삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 120-04 삼분천하는 한바탕 꿈으로

其疏曰:

孫皓荒淫凶逆,宜速征伐。若一旦皓死,更立賢君,則張敵也;臣造船七年,日有朽敗;臣年七十,死亡無日;三者一乖,則難圖矣。願陛下無失事機。
  晉主覽疏,遂與群臣議曰:「王公之論,與羊都督暗合。朕意決矣。」侍中王渾奏曰:「臣聞孫皓欲北上,軍伍已皆整備,聲勢正盛,難與爭鋒。更遲一年以待其疲,方可成功。」晉王依其奏,乃降詔止兵莫動,退入後宮,與秘書丞相張華圍棋消遣。近臣奏邊庭有表到。晉主開視之,乃杜預表也。表略云:

往者,羊祜不博謀於朝臣,而密與陛下計,故令朝臣多異同之議。凡事當以利害相較。度此舉之利,十有八九,而其害止於無功耳。自秋以來,討賊之形頗露;今若中止,孫皓恐怖,徙都武昌,完修江南諸城,遷其民居,城不可攻,野無所掠,則明年之計亦不及矣。
  晉主覽表纔罷,張華突然而起,推卻棋枰,斂手奏曰:「陛下聖武,國富民強;吳主淫虐,民憂國敝。今若討之,可不勞而定。願勿以為疑。」晉主曰:「卿言洞見利害,朕復何疑?」即出升殿,以咸寧五年十一月剋師出征[1]。命鎮南大將軍杜預為大都督,引兵十萬出江陵;鎮東大將軍瑯琊王司馬伷出滁中;征東大將軍王渾出橫江;建威將軍王戎出武昌;平南將軍胡奮出夏口;各引兵五萬,皆聽預調用。又遣龍驤將軍王濬,廣武將軍唐彬,浮江東下。水陸兵二十餘萬,戰船數萬艘。令賈充為使持節[2]、假黃鉞、大都督,以冠軍將軍楊濟副之;充固陳伐吳不利,自言人衰老,不堪元帥之重任。晉主曰:「君若不行,吾便自出。」充不得已,乃受節鉞,將中軍南屯襄陽,節制諸路人馬。

早有消息報入東吳。吳主皓大驚,急召丞相張悌,司徒何植,司空滕修,計議退兵之策。悌奏曰:「可令車騎將軍伍延為都督,進兵江陵,迎敵杜預;驃騎將軍孫歆,進兵拒夏口等處軍馬。臣敢為將,率領丹陽太守沈瑩[3],副軍師將軍諸葛靚[4],引兵三萬[5],出屯牛渚,接引諸路軍馬。」皓從之,遂令張悌引兵去了。

皓退入後宮,面有憂色。幸臣中常侍岑昏問其故。皓曰:「晉兵大至,諸路已有兵迎之,爭奈王濬率兵數萬,戰船齊備,順流而下,其鋒甚銳,朕因此憂也。」昏曰:「臣有一計,令王濬之舟,皆為齏粉矣。」皓大喜,遂問其計。岑昏奏曰:「江南多鐵,可打連環索百餘條,長數百丈,每環重二三十斤,於沿江緊要去處橫截之。再造鐵錐數萬,長丈餘,置於水中。苦晉船乘風而來,逢錐則破,豈能渡江也?」皓大喜,傳令撥匠工於江邊連夜造成鐵索、鐵錐,設立停當。

卻說晉都督杜預兵出江陵,令牙將周旨引水手八百人,乘小舟暗渡長江,夜襲樂鄉,多立旌旗於山林之處,日則放砲擂鼓,夜則各處舉火。旨領命,引眾渡江,伏於巴山。次日,杜預領大軍水陸並進。前哨報道:「吳主遣伍延出陸路,陸景出水路,孫歆為先鋒,三路來迎。」

杜預引兵前進。孫歆船早到。兩兵初交,杜預便退。歆引兵上岸,迤邐追時,不到二十里,一聲砲響,四面晉兵大至,吳兵急回。杜預乘勢掩殺,吳兵死者,不計其數。孫歆奔到城邊,周旨八百軍混雜於中,就城上舉火。歆大驚曰:「北來諸軍乃飛渡江也!」急欲退時,被周旨大喝一聲,斬於馬下。

He said:
85 "Sun Hao is steeped in vice and should be attacked at once. Should he die and be succeeded by a good ruler, we might meet with serious opposition. The ships I built seven years ago lie idle and rotting: We can use them. I am seventy years of age and must soon die. If any one of these three events happen---the death of Sun Hao, the destruction of these ships, or my death---then success will be difficult to ensure. I pray Your Majesty not to miss the tide."

86 At the next assembly of officers Sima Yan said to them, "I have decided to act. I have received similar advice from Yang Hu and Wang Jun."

87 At this arose Minister Wang Hun and said, "I hear Sun Hao intends to march north to the Middle Land and has his army ready. Report says it is formidable and would be hard to defeat. I counsel to await another year till that army has lost its first vigor."

88 A command to cease warlike preparations was the result of this counsel. The Ruler of Jin betook himself to his private chamber where he engaged in a game of chess with Secretary Zhang Hua as opponent. While at the game, another memorial arrived. It was from Du Yu. It read:

89 "Formerly Yang Hu explained his plans confidentially to Your Majesty, but did not lay them before the court. The result has been much debate and conflict of opinion. In every project there are pros and cons, but in this the arguments are mostly in favor. The worst that can happen is failure. Since last autumn the proposed attack has become generally known, and, if we stop now, Sun Hao will be frightened and remove the capital to Wuchang, repair his fortifications in the South Land, and move his threatened people out of danger. Then the southern capital cannot be assaulted, nor is there anything left in the countryside to rob. Hence next year's attack will also fail."

90 Just as the Ruler of Jin finished reading, Zhang Hua pushed aside the board, rose and drew his hands into his sleeves, saying, "Your Majesty's skill in war is almost divine, your state is prosperous, and the army strong. The Ruler of Wu is a tyrant, his people are miserable, and his country mean. Now you can easily conquer him, and I pray that there be no further hesitation!"

91 "How could I hesitate after your discourse?" said Sima Yan.

92 Thereupon he returned to the council chamber and issued his commands. Du Yu was made Commander-in-Chief and, with one hundred thousand troops, was to attack Jiangling; Sima Zhou, Prince of Langye and General Who Guards the East, was to attack Tuzhong; Wang Hun, General Who Conquers the East, to go up against Hengjiang; Wang Rong, General Who Exhibits Prowess, to move against Wuchang; Hu Fen, General Who Pacifies the South, to attack Xiakou. And all divisions, fifty thousand troops each, were under the orders of Du Yu. In addition to the land forces, two large fleets were to operate on the river under Wang Jun, General Who Shows Dragon Courage, and Tang Bin, General Who Possesses Martial Bravery. Marines and lands troops amounted to more than two hundred thousand. A separate force under Yang Ji, General Who Holds the South, was sent away to Xiangyang to coordinate all forces.

93 The Ruler of Wu was greatly alarmed at the news of such armies and fleets, and he called to him quickly his Prime Minister Zhang Ti, Minister of the Interior He Zhi, and Minister of Works Teng Xun, to consult how to defend his land.

94 Zhang Ti proposed: "Send Commander of the Flying Chariots Wu Yan to meet the enemy at Jiangling; Commander of the Flying Cavalry Sun Xin to Xiakou; I volunteer to take command of a camp at Niuzhu, together with the General of the Left Army Shen Zong and the General of the Right Army Zhuge Xing, ready to lend help at any point."

95 The Ruler of Wu approved his dispositions and felt satisfied that he was safe by land. But in the privacy of his own apartment he felt miserable, for he realized that no preparations had been made against an attack by water under the Jin leader Wang Jun.

96 Then the favorite eunuch Cen Hun asked the Emperor why he bore a sad countenance, and Sun Hao told him of his dread of the enemy navy.

97 "The armies of Jin are coming, and I have deployed troops for general defense. Only the water front, by which Wang Jun and his several thousand battleships sail east along the tide, makes me feel so worried."

98 "But I have a scheme that will smash all Wang Jun's ships!" cried Cen Hun.

99 "What is it?" asked the Ruler of Wu, pleased to hear this.

100 "Iron is plentiful. Make great chains with heavy links and stretch them across the river at various points. Also forge many massive hammers and arrange them in the stream, so that when the enemy's ships sail down before the wind, they will collide with the hammers and be wrecked. Then they will sail no more."

101 Blacksmiths were soon at work on the river bank welding the links and forging the hammers. Work went on day and night, and soon all the chains were placed in different points.

102 As has been said Du Yu was to attack Jiangling, and he sent General Zhou Zhi with eight hundred sailors to sail secretly along the Great River to capture Yuexiang. There they were to make an ambush in the Bashan Mountains and a great show of flags along the bank and among the trees. Drums were to be beaten and bombs exploded during the day and many fires lighted at night to give the appearance of a great army.

103 So Zhou Zhi sailed to the Bashan Mountains.

104 Next day Du Yu directed the army and the marine forces in a simultaneous advance.

105 The scouts reported: "The Ruler of Wu has sent the land force under Wu Yan, the navy under Lu Jing, and the vanguard under Sun Xin!"

106 Du Yu led his forces forward. The vanguard of Wu, under Sun Xin, came up, and at the first encounter Du Yu's army retired. Sun Xin landed his marines and pursued. But in the midst of the pursuit a signal bomb sounded, and Sun Xin was attacked on all sides by the Jin troops. He tried to retire, but the army he had been pursuing, Du Yu's force, turned back too and joined in the attack. Wu's losses were very heavy, and Sun Xin hastened back to the city. But the eight hundred Jin soldiers of Zhou Zhi mingled with the Wu army at the ramparts and so entered the gates. The Jin soldiers raised signal fires on the walls.

107 This maneuver amazed Sun Xin, and he said, "The northern troops had surely flown across the river into the city!"

108 Sun Xin made an effort to escape, but the leader of Jin, Zhou Zhi, unexpectedly appeared and slew him.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,