삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 112-04 다섯번째 좌절

次日平明,蜀兵爭先大進,一擁至城下。用火箭火砲打入城中。城上草屋,一派燒著,魏兵自亂。維又令人取乾柴堆滿城下,一齊放火,烈焰沖天。城已將陷,魏兵在城內嚎啕痛哭,聲聞四野。

正攻打之間,忽然背後喊聲大震,維勒馬回看,只見魏兵鼓譟搖旗,浩浩而來。維遂令後隊為前隊,自立於門旗下候之。只見魏陣中一小將全裝貫帶,挺槍縱馬而出,年約二十餘歲,面如傅粉,脣似抹硃,厲聲大叫曰:「認得鄧將軍否!」維自思曰:「此必是鄧艾矣。」挺槍縱馬而來。二人抖擻精神,戰到三四十合,不分勝負。那小將軍槍法無半點放閒。維心中自思:「不用此計,安得勝乎?」便撥馬望左邊山路中而走。

那小將驟馬追來,維挂住了鋼槍,暗取雕弓羽箭射之。那小將眼乖,早已見了,弓弦響處,把身望前一倒,放過羽箭。維回頭看小將已到,挺槍來刺;維閃過,那槍從肋旁邊過,被維夾住,那小將棄槍,望本陣而走。維嗟嘆曰:「可惜!可惜!」再撥馬趕來。追至陣門前,一將提刀而出曰:「姜維匹夫,勿趕吾兒!鄧艾在此!」

維大驚,原來小將乃鄧艾之子鄧忠也。維暗暗稱奇;欲戰鄧艾,又恐馬乏,乃虛指艾曰:「吾今日識汝父子也。且各收兵,來日決戰。」艾見戰場不利,亦勒馬應曰:「既如此,各自收兵。暗算者非丈夫也。」

於是兩軍皆退。鄧艾據渭水下寨,姜維跨兩山安營。艾見蜀兵地理,乃作書於司馬望曰:「我等切不可戰,只宜固守。待關中兵至時,蜀兵糧草皆盡,三面攻之,無不勝也。今遣長子鄧忠相助守城。」一面差人於司馬昭處求救。

卻說姜維令人於艾寨中下戰書,約來日大戰,艾佯應之。次日五更,維令三軍造飯,平明布陣等候。艾營中偃旗席鼓,卻如無人之狀。維至晚方回。次日又令人下戰書,責以失期之罪。艾以酒食相待,答曰:「微軀小疾,有誤相持,明日會戰。」次日,維又引兵來,艾仍前不出。

如此五六番,傅儉謂維曰:「此必有謀也。宜防之。」維曰:此必捱關中到,三面擊我耳。吾今令人持書與東吳孫綝,使併力攻之。」忽探馬報說「司馬昭攻打壽春,殺了諸葛誕,吳兵皆降。昭班師回洛陽,便欲領兵來救長城。」維大驚曰:「今番代魏,又成畫餅矣,不如且回。」正是:

已嘆四番難奏績,又嗟五度未成功。

未知如何退兵,且看下文分解。

87 Next day, at dawn, the assault began. The soldiers, fresh from their rest, vied with each other who should be first on the wall. They shot over the ramparts fire-arrows and firebombs and burned all the buildings on the wall. They next brought up brushwood and piled it against the rampart and set it alight, so that the flames rose high.

88 When the city seemed about to fall, the defenders set up a howling and a lamentation that could be heard all around. But suddenly a great rolling of drums diverted the attention of the assailants from the city, and they turned their faces to see a great host of Wei soldiers marching up in all the glory of waving banners. Jiang Wei faced about to meet this attack and took his place beneath the great standard.

89 Presently Jiang Wei made out a youthful-looking leader riding in advance with his spear ready to thrust. He looked scarcely more than twenty years of age, his face was smooth as if powdered, and his lips were crimson. But from them came fierce words.

90 "Do you recognize General Deng?" cried he.

91 "So this is Deng Ai," thought Jiang Wei.

92 Thereupon Jiang Wei set his spear and rode out. Both were adepts in arms and neither gave the other an opening, so that at the end of near half a hundred bouts neither could claim advantage. The youth wielded his spear with perfect skill.

93 "If I cannot gain the advantage by some ruse, how shall I win?" thought Jiang Wei.

94 So he turned aside his steed and dashed along a certain road that led to the hills. The youth followed. Presently Jiang Wei slung his spear, laid hands upon his bow, chose with care a feathered arrow, and laid it on the string. But the youth was quick of eye, and as the bowstring sang, he bent his head over the saddle and the arrow passed harmlessly by.

95 The next time Jiang Wei turned, he saw his pursuer close upon him, and already the spear was threatening his life. But as the youth thrust, Jiang Wei evaded the blow and caught the shaft under his arm. Thus deprived of his weapon, the young man made for his own array.

96 "What a pity! What a great pity!" cried Jiang Wei, turning to pursue.

97 He followed the young general close up to the standard.

98 But just as he came near, a warrior came to the front, shouting, "Jiang Wei, you fool, do not pursue my son when I, Deng Ai, am here!"

99 Jiang Wei was taken aback; so he had only been contending with Deng Zhong, the son of his real opponent. Although he was astonished at the skill and vigor of the youth, he now knew that a heavier task lay before him and feared lest his steed was then too far spent for the contest.

100 So he said to Deng Ai, "Seeing things are so, let us both hold off our troops till the morrow, when we will fight."

101 Deng Ai, glancing around, saw that the place was ill-suited for him, so he agreed to wait, saying, "Let us lead off our armies then, and whoever shall take any secret advantage is a base fellow."

102 Both sides retired into camp, Deng Ai on the bank of River Wei, and Jiang Wei on the hills.

103 Deng Ai saw that the army of Shu had the advantage of position, so he wrote off at once to Sima Wang:

104 "General, we should not give battle, but wait for reinforcements. Meanwhile the soldiers of Shu will be consuming their supply of grain, and we will attack on three sides when they begin to be hungry. I send my son Deng Zhong to you for further help in the defense of the city."

105 Jiang Wei sent a messenger to the Wei camp to deliver a letter of battle, the contest to take place the next day. Deng Ai openly accepted. But when morning came and Jiang Wei had arrayed his troops, his enemy had not appeared on the field. Nor was there any sign of giving battle, no display of flags or rolling of drums all day.

106 At nightfall the army of Shu returned to camp, and Jiang Wei sent a letter reproaching his opponent with his failure to keep his word.

107 Deng Ai treated the bearer of the letter with great courtesy and explained, saying, "I have been indisposed today, but will certainly fight on the morrow."

108 But the next day passed also without any move on the part of Wei; and the same thing went on for five days.

109 Then said Fu Qian to his chief, "There is some knavery afoot, and we must be on our guard."

110 "They must be waiting for reinforcements from Within the Passes that they may attack on three sides," said Jiang Wei. "But now will I send into Wu and get Sun Chen to strike at the same time as I."

111 Just then scouts came to give the news of the rout of the army of Wu: "Sima Zhao has defeated Shouchun and killed Zhuge Dan. Many in the Wu army have gone over to Wei. Sima Zhao has gone to Luoyang and is planning to march an army to attack Changcheng."

112 "So our attack on Wei is but a sham!" said Jiang Wei, bitterly. "It is only a picture of a cake."

113 Four times he missed! He hailed 
The fifth occasion joyfully, and failed.

114 The next chapter will tell the story of the retreat.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,