limbs. This is the aspect of a disembodied soul. He Yan looks as if his soul was about to quit its habitation. He is bloodless, and what should be solid in him is mere vapor. He looks like rotten wood. This is the aspect of a soul even now in the dark valley. Both these men will certainly soon die a violent death, and none need fear them."

116 His uncle left, cursing him for a madman.

117 Cao Shuang and his five friends were devoted to hunting and were often out of the city. Cao Xi, a brother of Cao Shuang, remonstrated with him about this and pointed out the dangers of such frequent absence on these excursions.

118 "You are in an exalted position and yet you are constantly being out hunting. If anyone took advantage of this to work you evil, you might have to be exceedingly regretful."

119 Cao Shuang only showed anger and replied, "The whole military authority is in my hands, and what is there to fear?"

120 Huan Fan, Minister of Agriculture, also reasoned with him, but Cao Shuang would not listen.

121 About this time the style of the reign was changed from Right Beginning, the tenth year, to Domestic Calm, the first year (AD 249).

122 Now ever since Cao Shuang had enjoyed the monopoly of military authority, he had never heard the truth about the state of health of the man he had maneuvered out of power. But when the Ruler of Wei appointed Li Sheng to the Imperial Protectorship of Qingzhou, Cao Shuang bade Li Sheng go to take leave of Sima Yi, at the same time to find out the true state of his health.

123 So Li Sheng proceeded to the residence of the High Minister and was announced.

124 Sima Yi saw through the device at once and told his sons, saying, "This is Cao Shuang's wish to find out my real condition."

125 And he bade them play their parts in the scene he arranged, before the visitor was admitted.

126 Sima Yi threw aside his headdress, so letting his hair fall in disorder, stretched himself upon his couch, tumbled the bed ding into confusion, got a couple of servant girls to support him, and then told his servants to lead in the visitor.

127 Li Sheng came in and went up to the sick man, saying, "It is a long time since I have seen you, and I did not know you were so seriously ill. His Majesty is sending me to Qingzhou, and I have come to pay my respects to you and bid you farewell."

128 "Ah, Bingzhou is in the north; you will have to be very careful there," said Sima Yi feigning that he had not heard.

129 "I am going as Imperial Protector of Qingzhou, not Bingzhou," said Li Sheng.

130 "Oh, you have just come from Bingzhou."

131 "Qingzhou, in Huashan Mountains."

132 "Just back from Qingzhou, eh?" said Sima Yi, smiling.

133 "How very ill the Imperial Guardian is!" said Li Sheng to the servants.

134 "The Minister is deaf," said they.

135 "Give me paper and a pen," said Li Sheng.

136 Writing materials were brought, when Li Sheng wrote what he wished to say and put it before his host.

137 "My illness has made me very deaf. Take care of yourself on the way," said Sima Yi.

138 Looking up, he pointed to his mouth. One of the girls brought some broth and held the cup for him to drink. He put his lips to the cup, but spilled the broth all over his dress.

139 "I am very weak and ill," said he, "and may die at any moment. My sons are but poor things, but you will instruct them. When you see the Regent Marshal, you will ask him to take care of them for me, will you not?"

140 At this point Sima Yi fell back on the couch, panting, and Li Sheng took his leave.

141 Li Sheng told Cao Shuang what he had seen, and Cao Shuang rejoiced, thinking his rival could not last long.

142 "If the old man died, I should not be the one to grieve," said Cao Shuang.

143 But no sooner had Li Sheng gone than Sima Yi rose from his couch and said to his sons, "Li Sheng will take a full account of this to Cao Shuang, who will not fear me any more. But wait till Cao Shuang goes on his next hunting trip, and we will see what can be done."

144 Soon after this, Cao Shuang proposed to the Ruler of Wei, Cao Fang, to visit the Gaoping Tombs where his father lay and perform the filial sacrifices in person. So they went, a goodly company of officers in the train of the imperial chariot, and Cao Shuang with all his brothers and his friends went with the guards.

145 Huan Fan, Minister of Agriculture, entreated him to remain in the city for fear of plots and risings.

146 "Your Lordship are in charge of the capital security, and you and your brothers should not leave the city together. Suppose there were a revolt, what then?"

147 But Cao Shuang asked angrily and rudely, "Who would dare make trouble? Hold your wild tongue!"

148 And he went with the Emperor.

149 His departure rejoiced the heart of Sima Yi, who at once began quietly to muster his trusty friends and henchmen and put the finishing touches to the plot for the overthrow of his rival.

150 Now terminates his forced inaction, 
He must destroy the hostile faction.

151 Cao Shuang's fate will appear in the next chapter.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,