삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 118-03 촉한의 멸망

維見人心思漢,乃以善言撫之曰:「眾將勿憂。吾有一計,可復漢室。」眾將求問。姜維與諸將附耳低言,說了計策。即於劍閣關遍豎降旗,先令人報入鍾會寨中,說姜維引張翼、廖化、董厥前來降。會大喜,令人迎接維入帳,會曰:「伯約來何遲也?」維正色流涕曰:「國家全師在吾,今日至此,猶為速也。」

會甚奇之,下座相拜,待為上賓。維說會曰:「聞將軍自淮南以來,算無遺策;司馬氏之盛,皆將軍之力;維故甘心俯首。如鄧士載,當與決一死戰。安肯降之乎?」會遂折箭為誓,與維結為兄弟,情愛甚密,仍令照舊領兵。維暗喜,遂令蔣顯回成都去了。

卻說鄧艾封師纂為益州刺史,牽弘、王頎等各領州郡;又於綿竹築臺以彰戰功,大會蜀中諸官飲宴。艾酒至半酣,乃指眾官曰:「汝等幸遇我,故有今日耳。若遇他將,必皆殄滅矣。」多官起身拜謝。忽蔣顯至,說姜維自降鍾鎮西了。艾因此痛恨鍾會,遂修書令人齎赴洛陽致晉公司馬昭。昭得書視之。

書曰:

臣艾竊謂兵有先聲而後實者。今因平蜀之勢以乘吳,此席捲之時也。然大舉之後,將士疲勞,不可便用;宜留隴右兵二萬,蜀兵二萬,煮鹽興冶,並造舟船,預備順流之計﹔然後發使,告以利害,吳可不征而定也。更以厚待劉禪,以攻孫休,若便送禪來京,吳人必疑,則於向化之心不勸;且權留之於蜀,須來年冬月抵京。今即可封禪為扶風王,錫以貲財,供其左右,爵其子為公卿,以顯歸命之寵;則吳人畏威懷德,望風而從矣。

司馬昭覽畢,深疑鄧艾有自專之心,乃先發手書與衛瓘,隨後降封艾詔曰:

征西將軍鄧艾,耀威奮武,深入敵境,使僭號之主,係頸歸降;兵不踰時,戰不終日,雲撤席捲,蕩定巴蜀;雖白起破強楚,韓信克勁趙,不足比勳也。其以艾為太尉,增邑二萬戶,封二子為亭侯,各食邑千戶。

鄧艾受詔畢,監軍衛瓘,取出司馬昭手書與艾。書中說鄧艾所言之事,須候奏報,不可輒行。艾曰:「『將在外,君命有所不受』。吾既奉詔專征,如何阻當。」遂又作書,令來使齎赴洛陽。時朝中皆言鄧艾必有反意,司馬昭愈加疑忌。忽使命回,呈上鄧艾之書。昭拆封視之,

46 But Jiang Wei soothed them with kindly words, saying, "Generals, grieve not. Even yet I can restore the House of Han!"

47 "How?" cried they.

48 And he whispered low in their ears.

49 The flag of surrender fluttered over the ramparts of Saber Pass, and a messenger went to Zhong Hui's camp. When Jiang Wei and his generals drew near, Zhong Hui went out to meet them.

50 "Why have you been so long in coming?" said Zhong Hui.

51 Jiang Wei looked him straight in the face and said, without a tremor, but through falling tears, "The whole armies of the state are under me, and I am here far too soon!"

52 Zhong Hui wondered about this firm remark, and said nothing more. The two saluted each other and took their seats, Jiang Wei being placed in the seat of honor.

53 Jiang Wei said, "I hear that every detail of your plans, from the time you left the South of River Huai till now, has been accomplished. The good fortune of the Sima family is owing to you, and so I am the more content to bow my head and yield to you. Had it been Deng Ai, I should have fought to the death, for I would not have surrendered to him!"

54 Then Zhong Hui broke an arrow in twain, and they two swore close brotherhood. Their friendship became close-knit. Jiang Wei was continued in command of his own army, at which he secretly rejoiced. He sent Jiang Xian back to Chengdu.

55 As conqueror, Deng Ai arranged for the administration of the newly-gained territory. He made Shi Zuan Imperial Protector of Yizhou and appointed Qian Hong, Yang Xin, and many others to various posts. He also built a tower in Mianzhu in commemoration of his conquest.

56 At a great banquet, where most of the guests were people of the newly-conquered land, Deng Ai drank too freely and in his cups became garrulous.

57 With a patronizing wave of his hand, he said to his guests, "You are lucky in that you have had to do with me. Things might well have been otherwise, and you might all have been put to death, if you surrender to other leader!"

58 The guests rose in a body and expressed their gratitude. Just at that moment Jiang Xian arrived from his visit to Jiang Wei to say that Jiang Wei and his army had surrendered to Zhong Hui. Deng Ai thereupon conceived a great hatred for Zhong Hui, and soon after he wrote to Luoyang a letter something like this:

59 "I would venture to remark that misleading rumors of war should precede actual attack. Now that Shu has been overcome, the manifest next move is against Wu, and in present circumstances victory would easily follow an attack. But after a great effort, both leaders and led are weary and unfit for immediate service. Therefore of this army twenty thousand Wei troops should be left west of Longyou, and with them twenty thousand Shu troops, to be employed in boiling salt so as to improve the finances. Moreover, ships should be built ready for an expedition down the river. When these preparations shall be complete, then send an envoy into Wu to lay before its ruler the truth about its position. It is possible that matters may be settled without any fighting.

60 "Further, generous treatment of Liu Shan will tend to weaken Sun Xiu; but if Liu Shan be removed to Luoyang, the people of Wu will be perplexed and doubtful about what may happen to them, and they will not be amenable. Therefore it seems the most fitting to leave the late Ruler of Shu here. Next year, in the winter season, he might be removed to the capital. For the present I would recommend that he be created Prince of Fufeng, and granted a sufficient revenue and suitable attendants. His sons also should receive ducal rank. In this way would be demonstrated that favorable treatment follows upon submission. Such a course would inspire fear of the might of Wei and respect for its virtue, and the result will be all that could be desired."

61 Reading this memorial, the thought entered the mind of Sima Zhao that Deng Ai was exaggerating his own importance, wherefore he first wrote a private letter and sent it by the hand of Wei Guan to Deng Ai and then caused the Ruler of Wei to issue an edict promoting Deng Ai. The edict ran thus:

62 "General Deng Ai has performed a glorious exploit, penetrating deeply into a hostile country and reducing to submission a usurping potentate. This task has been quickly performed: The clouds of war have already rolled away, and peace reigns throughout Ba and Shu.

63 "The merits of Deng Ai surpass those of Bai Qi, who subdued the mighty state of Chu, and Han Xin, who conquered the state of Zhao. Deng Ai is created Grand Commander, and we confer upon him a fief of twenty thousand homesteads, and his two sons are ennobled, each with a fief of one thousand homesteads."

64 After the edict had been received with full ceremonies, Wei Guan produced the private letter, which said that Deng Ai's proposals would have suitable consideration in due time.

65 Then said Deng Ai, "A general in the field may decline to obey even the orders of his prince. My commission was to conquer the west. Why are my plans hindered?"

66 So he wrote a reply and sent it to the capital by the hand of the envoy. At that time it was common talk at court that Deng Ai intended to rebel; and when Sima Zhao read the letter, his suspicions turned to certainty, and he feared

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,