삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 119-02 사마염의 찬탈

次日,會、維二人請諸將飲宴。數巡後,執杯大哭。諸將驚問其故。會曰:「郭太后臨崩有遺詔在此,為司馬昭南闕弒君,大逆無道,早晚將篡魏,命吾討之。汝等各自簽名,共成此事。」眾皆大驚,面面相覷。會拔劍出鞘曰:「違令者斬!」眾皆恐懼,只得相從,畫字已畢,會乃困諸將於宮中,嚴兵禁守。維曰:「我見諸將不服,請坑之。」會曰:「吾已令宮中掘一坑,置大棒數千,如不從者,打死坑之。」

時有心腹將丘建在側。建乃護軍胡烈部下舊人也。時胡烈亦被監在宮。建乃密將鍾會所言,報知胡烈。烈大驚,泣告曰:「吾兒胡淵,領兵在外,安知會懷此心耶?汝可念向日之情,透一消息,雖死無恨。」建曰:「恩主勿憂,容某圖之。」遂出告會曰:「主公軟監諸將在內,水食不便,可令一人往來傳遞。」會素聽丘建之言,遂令丘建監臨。會分付曰:「吾以重事託汝,休得洩漏。」建曰:「主公放心。某自有緊嚴之法。」建暗令胡烈親信人入內,烈以密書付其人。其人持書火速至胡淵營內,細言其事,呈上密書。淵大驚,遂遍示諸營知之。眾將大怒,急來淵營商議曰:「我等雖死,豈肯從反臣耶?」淵曰:「正月十八日中,可驟入內,如此行之。」監軍衛瓘,深喜胡淵之謀,即整頓了人馬,令丘建傳與胡烈。烈報知諸將。

卻說鍾會請姜維問曰:「吾夜夢大蛇數千條咬吾,主何吉凶?」維曰:「夢龍蛇者,皆吉慶之兆也。」會喜,信其言,乃謂維曰:「器仗已備,放諸將出問之,若何?」維曰:「此輩皆有不服之心,久必為害,不如乘早戮之。」會從之,即命姜維領武士往殺眾魏將。維領命,方欲行動,忽然一陣心疼,昏倒在地,左右扶起,半晌方甦。忽報宮外人聲沸騰。會方令人探時,喊聲大震,四面八方,無限兵到。維曰:「此必是諸將作亂,可先斬之。」忽報兵已入內。會令關上殿門,使軍士上殿屋以瓦擊之,互相殺死數十人。宮外四面火起,外兵砍開殿門殺入。會自掣劍立殺數人,卻被亂箭射倒;時年四十歲[2]。眾將梟其首。維拔劍上殿,往來衝突,不幸心疼轉加。維仰天大叫曰:「吾計不成,乃天命也!」遂自刎而死;時年六十三歲[3]。宮中死者數百人。衛瓘曰:「眾軍各歸營所,以待王命。」魏兵爭欲報讎,共剖維腹,其膽大如雞卵。眾將又盡取姜維家屬殺之。鄧艾部下之人,見鍾會、姜維已死,遂連夜去追劫鄧艾。

早有人報知衛瓘。瓘曰:「是我捉艾,今若留他,我無葬身之地矣。」護軍田續曰:「昔鄧艾取江油之時,欲殺續,得眾官告免。今日當報此恨。」瓘大喜,遂遣田續引五百兵趕至綿竹,正遇鄧艾父子放出檻車,欲還成都。艾只道是本部兵到,不作準備;欲待問時,被田續一刀斬之。鄧忠亦死於亂軍之中。後人有詩嘆鄧艾曰:

自幼能籌畫,多謀善用兵。
凝眸知地理,仰面識天文。
馬到山根斷,兵來石徑分。
功成身被害,魂繞漢江雲。

又有詩嘆鍾會曰:

髫年稱早慧,曾作祕書郎,
妙計傾司馬,當時號子房。
壽春多贊畫,劍閣顯鷹揚。
不學陶朱隱,遊魂悲故鄉。

又有詩嘆姜維曰:

天水誇英俊,涼州產異才。
系從尚父出,術奉武侯來。
大膽應無懼,雄心誓不回。
成都身死日,漢將有餘哀。

35 At this, the heart of Jiang Wei leapt with joy. Invitations were sent out in the joint names of the two conspirators, and the feast began. After several courses, suddenly Zhong Hui lifted his cup and broke into wailing.

36 Everyone asked what was the cause of this grief, and Zhong Hui replied. "The Empress has just died, but before her death she gave me an edict, which is here, recounting the crimes of Sima Zhao and charging him with aiming at the Throne. I am commissioned to destroy him, and you all must join me in the task."

37 The guests stared at each other in amazement, but no one uttered a word.

38 Then the host suddenly drew his sword, crying, "Here is death for those who oppose!"

39 Not one was bold enough to refuse, and, one by one, they all signed a promise to help. As further security, they were all kept prisoners in the Palace under careful guard.

40 "They are not really with us," said Jiang Wei. "I venture to request you to bury them all."

41 "A great pit has been already dug," replied his brother host. "And I have a lot of clubs ready. We can easily club those who disagree and bury them in the pit."

42 As Jiang Wei and Zhong Hui discussed the matter, General Qiu Jian, a man in the confidence of Zhong Hui, was present. He had once served under Assistant General Hu Lie, who was one of the imprisoned guests, and thus he found means to warn his former chief.

43 Hu Lie wept and said, "My son, Hu Yuan, is in command of a force outside the city. He will never suspect Zhong Hui capable of such a crime, and I pray you tell him. If I am to die, it will be with less regret if my son can be told."

44 "Kind master, have no anxiety; only leave it to me," replied Qiu Jian.
45 He went to Zhong Hui, and said, "Sir, you are holding in captivity a large number of officers, and they are suffering from lack of food and water. Will you not appoint an officer to supply their needs?"

46 Zhong Hui was accustomed to yield to the wishes of Qiu Jian, and he made no difficulty about this. He told Qiu Jian to see to it himself, only saying, "I am placing great trust in you, and you must be loyal. Our secret must be kept."

47 "My lord, you may be quite content. I know how to keep a strict watch when necessary."

48 And Qiu Jian allowed to enter into the place of confinement a trusty confidant of Hu Lie, who gave him a letter to his son Hu Yuan.

49 When Hu Yuan knew the whole story, he was astonished and told his subordinates, and they were greatly enraged.

50 They came to their commander's tent to say: "We would rather die than follow a rebel!"

51 So Hu Yuan fixed upon the eighteenth day of the month to attempt the rescue. He enlisted the sympathy of Wei Guan and got his army ready. He bade Qiu Jian tell his father what was afoot. Hu Lie then told his fellow-captives.

52 One day Zhong Hui said to Jiang Wei, "Last night I dreamed a dream, that I was bitten by many serpents. Can you expound the vision?"

53 Jiang Wei replied, "Dreams of dragons and snakes and scaly creatures are exceedingly auspicious."

54 Zhong Hui was only too ready to accept this interpretation. Then he told Jiang Wei that all was ready and they would put the crucial question to each captive.

55 "I know they are opposed to us, and you would do well to slay them all, and that right quickly," replied Jiang Wei.

56 "Good," replied Zhong Hui.

57 He bade Jiang Wei with several ruffians kill the Wei leaders among the captives. But just as Jiang Wei was starting to carry out these instructions, he was seized with a sudden spasm of the heart, so severe that he fainted. He was raised from the earth and in time revived. Just as he came to, a tremendous hubbub arose outside the Palace. Zhong Hui at once sent to inquire what was afoot, but the noise waxed louder and louder, sounding like the rush of a multitude.

58 "The officers must be raging," said Zhong Hui. "We would best slay them at once!"

59 But they told him: "The outside soldiers are in the Palace!"

60 Zhong Hui bade them close the doors of the Hall of Audience, and he sent his own troops upon the roof to pelt the incoming soldiers with tiles. Many were slain on either side in the melee. Then a fire broke out. The assailants broke open the doors. Zhong Hui faced them and slew a few, but others shot at him with flights of arrows, and he fell and died. They hacked off his head.
61 Jiang Wei ran to and fro slaying all he met till another heart spasm seized him.

62 "Failed!" he shrieked, "But it is the will of Heaven!"

63 He put an end to his own life. He was fifty-nine.

64 Many hundreds were slain within the Forbidden City. Wei Guan presently ordered that the soldiers were to be led back to their various camps to await the orders of the Duke of Jin.

65 The soldiers of Wei, burning for revenge of his many invasions, hacked the dead body of Jiang Wei to pieces. They found his gall bladder extraordinarily large, as large as a hen's egg. They also seized and slew all the family of the dead leader.

66 Seeing that Deng Ai's two enemies on the spot were both dead, his old soldiers bethought themselves of trying to rescue him. When Wei Guan, who had actually arrested Deng Ai, heard this, he feared for his life.

67 "If Deng Ai lives, I will die in his hand!" said Wei Guan.

68 Furthermore, General Tian Xu said, "When Deng Ai took Jiangyou, he wished to put me to death. It was only at the prayer of my friends that he let me off. May I not have my revenge now?"

69 So Wei Guan gave order. At the head of five hundred cavalry, Tian Xu went in pursuit of the cage-carts. He came up with them at Mianzhu and found that the two prisoners had just been released from the carts in which they were being carried to Luoyang. When Deng Ai saw that those coming up were soldiers of his own late command, he took no thought for defense. Nor did Tian Xu waste time in preliminaries. He went up to where Deng Ai was standing and cut him down. His soldiers fell upon the son, Deng Zhong, and slew him also, and thus father and son met death in the same place.

70 A poem, pitying Deng Ai, was written:

71 While yet a boy, Deng Ai loved to sketch and plan; 
He was an able leader as a man. 
The earth could hide no secrets from his eye, 
With equal skill he read the starry sky. 
Past every obstacle his way he won, 
And onward pressed until his task was done. 
But foulest murder closed a great career, 
His spirit ranges now a larger sphere.

72 A poem was also composed in pity for Zhong Hui:

73 Of mother wit Zhong Hui had no scanty share, 
And in due time at court did office bear. 
His subtle plans shook Sima Zhao's hold on power, 
He was well named the Zhang Liang of the hour. 
Shouchun and Saber Pass ramparts straight fell down, 
When he attacked, and he won great renown. 
Ambition beckoned, he would forward press 
His spirit homeward wandered, bodiless.

74 Another poem, in pity of Jiang Wei, runs:

75 Tianshui boasts of a hero, 
Talent came forth from Xizhou, 
Lu Wang fathered his spirit, 
Zhuge Liang tutored his mind, 
Valiant he ever pressed forward, 
Nor had a thought of returning, 
Grieved were the soldiers of Han 
When death rapt his soul from his body.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,