삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 001 도원결의 02

7.且說張角一軍,前犯幽州界分。幽州太守劉焉,乃江夏竟陵人氏,漢魯恭王之後也;當時聞得賊兵將至,召校尉鄒靖計議。靖曰:「賊兵眾,我兵寡,明公宜作速招軍應敵。」劉焉然其說,隨即出榜招募義兵。榜文行到涿縣,乃引出涿縣中一個英雄。

Meanwhile Zhang Jue led his army into Youzhou, the northeastern region of the empire. The Imperial Protector of Youzhou was Liu Yan, a scion of the Imperial House. Learning of the approach of the rebels, Liu Yan called in Commander Zhou Jing to consult over the position.

Zhou Jing said, "They are many and we few. We must enlist more troops to oppose them."

Liu Yan agreed, and he put out notices calling for volunteers to serve against the rebels. One of these notices was posted up in the county of Zhuo, where lived one man of high spirit.

8.那人不甚好讀書;性寬和,寡言語,喜怒不形於色;素有大志,專好結交天下豪傑;生得身長七尺五寸,兩耳垂肩,雙手過膝,目能自顧其耳,面如冠玉,脣若塗脂;中山靖王劉勝之後,漢景帝閣下玄孫﹔姓劉,名備,字玄德。昔劉勝之子劉貞,漢武時封涿鹿亭侯,後坐酬金失侯,因此遺這一枝在涿縣。玄德祖劉雄,父劉弘。弘曾舉孝廉,亦嘗作吏,早喪。玄德幼孤,事母至孝;家貧,販屨織蓆為業。家住本縣樓桑村。其家之東南,有一大桑樹,高五丈餘,遙望之,童童如車蓋。相者云:「此家必出貴人。」

This man was no mere bookish scholar, nor found he any pleasure in study. But he was liberal and amiable, albeit a man of few words, hiding all feeling under a calm exterior. He had always cherished a yearning for high enterprise and had cultivated the friendship of humans of mark. He was tall of stature. His ears were long, the lobes touching his shoulders, and his hands hung down below his knees. His eyes were very big and prominent so that he could see backward past his ears. His complexion was as clear as jade, and he had rich red lips.

He was a descendant of Prince Sheng of Zhongshan whose father was the Emperor Jing (reigned BC 157-141), the fourth emperor of the Han Dynasty. His name was Liu Bei. Many years before, one of his forbears had been the governor of that very county, but had lost his rank for remissness in ceremonial offerings. However, that branch of the family had remained on in the place, gradually becoming poorer and poorer as the years rolled on. His father Liu Hong had been a scholar and a virtuous official but died young. The widow and orphan were left alone, and Liu Bei as a lad won a reputation for filial piety.

At this time the family had sunk deep in poverty, and Liu Bei gained his living by selling straw sandals and weaving grass mats. The family home was in a village near the chief city of Zhuo. Near the house stood a huge mulberry tree, and seen from afar its curved profile resembled the canopy of a wagon. Noting the luxuriance of its foliage, a soothsayer had predicted that one day a man of distinction would come forth from the family.

9.玄德幼時,與鄉中小兒戲於樹下,曰:「我為天子,當乘此車蓋。」叔父劉元起奇其言,曰:「此兒非常人也!」因見玄德家貧,常資給之。年十五歲,母使游學,嘗師事鄭玄、盧植;與公孫瓚等為友。及劉焉發榜招軍時,玄德年己二十八歲矣。當日見了榜文,慨然長歎。隨後一人厲聲言曰:「大丈夫不與國家出力,何故長歎?」

As a child, Liu Bei played with the other village children beneath this tree, and he would climb up into it, saying, "I am the Son of Heaven, and this is my chariot!" His uncle, Liu Yuanqi, recognized that Liu Bei was no ordinary boy and saw to it that the family did not come to actual want.

When Liu Bei was fifteen, his mother sent him traveling for his education. For a time he servedZheng Xuan and Lu Zhi as masters. And he became great friends with Gongsun Zan.

Liu Bei was twenty-eight when the outbreak of the Yellow Scarves called for soldiers. The sight of the notice saddened him, and he sighed as he read it.

Suddenly a rasping voice behind him cried, "Sir, why sigh if you do nothing to help your country?"

10.玄德回視其人:身長八尺,豹頭環眼,燕頷虎鬚,聲若巨雷,勢如奔馬。玄德見他形貌異常,問其姓名。其人曰:「某姓張,名飛,字翼德。世居涿郡,頗有莊田,賣酒屠豬,專好結交天下豪傑。適纔見公看榜而歎,故此相問。」玄德曰:「我本漢室宗親,姓劉,名備。今聞黃巾倡亂,有志欲破賊安民;恨力不能,故長歎耳。」飛曰:「吾頗有資財,當招募鄉勇,與公同舉大事,如何?」玄德甚喜,遂與同入村店中飲酒。

Turning quickly he saw standing there a man about his own height, with a bullet head like a leopard's, large eyes, a swallow pointed chin, and whiskers like a tiger's. He spoke in a loud bass voice and looked as irresistible as a dashing horse. At once Liu Bei saw he was no ordinary man and asked who he was.

"Zhang Fei is my name," replied the stranger. "I live near here where I have a farm; and I am a wine seller and a butcher as well; and I like to become acquainted with worthy people. Your sighs as you read the notice drew me toward you."

Liu Bei replied, "I am of the Imperial Family, Liu Bei is my name. And I wish I could destroy these Yellow Scarves and restore peace to the land, but alas! I am helpless."

"I have the means," said Zhang Fei. "Suppose you and I raised some troops and tried what we could do."

This was happy news for Liu Bei, and the two betook themselves to the village inn to talk over the project.

11.正飲間,見一大漢,推著一輛車子,到店門首歇了;入店坐下,便喚酒保:「快斟酒來吃,我待趕入城去投軍。」玄德看其人:身長九尺,髯長二尺:面如重棗,脣若塗脂;丹鳳眼,臥蠶眉:相貌堂堂,威風凜凜。玄德就邀他同坐,叩其姓名。其人曰:「吾姓關,名羽,字壽長,後改雲長,河東解良人也。因本處勢豪,倚勢凌人,被吾殺了;逃難江湖,五六年矣。今聞此處招軍破賊,特來應募。」玄德遂以己志告之。雲長大喜。同到張飛莊上,共議大事。

As they were drinking, a huge, tall fellow appeared pushing a hand-cart along the road. At the threshold he halted and entered the inn to rest awhile and he called for wine.

"And be quick!" added he. "For I am in haste to get into the town and offer myself for the army."

Liu Bei looked over the newcomer, item by item, and he noted the man had a huge frame, a long beard, a vivid face like an apple, and deep red lips. He had eyes like a phoenix's and fine bushy eyebrows like silkworms. His whole appearance was dignified and awe-inspiring. Presently, Liu Bei crossed over, sat down beside him and asked his name.

"I am Guan Yu," replied he. "I am a native of the east side of the river, but I have been a fugitive on the waters for some five years, because I slew a ruffian who, since he was wealthy and powerful, was a bully. I have come to join the army here."

Then Liu Bei told Guan Yu his own intentions, and all three went away to Zhang Fei's farm where they could talk over the grand project.

12.飛曰:「吾莊後有一桃園,花開正盛;明日當於園中祭告天地,我三人結為兄弟,協力同心,然後可圖大事。」玄德、雲長、齊聲應曰:「如此甚好。」次日,於桃園中,備下烏牛白馬祭禮等項,三人焚香,再拜而說誓曰:「念劉備、關羽、張飛,雖然異姓,既結為兄弟,則同心協力,救困扶危;上報國家,下安黎庶;不求同年同月同日生,但願同年同月同日死。皇天后土,實鑒此心。背義忘恩,天人共戮。」誓畢,拜玄德為兄,關羽次之,張飛為弟。祭罷天地,復宰牛設酒,聚鄉中勇士,得三百餘人,就桃園中痛飲一醉。來日收拾軍器,但恨無馬匹可乘。

Said Zhang Fei, "The peach trees in the orchard behind the house are just in full flower. Tomorrow we will institute a sacrifice there and solemnly declare our intention before Heaven and Earth, and we three will swear brotherhood and unity of aims and sentiments: Thus will we enter upon our great task."

Both Liu Bei and Guan Yu gladly agreed.

All three being of one mind, next day they prepared the sacrifices, a black ox, a white horse, and wine for libation. Beneath the smoke of the incense burning on the altar, they bowed their heads and recited this oath:

"We three---Liu Bei, Guan Yu, and Zhang Fei---though of different families, swear brotherhood, and promise mutual help to one end. We will rescue each other in difficulty; we will aid each other in danger. We swear to serve the state and save the people. We ask not the same day of birth, but we seek to die together. May Heaven, the all-ruling, and Earth, the all-producing, read our hearts. If we turn aside from righteousness or forget kindliness, may Heaven and Human smite us!"

They rose from their knees. The two others bowed before Liu Bei as their elder brother, and Zhang Fei was to be the youngest of the trio. This solemn ceremony performed, they slew other oxen and made a feast to which they invited the villagers. Three hundred joined them, and all feasted and drank deep in the Peach Garden.

The next day weapons were mustered. But there were no horses to ride.

13.正思慮間,人報「有兩個客人,引一夥伴儅,趕一群馬,投莊上來。」玄德曰:「此天佑我也!」三人出莊迎接。原來二客乃中山大商:一名張世平,一名蘇雙,每年往北販馬,近因寇發而回。玄德請二人到莊,置酒管待,訴說欲討賊安民之意。二客大喜,願將良馬五十匹相送;又贈金銀五百兩,鑌鐵一千斤,以資器用。玄德謝別二客,便命良匠打造雙股劍。雲長造青龍偃月刀,又名冷豔鋸,重八十二斤。張飛造丈八點鋼矛。各置全身鎧甲。共聚鄉勇五百餘人,來見鄒靖。鄒靖引見太守劉焉。三人參見畢,各通姓名。玄德說起宗派,劉焉大喜,遂認玄德為姪。

This was a real grief. But soon they were cheered by the arrival of two horse dealers with a drove of horses.

"Thus does Heaven help us!" said Liu Bei.

And the three brothers went forth to welcome the merchants. They were Zhang Shiping and Su Shuang from Zhongshan. They went northwards every year to buy horses. They were now on their way home because of the Yellow Scarves. The brothers invited them to the farm, where wine was served before them. Then Liu Bei told them of the plan to strive for tranquillity. Zhang Shiping and Su Shuang were glad and at once gave the brothers fifty good steeds, and beside, five hundred ounces of gold and silver and one thousand five hundred pounds of steel fit for the forging of weapons.

The brothers expressed their gratitude, and the merchants took their leave. Then blacksmiths were summoned to forge weapons. For Liu Bei they made a pair of ancient swords; for Guan Yu they fashioned a long-handled, curve blade called Green-Dragon Saber, which weighed a full one hundred pounds; and for Zhang Fei they created a ten-foot spear called Serpent Halberd. Each too had a helmet and full armor.

When weapons were ready, the troop, now five hundred strong, marched to Commander Zhou Jing, who presented them to Imperial Protector Liu Yan. When the ceremony of introduction was over, Liu Bei declared his ancestry, and Liu Yan at once accorded him the esteem due to a relation.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,