삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 113-04 어리석은 후주

忽然西北角一彪軍殺入,艾見是魏兵,遂乘勢殺出。救鄧艾者,乃司馬望也。比及救出鄧艾時,祁山九寨,皆被蜀兵所奪。艾引敗兵,退於渭水南下寨。艾謂望曰:「公何以知此陣法而救出我也?」望曰:「吾幼年遊學於荊南,曾與崔州平、石廣元為友,講論此陣。今日姜維所變者,乃『長蛇捲地陣』也。若他處擊之,必不可破。吾見吾見其頭在西北,故從西北擊之,自破矣。」艾謝曰:「我雖學得陣法,實不知變法。公既之此法,來日以此法復奪祁山寨柵,如何?」望曰:「我之所學,恐瞞不過姜維。」艾曰:「來日公在陣上與他鬥陣法,我卻引一軍暗襲祁山之後。兩下混戰,可奪舊寨也。」

於是命鄭倫為先鋒,艾自引軍襲山後;一面令人下戰書,搦姜維來日鬥陣法。維批回去訖,乃謂眾將曰:「吾受武侯所傳密書,此陣變法共三百六十五樣,按周天之數。今搦吾鬥陣法,乃『班門弄斧』耳!但中間必有詐謀,公等知之乎?」廖化曰:「此必賺我鬥陣法,卻引一軍襲我後也。」維笑曰:「正合吾意。」即令張翼、廖化引一萬兵去山後埋伏。

次日,姜維盡收九寨之兵,分布於祁山之前。司馬望引兵離了渭南,逕到祁山之前,出馬與姜維答話。維曰:「汝請吾鬥陣法,汝先布與我看。」望布成了八卦。維笑曰:「此即吾所布八陣之法也,汝今盜襲,何足為奇!」望曰:「汝亦竊他人之法耳!」維曰:「此陣凡有幾變?」望笑曰:「吾既能布,豈不會變?此陣有九九八十一變。」維笑曰:「汝試變來。」

望入陣變了數番,復出陣曰:「汝識吾變否?」維笑曰:「吾陣法按周天三百六十五變,汝乃井底之蛙,安知玄奧乎!」望自知有此變法,實不曾學全,乃勉強折辯曰:「吾不信,汝試變來。」維曰:「汝叫鄧艾出來,吾當布與他看。」望曰:「鄧將軍自有良謀,不好陣法。」維大笑曰:「有何良謀!不過叫汝賺吾在此布陣,他卻引兵襲吾山後耳!」望大驚,恰預進兵混戰,被維以鞭梢一指,兩翼兵先出,殺的那魏兵棄甲拋戈,各逃性命。

卻說鄧艾催督先鋒鄭倫來襲山後。倫方轉過山角,忽然一聲砲響,鼓角喧天,伏兵殺出:為首大將,乃廖化也。二人未及答話,兩馬交處,被廖化一刀,斬鄭倫於馬下。鄧艾大驚,急勒兵退時,張翼引一軍殺到。兩下夾攻,魏兵大敗。艾捨命突出,身被四箭。奔於渭南寨時,司馬望亦到。二人商議退兵之策。望曰:「近日蜀主劉蟬,寵幸中貴黃皓,日夜以酒色為樂,可用反間計召回姜維,此圍可解。」艾問眾謀士曰:「誰可入蜀交通黃皓?」言未畢,一人應聲曰:「某願往。」艾視之,乃襄陽黨均也。艾大喜,即令黨均齋金珠寶物,逕到成都連結黃皓,布散流言,說姜維怨望天子,不久投魏。於是成都人人所說皆同。黃皓奏知後主,即遣人星夜宣姜維入朝。

卻說姜維連日搦戰,鄧艾堅守不出。維心中甚疑。忽使命至,召維入朝。維不知何事,只得班師回朝。鄧艾、司馬望知姜維中計,遂拔渭南之兵,隨後掩殺。正是:

樂毅伐齊遭間阻,岳飛破敵被讒回。

未知勝敗如何,且看下回分解。

99 Suddenly from the northwest a cohort dashed in. To Deng Ai's great joy they were soldiers of Wei, and they forced over the battle array and released him. The leader was Sima Wang.

100 But although Deng Ai had been rescued, his nine camps were seized by his enemy and he had to retire. He led his army to the south of River Wei and made a camp.

101 "How did you know exactly where to strike in that maze?" asked Deng Ai of his rescuer.

102 Sima Wang replied, "In my youth I went to study in Jingzhou and was friendly with Shi Guangyuan and Cui Zhouping. They explained that formation to me. Jiang Wei used what is known as 'The Serpent Coil', and the only way to break it is to attack the head, which I saw was in the northwest."

103 Deng Ai replied, "Although I have studied formations, I do not know all the modifications. But since you know about this, we may be able to recover our camps."

104 "I fear the little I have learned will not be enough to overcome Jiang Wei."

105 "Tomorrow you shall contend with him, and while his attention is engaged, I will attack the rear of Qishan, and we will recover our camps."

106 So a force was prepared to attack on the morrow, and Deng Ai sent a letter of challenge to a contest in tactics for the same day. Jiang Wei marked in to accept.

107 Jiang Wei said to his officers, "In the secret book that I received from the Prime Minister, the variations of the formation are three hundred and sixty-five, corresponding to the circuit of the heavens. This challenge from them is as one going to teach hewing to the God of Carpenters. I think some ruse lies behind this. Can you guess what it is?"

108 Liao Hua replied, "While they engage your attention in this competition, they intend to attack our rear."

109 "Just so; that is also my opinion," replied Jiang Wei.

110 So he prepared a counter-stroke by sending Liao Hua and Zhang Yi to lie in wait at the back of the hills with ten thousand troops.

111 Next day Jiang Wei led all the troops from the nine camps out and drawn up in front of the hills. Sima Wang came out on the other side and presently rode to the front to parley.

112 "You have challenged me to a contest. Now draw up your army for me to see," said Jiang Wei.

113 Sima Wang did so and arrayed the eight diagrams.

114 "That is what we know as the Octagon," said Jiang Wei. "But it is nothing wonderful, only a sort of array fit for a brigand's raid."

115 "You also have only stolen another man's tactics," replied his adversary.

116 "How many modifications of this are there?" asked Jiang Wei.

117 "Since I have arranged this, naturally I know the variations, of which there are nine nines, making eighty-one."

118 "Try them."

119 Sima Wang returned to his array and evolved many, finally riding out and asking his opponent if he recognized them.

120 "My formation admits of three hundred and sixty-five variations. You are but a frog in a well and know nothing of the deeper mysteries."

121 Now Sima Wang knew that so many variations were possible, but had not studied them. However, he put on a bold air and said contemptuously, "I do not believe you. Prove it!"

122 "Go and call Deng Ai," replied Jiang Wei. "I will display them to him."

123 "General Deng Ai has excellent plans and does not think much of such tactics."

124 "What plans? I suppose you mean a plan to keep me here while he tries a surprise attack in the rear."

125 Sima Wang was aghast. He made a sudden dash forward, and a melee began. Jiang Wei made a signal with his whip, and his force poured in from both wings. The troops of Wei were seized with sudden panic, threw down their weapons and fled.

126 Now Deng Ai had hurried on Zheng Lun to make the first attack. As Zheng Lun turned the corner of the hill, a bomb exploded. At once the drums rolled and an ambush discovered itself. Liao Hua was in command. Neither side stayed to parley, and the leaders engaged in single combat. In the first encounter Liao Hua cut Zheng Lun down.

127 Deng Ai had not expected such preparation, and he hastened to withdraw. Then Zhang Yi came forth and attacked on the other side. The army of Wei was worsted. Deng Ai fought his way out, but he bore four arrow wounds upon his body. He got to the river, where he found Sima Wang, and they discussed how to get away.

128 But Sima Wang proposed another form of attack.

129 "Recently the Ruler of Shu has had a favorite, Eunuch Huang Hao, in whom he places all his trust and with whom he spends his time in one round of pleasure. Let us use the eunuch to sow distrust between the Emperor and his general and so get Jiang Wei recalled. In that way we shall retrieve our defeat."

130 So Deng Ai assembled his advisers and asked who could go into Shu and get into communication with Huang Hao.

131 Dang Jun volunteered at once. Deng Ai entrusted gold and pearls and precious things to him, and sent him into Shu to win the treacherous alliance of the eunuch. As Dang Jun went, he also disseminated reports that Jiang Wei was angry and intended to go over to Wei.

132 These rumors became the common talk in Chengdu, and everyone believed them. Huang Hao carried them to the Emperor, and a messenger was sent to call the general to the capital.

133 Meanwhile Jiang Wei tried every day to bring the enemy to give battle, but they remained obstinately behind their defenses. Jiang Wei began to think some evil scheme was afoot, when suddenly he was recalled by Imperial Edict. Although ignorant of the reason, he could not disobey; and when he began the retreat, Deng Ai and Sima Wang knew that their plot had succeeded. They broke camp and set out to attack the retreating army.

134 Because of court intrigues 
Yue Yi and Yue Fei failed.

135 How matters went will be told in the next chapter.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,