삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 017-06 칠로군을 쳐부순 여포와 조조

16.術用其言,留李豐、樂就、梁剛、陳紀四人,分兵十萬,堅守壽春;其餘將卒,並庫藏金玉寶貝,盡數收拾過淮去了。

17.卻說曹兵十七萬,日費糧食浩大,諸郡及荒旱,接濟不及;操催軍速戰,李豐等閉門不出。操軍相拒月餘,糧食將盡,致書於孫策,借得糧米十萬斛,不敷支散。管糧官任峻,部下倉官王垕,入稟操曰:「兵多糧少,當如之何?」操曰:「可將小斛散之,權且救一時之急。」垕曰:「兵士倘怨,如何?」操曰:「吾自有策。」

18.垕依命,以小斛分散:操暗使人各寨探聽,無不嗟怨,皆言丞相欺眾。操乃密召王垕入曰:「吾欲問汝借一物,以壓眾心,汝必勿吝。」垕曰:「承相欲用何物?」操曰:「欲借汝頭以示眾耳。」垕大驚曰:「其實無罪。」操曰:「吾亦知汝無罪;但不殺汝,軍心變矣。汝死後,汝妻子吾自養之,汝勿慮也。」垕再欲言時,操早呼刀斧手推出門外,一刀斬訖,懸頭高竿,出榜曉示曰:「王垕故行小斛,盜竊官糧,謹按軍法。」於是眾怨始解。

So due arrangements was made. One hundred thousand troops under Li Deng, Yue Jiu, Liang Gang, and Chen Ji were appointed to guard Shouchun. Then a general move was made to the other side of the River Huai. Not only the remained army went over, but all the accumulated wealth of the Yuan family, gold and silver, jewels and precious stones, were moved also.

Cao Cao's army of one hundred seventy thousand needed daily a considerable quantity of food; and as the country around had been famine-stricken for several years, nothing could be got there. So he tried to hasten the military operations and capture the city. On the other hand, the defenders knew the value of delay and simply held on. After a month's vigorous siege, the fall of Shouchun seemed as far off as it was at first, and supplies were very short. Letters were sent to Sun Ce who sent a hundred thousand carts of grain. When the usual distribution became impossible, the Chief of the Commissariat, Ren Jun, and the Controller of the Granaries, Wang Hou, presented a statement asking what was to be done.

"Serve out with a smaller measure," said Cao Cao. "That will save us for a time."

"But if the soldiers murmur, what then?"

"I shall have another device."

As ordered the controller issued grain in a short measure. Cao Cao sent secretly to find out how the army took this; and when he found that complaints were general and the soldiers were saying that the Prime Minister was fooling them, he sent a secret summons to the controller.

When Wang Hou came, Cao Cao said, "I want to ask you to lend me something to pacify the soldiers with. You must not refuse."

"What does the Prime Minister wish?"

"I want the loan of your head to expose to the soldiery."

"But I have done nothing wrong!" exclaimed the unhappy man.

"I know that, but if I do not put you to death, there will be a mutiny. After you are gone, your wife and children shall be my care. So you need not grieve on their account."

Wang Hou was about to remonstrate further, but Cao Cao gave a signal. The executioners hustled Wang Hou out, and he was beheaded. His head was exposed on a tall pole, and a notice said:

"In accordance with military law, Wang Hou had been put to death for peculation and the use of a short measure in issuing grain."

This appeased the discontent.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,