삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 109-04 인과응보

正言間,必見師入,皇后大驚。師按劍謂芳曰:「臣父立陛下為君,功德不在周公之下;臣事陛下,亦與伊尹何別乎?今反以恩為讎,以功為過,欲與二三小臣,謀害臣兄弟,何也?」芳曰:「朕無此心。」師袖中取出汗衫,擲之於地曰:「此誰人所作耶?」芳魂飛天外,魄散九霄,戰慄而答曰:「此皆為他人所逼故也。朕豈敢興此心?」師曰:「妄誣大臣造反,當加何罪?」芳跪告曰:「朕合有罪,望大將軍恕之!」師曰:「陛下請起。國法未可廢也。」乃指張皇后曰:「此是張緝之女,理當除之!」芳大哭求免,師不從,叱左右將張後捉出,至東華門內,用白練絞死。後人有詩曰:

當年伏後出宮門,跣足哀號別至尊。司馬今朝依此例,天教還報在兒孫。

次日,司馬師大會群臣曰:「今主上荒淫無道,褻近娼優,聽信讒言,閉塞賢路:其罪甚於漢之昌邑,不能主天下。吾謹按伊尹、霍光之法,別立新君,以保社稷,以安天下,如何?」眾皆應曰:「大將軍行伊、霍之事,所謂應天順人,誰敢違命?」師遂同多官入永寧宮,奏聞太后。太后曰:「大將軍欲立何人為君?」師曰:「臣觀彭城王曹據,聰明仁孝,可以為天下之主。」太后曰:「彭城王乃老身之叔,今立為君,我何以當之?今有高貴鄉公曹髦,乃文皇帝之孫,此人溫恭克讓,可以立之。卿等大臣,從長計議。」

一人奏曰:「太后之言是也。便可立之。」眾視之,乃司馬師宗叔司馬孚也。師遂遣使往元城召高貴鄉公,請太后升太極殿,召芳責之曰:「汝荒淫無度,褻近娼優,不可承天下;當納下璽綬,復齊王之爵,目下起程,非宣召不許入朝。」芳泣拜太后,納了國寶,乘王車大哭而去。只有數員忠義之臣,含淚而送。後人有詩曰:

昔日曹瞞相漢時,欺他寡婦與孤兒。誰知四十餘年後,寡婦孤兒亦被欺!

卻說高貴鄉公曹髦,字彥士,乃文帝之孫,東海定王霖之子也。當日司馬師以太后命宣至,文武官僚,備鑾駕於西掖門外拜迎。髦慌忙答禮。太尉王肅曰:「主上不當答禮。」髦曰:「吾亦人臣也,安得不答禮乎?」文武扶髦上輦入宮,髦辭曰:c太后詔命,不知為何,吾安敢乘輦而入?遂步行至太極東堂。司馬師迎看,髦先下拜,師急扶起。問候己畢,引見太后。後曰:「吾見汝年幼時,有帝王之相;汝今可為天下之主:務須恭儉節用,布德施仁,忽辱先帝也。」

髦再三謙辭。師令文武請髦出太極殿,是日立為新君,改嘉平六年為正元元年,大赦天下,假大將軍司馬師黃鉞,入朝不趨,奏事不名,帶劍上殿。文武百官,各有封賜。正元二年春正月,有細作飛報,說鎮東將軍毋丘儉、揚州刺史文欽,以廢主為名,起兵前來。司馬師大驚。正是:

漢臣曾有勤王志,魏將還興討賊師。

未知如何迎敵,且看下文分解。

80 Sima Shi strode in, sword in hand.

81 "My father placed Your Majesty on the throne, a service no less worthy than that of Duke Zhou; I have served Your Majesty as Yi Yin served his master. Now is kindness met by enmity and service regarded as a fault. Your Majesty has plotted with two or three insignificant officials to slay me and my brother. Why is this?"

82 "I had no such intention," said Cao Fang.

83 In reply Sima Shi drew the garment from his sleeve and threw it on the ground.

84 "Who did this?"

85 Cao Fang was overwhelmed: His soul flew beyond the skies, his spirit lied to the ninth heaven.

86 Shaking with fear, he said, "I was forced into it. How could I think of such a thing?"

87 "To slander ministers by charging them with rebellion is an aggravated crime," said Sima Shi.

88 Cao Fang knelt at his feet, saying, "Yes, I am guilty. Forgive me."

89 "I beg Your Majesty to rise: The laws must be respected!"

90 Pointing to Empress Zhang, Sima Shi said, "She is of the Zhang house and must die!"

91 "Spare her!" cried Cao Fang, weeping bitterly.

92 But Sima Shi was obdurate. He bade the lictors lead her away, and she was strangled with a white silk cord at a Palace gate.

93 Now I recall another year; and lo! 
An empress borne away to shameful death. 
Barefooted, weeping bitterly she shrieks 
"Farewell," torn from her consort's arms. 
History repeats itself; time's instrument, 
Sima Shi avenges this on Cao Cao's heirs.

94 The day after these events, Sima Shi assembled all the officers and addressed them thus: "Our present lord is profligate and devoid of principle; familiar with the vile and friendly with the impure. He lends a ready ear to slander and keeps good people at a distance. His faults exceed those of the Prince of Changyi of old, and he has proved himself unfit to rule. Wherefore, following the precedents of Yi Yin and Huo Guang, I have decided to put him aside and to set up another, thereby to maintain the sanctity of the ruler and ensure tranquillity. What think you, Sirs?"

95 They all agreed, saying, "General, you are right to play the same part as Yi Yin and Huo Guang, thereby acting in accordance with Heaven and fulfilling the desire of humankind. Who dares dispute it?"

96 Then Sima Shi, followed by the whole of the officials, went to the Palace of Everlasting Peace and informed the Empress Dowager of his intention.

97 "Whom do you propose to place on the throne, General?" she asked.

98 "I have observed that Cao Ju, Prince of Pengcheng, is intelligent, benevolent, and filial. He is fit to rule the empire."

99 She replied, "He is my uncle, and it is not convenient. However, there is Cao Mao, Duke of Gaogui, and grandson of Emperor Pi. He is of mild temperament, respectful, and deferential, and may be set up. You, Sir, and the high officers of state might favorably consider this."

100 Then spoke one, saying, "Her Majesty speaks well: Cao Mao should be raised to the throne."

101 All eyes turned toward the speaker, who was Sima Fu, uncle of Sima Shi.

102 The Duke of Gaogui was summoned to the capital.

103 The Empress called Cao Fang into her presence in the Hall of Principles and blamed him, saying, "You are vicious beyond measure, a companion of lewd men and a friend of vile women. You are unfitted to rule. Therefore resign the imperial seal and revert to your status of Prince of Qi. You are forbidden to present yourself at court without special command."

104 Cao Fang, weeping, threw himself at her feet. He gave up the seal, got into his carriage and went away. Only a few faithful ministers restrained their tears and bade him farewell.

105 Cao Cao, the mighty minister of Han, 
Oppressed the helpless; little then thought he 
That only two score swiftly passing years 
Would bring like fate to his posterity.

106 The Emperor-elect Cao Mao was the grandson of Emperor Pi, and son of Cao Lin, Prince of Donghai. When Cao Mao was nearing the capital, all the officers attended to receive him at the Nanye Gate, where an imperial carriage awaited him. He hastily returned their salutations.

107 "The ruler ought not to return these salutations," said Grand Commander Wang Su.

108 "I also am a minister and must respond," replied he.

109 They conducted him to the carriage to ride into the Palace, but he refused to mount it, saying, "Her Majesty has commanded my presence; I know not for what reason. How dare I enter the Palace in such a carriage?"

110 He went on foot to the Hall, where Sima Shi awaited him. He prostrated himself before Sima Shi. Sima Shi hastily raised him and led him into the presence.

111 The Empress Dowager said, "In your youth I noticed that you bore the impress of majesty. Now you are to be the Ruler of the Empire. You must be respectful and moderate, diffusing virtue and benevolence. You must do honor to your ancestors---the former emperors."

112 Cao Mao modestly declined the proposed honor, but he was compelled to accept it. He was led out of the presence of the Empress Dowager and placed in the seat of empire in the Hall of Principles.

113 The style of the reign was changed from Domestic Calm, the sixth year, to Right Origin, the first year (AD 254). An amnesty was granted. Honors were heaped upon Sima Shi, who also received the golden axes, with the right to proceed leisurely within the precincts, to address the Throne without using his name, and to wear arms at court. Many other officers also received promotions.

114 But in the spring of the second year of Right Origin, it was reported at court that Guanqiu Jian, General Who Guards the East, and Wen Qin, Imperial Protector of Yangzhou, were raising armies with the declared design of restoring the deposed emperor.

115 Sima Shi disconcerted.

116 If ministers of Han have always faithful been, 
Wei leaders, too, prove their loyalty are keen.

117 How this new menace was met will appear in the next chapter.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,