삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 019-11 여포의 죽음 

31.操大喜。即令軍士決兩河之水。曹兵皆居高原,坐視水淹下邳。下邳一城,只剩得東門無水;其餘各門,都被水淹。眾軍飛報呂布。布曰:「吾有亦免馬,渡水如平地,又何懼哉!」乃日與妻妾痛飲美酒。因酒色過傷,形容銷減。一旦取鏡自照,驚曰:「吾被酒色傷矣!自今日始,當戒之。」遂下令城中,但有飲酒皆斬。

32.卻說侯成有馬十五匹,被後槽人盜去,欲獻與玄德。侯成知覺,追殺後槽人,將馬奪回;諸將與侯成作賀。侯成釀得五六斛酒,欲與諸將會飲;恐呂布見罪,乃先以酒五瓶詣布府,稟曰:「托將軍虎威,追得失馬。眾將皆來作賀,釀得些酒,未敢擅飲,特先奉上微意。」

33.布大怒曰:「吾方禁,酒汝卻釀酒會飲,莫非同謀伐我乎?」命推出斬之。宋憲,魏續等諸將俱入告饒。布曰:「故犯吾令,理合斬首。今看眾將面,且打一百!」眾將又哀告,打了五十背花,然後放歸。眾將無不喪氣。

Cao Cao accepted the suggestion with joy and set his troops to cut the banks of River Yi and River Si, and moved his army to the high ground whence they watched the drowning out of Xiapi. Only the east gate remained clear of water.

The besieged soldiers hastened to their leader.

Lu Bu said, "Why should I fear? My good horse can go as well through the water as over the land."

And he again returned to the wine cup for consolation, drinking deeply with his wife and concubine.

The continual drinking bouts told at last, and Lu Bu began to look dissipated. Seeing himself in a mirror one day, he was startled at the change and said to himself, "I am injuring myself with wine. No more from this day forward!"

He then issued an order that no one should drink wine under penalty of death.

Now one of his generals, Hou Cheng, lost fifteen horses, stolen by one of his subordinates, Hou Cao, who intended to resell them to Liu Bei. Hou Cheng found out where the horses were, went out after them, and recovered them after killing Hou Cao. And Hou Cheng's colleagues congratulated him on his success. To celebrate the occasion, Hou Cheng brewed a few barrels of wine to be drunk at the feast.

But thinking his chief might find him in fault, Hou Cheng sent the bottles of wine to Lu Bu's palace with a petition explaining, "By your virtue of warlike renown, I have recovered my horses; and as my comrades come with their congratulations, I brew some bottles of wine, first to offer Your Lordship and second to ask your permission to have a little wine at the feast."

Lu Bu took it very angrily, saying, "When I have forbidden all wine, you brew some and begin to give feasts: You are simply defying me!"

Whereupon he ordered the officer to instant execution. However, Song Xian, Wei Xu, and other officers came in and interceded, and after a time Lu Bu softened.

"You ought to lose your head for this disobedience. But for the sake of your colleagues, the punishment shall be reduced to a hundred strokes."

They tried to beg him off this, but only succeeded in reducing the number of blows to one half.

When the sentence had been carried out and Hou Cheng was permitted to return home, his colleagues came sadly to console him.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,